Official Discussion: June 9th, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

1 Like

Back-end of our website is having issues at the moment but will post out the dev update and web-friendly versions of the Feedback Snapshot and Marketplace Update as soon as possible.

Edit: Updated.

3 Likes

So much great stuff coming in SU10, really looking forward to it! Also nice to see the Trislander on the marketplace, great, weird plane!

Oh and will try to join the community flight for sure, Gibraltar can be quite challenging if it’s windy!

2 Likes

As an Xbox simmer, not going to lie it’s getting a bit heartbreaking on Thursdays. I’m trying to have patience while you all sort things out on the console, but it’s difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. If I had the means I’d get a PC and walk away from the Xbox side for good.

5 Likes

if only the sim would stop slowing the winds the lower to the ground you are, instead of having the true wind’s value

1 Like

Please release with Aerosoft, simple traffic for Xbox users. It’s horrible to see air traffic so often lifeless in a game as beautiful as this.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback snapshot update especially. There’s a lot in there for me to look forward to :+1:

1 Like

Welp, my Wishlist topic got shot down as “Not Planned”. There’s also an aircraft request on there listed as Not Planned, too.

The message I take away from that is that the MSFS team has a plan, and if your wish lines up with what they’re going to do already, they’ll do it. Otherwise, they won’t.

4 Likes

Did I miss any mention of FSR 2.0?

1 Like

I saw that, and frankly I’m surprised some of mine haven’t been (yet). I heard Jorg describe what “not planned” meant a while back, but I don’t remember. He knows “not planned” sounds disappointing…

The list of bugs is incomplete. In particular the last 3 months list goes down to threads with 24 votes, but excludes this one with 88 votes:

I don’t want to hear any excuses that Asobo are not responsible for 3rd party. For sure, if there’s a 3rd party bug they are not, but the situation on xbox is that most airport add-ons and many scenery and even aeroplane add-ons sold on the marketplace are causing regular CTD for many or in some cases all users. These addons were mostly working pre-SU9 and pretty much all were fine back with SU7 and it’s Asobo’s updates that have broken xbox add-ons enmass and Asobo are certainly responsible for that. Most especially while they continue to sell us things we cannot use.

I hope it’s an accidental omission from the list, and not an indication of deliberately ignoring the serious problem that has already caused some users to ditch the platform.

Note that it’s not just 3rd party content either, Xbox X in particular is crashing a lot for many people, even those without any marketplace add-ons at all. See this thread with over 2500 posts in it for a flavour of the problem.

This is also not listed in the dev blog so Asobo really seem to be completely out of touch with their users.

6 Likes

If you happen to know where that came from, I’d be interested. My interpretation is that it means that they never have a plan to do it.
I can understand certain circumstances where they may need to say something is Not Planned, but it’s amazing to me that they would shoot down an idea so soon.

I suspected that whatever algorithm they are using to pick up the voting within the last three months doesn’t detect a topic that was created in December 2021.

The last I heard (from a previous Developer Q&A) was that they plan to introduce FSR in Sim Update 10, but the team might not have time to do 2.0 in time.

2 Likes

Sorry, I can’t narrow it down beyond one of the developer talks on the twitch stream. It was quite a long time ago. Not one of the recent ones.

1 Like

Hmm ok. From reading all of the xbox threads for months is clear that the problem is much worse since SU9 than before, personally I’ve had to uninstall several add-ons that worked before, thanks to SU9. How do xbox users get heard? Do we need to start a new bug thread rather than reuse an existing one? Probably if we did moderators would close it. This must be how desperation starts to set in. Presumably the next phase is to start searching up PC components. Sigh.

To HethrMasn’s point, the last 3 months includes
the top bugs by vote that were logged within the last 3 months only, which would exclude a bug logged in December 2021.

You can pull the list using this search.

3 Likes

I feel bad for xbox users as the whole idea of the console platform is its stability. I ditched using it after they came out with Xbox One and they failed to support some very expensive fanatec peripherals I got for my xbox 360.

However building and upgrading PCs to run games is a very costly undertaking so I see why Xbox is such an appealing alternative. I hope they sort this out soon.

2 Likes

what was it?