[OFFICIAL] Weekly Dev Update Screenshot Challenge: Highlands

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another screenshot challenge! The idea is to collectively explore different parts of the world together - areas that may be very familiar to you or perhaps a new place you have never flown before. Feel free to find others to fly with to capture the challenge, or go solo!

Last week’s winner from Monuments and Statues: @hulebjoern

This Week’s Challenge

Highlands: Take screenshots of hills, mountains, and other upland regions from around the globe. Our team will choose a selection of the best submissions to feature in next week’s Dev Update, but when it comes to picking a winner, there can be only one.

If you have screenshot challenge ideas for the future, please DM me!

Rules

1. Any time of day
  2. Any type of weather
  3. Code of Conduct appropriate liveries
  4. Default aircraft or aircraft from the MSFS Marketplace
  5. Up to 10 entries (screenshots) allowed

The rest is fair game! Use your creativity! We will pick the top 11 shots. 1 will be featured as the main photo of the next dev update and the other 10 will be featured in the community section.

You may also add a watermark or username to your image if you wish.

Suggestion

We are having a community flight on August 13th exploring the Scottish Highlands. This will be a great opportunity to captures shots from one of the most famous highland regions in the world, so come join us on Twitch for the group flight! All experience levels are welcome, and it is Xbox-friendly as well. Click here for more details on the event.

How To Submit Your Screenshot

Just post them below here in this thread. Thank you for participating and have fun!

Note: This thread is for screenshot submissions only. Unless you have a particular question about the challenge, please do not engage in casual conversation here. Thank you!

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

A caucasian sunset with the moon as seen from the TBM930.

For those who are unfamiliar with this perspective: It is taken from inside an aircraft, the so called cockpit. This is the workplace of an pilot!

Another one: Swiss alps seen from the Icon A5

4 Likes

Sierra Nevada Mountain Range looking west into the valley

Mt. Shasta, California, USA

2 Likes

Replying on the

Let me present to you… Mars… Also known as the Altiplano. Screenshots are from the Bolivia region. Not sure if it qualifies for upland regions, but at average 130, it’s quite high and amazing to fly over.

Salt plane where appearantly, it has been raining on the bottom right.

Salt planes in the background.

Inbound to SPGL, via an “enthusiasts” approach, runway 31

2 Likes

I always think of Scotland when I think of the Highlands. . .but here’s some high latitude lands instead. Up in the Aleutians.

2 Likes

Approaching Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada. Western Rockies Pacific Coast at sunset.

1 Like

On approach to PANC, southeastern Alaska.

B78X

8/13/21 late evening arrival as the Alaska sunset is starting

2 Likes

Nepal Himalayas

5 Likes

5 Likes

What airport is this? Stunning! I want to check it out, looks beautiful. Cheers

1 Like

Thank you!
Which screenshot do you mean?

The second and third images in your post above :slight_smile:

Cheers

Those are from BIIS, Isafjordur, Iceland. This airport is also part of a landing challenge. But be sure to check out the rest of Iceland too, it’s beautiful. BIIS to BIBL for example is a nice but beautiful short flight, to start your journey…

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

Nepal near Everest

Uploading: Cesna Grand caravan 14.png…

3 Likes

1 Like