Official Discussion: May 19th, 2022 Dev Update

Sorry, I didn’t mean to add to your frustration. You understood my hint about requesting a refund, and I wish you good luck with that.

I’m getting the same as DROGUSA. Still freezes on the main page and the world map and I also get a mystery download.

Did a quick flight and it didnt crashed.

Update: Did a longer flight on the TBM and close to my destination the PFD glitched hard. Partialy froze one side and the map area was all disorganized.

Update 2: Started a new flight it finished loading and then it crashed, which that happens a lot after SU9.

Update 3: Started a new Long flight it Crashed 4 hours into a 11 hours flight.

I did a group flight tonight in Italy and it was horrendous. The majority of the people were having huge stutter problems and for a lot, the scenery was terrible.

Don’t understand what happened, but at least for us on PCs, this update was really bad. Huge stutters and terrible scenery for some. Everyone of the flight were on PCs.

I deleted WU9 downloaded it again and restarted the sim, and still terrible performance.

I have an I9-11900 and a 3080ti, 128GB of RAM. The CPU, GPU or RAM weren’t stressed but I had the terrible stutters. Bad enough where I couldn’t land the plane.

But, for me the scenery looked okay. But I guess that WU9 and flying in Italy is not a good thing to do at the time.

But, I’m pretty sure that we will have a fix soon.

3 Likes

Any news about the bad performance/stutters introduced with SU9?
They are “investigating” for 3 weeks. Surely by now they should have found the causes?

4 Likes

Did everything here, downloaded the update (1.8gb) - still got the same CTD upon starting the game. Series S.

2 Likes

I have to say I agree too. The Fenix thread was full of happy and amazed people (obviously rightly so) and in contrast the Xbox as you say gets nothing whatsoever (I hope there is a good reason for this) and even worse than that, an awful lot of Xbox users couldn’t even get past the loading screen. Then we have the exponential increase in crashes since SU9, then we have the WASM issue that means we don’t get the higher fidelity aircraft (Fenix aside, which will never be on Xbox anyway) that have been released, especially things like the 146, 310R, etc.

If there’s no tangible information or progress in regard to the Dev Q&A next week then I’ll be taking an extended break from the sim, as the marked increase in random (mostly on approach/landing though) crashes since SU9 has left me unable to enjoy the sim properly, and the aircraft that have been released for PC to be enjoyed whilst Xbox users largely suffer has left me feeling pretty demoralised and disheartened.

Edit: regarding the marketplace, I’ve just read about the no products this week for Xbox. Makes sense, but the other issues need addressing. Asap.

5 Likes

Another update and nothing on memory issues, we are waiting for a solution this is unbelievable how you guys are ignoring it, more then 350 comments and not even a word.

@Jummivana can we get a timeline when this issue will be fixed?
Im unable to use the simulator, please let the team know about it.

3 Likes

Joined via the insider app and downloaded the update but the game still crashes to desktop when loading up. Furthest I get to is the New Activities screen then the games just closes. Have rebooted fully several times but still doesn’t work which is annoying as wanting to play this game all week.

Once the patch will be released, it will be possible to install WU IX?
Should I install the world update that I have already downloaded or have I to cancel it and download it again?

Sim not playable on Pc, reinstalled everything including windows and got the same results.
Stutter / cdt / dropped frame.
Almost a month now.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t have the word xBox in it it’s on the bottom of the pile. Everything is just about the consoles now. We PC gamers can just be told “must be your system”.

1 Like

Still getting lots of stutter on main screen scrolling through tabs. Stutter when downloading updates and CTD when I loaded via the world map, again stutter when you load up world map.
XBSX

I can’t stress this enough, please dont forget us PC users:

This thread has a growing 5.7k views, 361 replies and get constantly ignored by the devs and moderators since April,14th.

No offence here but, are you folk serious?

8 Likes

same here, i wonder if there is something we need to do first like uninstall something first and try again?

I think that you are aware that there are many people here who are saying the exact opposite :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
I have no hope that this chasm will disappear any time soon, sadly.
My gut says they want the sim to be equally fantastic on all platforms, and that the single source approach is the best way to guarantee this. They have no preference for either platform.

2 Likes

Got rid of all weeks ago and it was ok until the latest update. This is a joke wish i could get a refund.

As someone stated above, there wasn’t a roadmap update?? Nor was there any announcement of the next WU or trailer for this one still?? Are my wires crossed?

To be honest, an apology alone is far from enough with the ongoing problems, especially for X-Box customers. There has to be a bit more. For example, the Local Legend for all for free.

3 Likes

That’s never going to happen haha. Nice try though.

Now… trees are reduced to Zero. No trees in the world. No forests. Only 2d. Even Falcon on Amiga had 3d Forests. Dear Developers please bring back the trees.