Official Discussion: Reno Air Racing

They never said that. Do you have a source for that info?

4 Likes

This will be presented by a developer in the Dev Q&A tomorrow, as well as answering many of the questions here.

2 Likes

Ok cool. Hoping that some text based announcement will also be posted with the details.

Am I right in thinking the Pitts S1S plane being sold in the Reno pack is basically the same Pitts everyone gets for free in the GoTY pack (just probably a different livery) ?

This is something I am also curious about too.

Will they count as one plane or as two?

1 Like

Okay, i have a question…

Almost certainly, the airshow variant of Reno including crowds, extra details etc. will only be used in the new online game mode. However, will Reno have an improved version for offline/non racing lobby play?

If i can use those planes at any time, then surely i can have some kind of improved Reno version offline too. Maybe without crowds.

What airport do they use for the air races? Just curious if that will be updated also…

@Jummivana My question is what goes into producing this much content for a single release? How did they even do it? Its almost unbelievable considering the GOTY content as well.

They never said that. Reno was always going to be a paid DLC.
People should stop spreading this, I’ve seen it from a couple of people and they quite obviously never read the details at the time.

I’m not white knighting MAsobo here, it’s just annoying to have to continually see people posting things which are untrue.

13 Likes

Again, my expectations were blown away by this. I didn’t expect to see all the avionics/cockpit/model changes by plane. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this now. Will be getting the full version.

2 Likes

Reno Stead Airport… it will be updated but there is already REALLY good freeware version available.

I don’t even care about the Reno Racing itself. I probably will never fire up that mode. I just want all this aircraft! :wink:

2 Likes

So if I read it right, the 20 USD 4-plane pack is for people who want to have the planes in MSFS and race them with their friends, and the 60 USD pack will include all planes and it is required to participate in some kind of official online league. I would imagine that is the case because there cannot be a mix of 20 and 60 dollar package because many of those planes will not be seen by people who got 20-dollar packages.

I’m reading the announcement as $20 for the planes and $40 for liveries which, if you only ever fly from ‘inside’, doesn’t really amount to much extra value (I have all the extra liveries in the base game turned off at present) - about right?

The cockpits are also different. Perhaps also engine and flight characteristics, but I’m not sure about that.

2 Likes

Are these aircraft available for flight in the sim or only in the races?

Actually they never said it was going to be paid either. They just didn’t publish anything about it being free or paid when they first announced it: Microsoft Flight Simulator Celebrates Gamescom with Major Updates - Microsoft Flight Simulator

In the same article they announced the JU-52, and they explicitly say it’s going to be $14.99, so it’s easy to assume Reno could have been free.

2 Likes

The fact that you (and others also) explicitly have to mention this clearly shows the great
influence of the name calling, harshness and negativity on this forum. I’d rather have that this wouldn’t be necessary. Like “I’m not criticizing MSobo, I must explain this or I’m doomed”. :laughing:

I have my own issues with the sim, but as a developer myself I prefer a bias towards accuracy rather than specious assumptions and/or bs :wink:

2 Likes

"During Microsoft’s Gamescom 2021 Xbox presentation, an all-new way to fly has been announced for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Coming later this year, you will have the chance to participate in the Reno Air Race.

The new paid downloadable content will allow you to take to the skies in a competitive way to beat fellow simmers across a number of races. In collaboration with STIHL National Championship Air Races, Reno Air Races will include the ability to compete with friends and others."

It was pretty much noted everywhere I saw it that it was paid DLC. eg above.

They’ve also said all along that paid DLC is coming, and in fact have already released a number of aircraft as paid DLC.

6 Likes