OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

Quick question out there for Quest 2 user. I’ve say on the patch that fovheated is not supported on the Quest 2 unless using Steam VR or DX12. Have someone tested if there is a benefit to switch to either of those? And also, how do you use Steam VR if the Oculus is the default service?

Thanks!

Same here in my Vive Pro. I found opening the ToolKit menu pops the FPS display higher and when you close the menu, it stays there. So, open/close XRToolKit menu and you should be good to go. A bit inconvenient, but not too bad.

I’m running the Quest 2 on Oculus OpenXR. I can see and can change the FFR settings. My FPS is about 10FPS up on previous and looks great.

But does this mean I’m not actually having any effect of FFR with current runtime?

Yes the setting will be visible but will likely not do anything. If it does I want to hear from you!! Can you do the following:

1. use the desktop companion app to enable Experimental mode
  2. enable the Detailed overlay (instead of FPS).

Now take a look at the (many) debug values, one of them is called “VRS RTV”. If the value next to this is 0, then FFR is not active.

If this somehow works for you, we need to get in touch so I understand how that’s possible and learn from it!!

2 Likes

Will try now and report back Matt

1 Like

This is a bug :slight_smile: Thanks for reporting it. I can totally see what’s happening here, this is an unwanted side-effect of trying to make the menu centered (esp for high-res headsets).

Will fix it in the next refresh release.

Confirmed that “VRS RTV” is set to 0 Matt. Wow and I’m still getting better performance than before even without it. Same scaler settings - only thing I changed were the ‘non-effective’ FFR settings.

Will switch the OpenXR over to SteamVR to see how that goes.

Lol that is unexpected, I’m guessing there’s an explanation and it did not come for free.

If you have time then I suggest downgrading back to the old version of OpenXR Toolkit to check. Maybe capture those detaild overlay values. Then back to 1.0.1 and get the values there too. This way we can compare and try to understand!

Hey i cant see a Handtracking Menu in the Software iam Using Quest 2 what do you mean with Developer Runtime Features??

Confirm the FFR is working (resolution change and performance change) on Quest 2 on steam runtime, I am going via Virtual Desktop at maximum resolution.

I am however finding that the areas outside of the inner circle have a lot of shimmering / aliasing / “crawling ants” on straight lines, even when middle res is at maximum (50%). I guess this is due to the general aliasing problem on Asobo’s side? It is unfortunate as my brain cant help noticing the significant aliasing movements on the external regions, where it would surely be able to ignore a static reduced resolution/blurriness (such as in your screenshots).

Thanks again, as I mentioned above please do let me know if you could recommend charitable donations in lieu of coffees etc. Or both !

In the quest app, see Hand Tracking in MSFS - Leap Motion / UltraLeap native support for WMR/OpenXR - #355 by mbucchia

ähm i dont have this points in my app :-/

You’re going to need to seek help from someone with an Oculus device.

CC @Flobud and @Nirgal2776. I think you had mentioned you need to create a developer account perhaps?

Let’s try to get some clearer instructions than mine (since I have mostly no idea what I am talking about)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the tremendous work done so far. following the instructions here too VRS RTV is at 0, is it okay or do I have to change something?

W11, i7 12700, ddr5, rtx 3080ti, Reverb G1

Thank you

With a Reverb, that’s quite odd.

What setting did you enable? Is sim running DX11 or 12? What OpenXR runtime do you use ( WMR or SteamVR)?

Hey, thanks i have found it and now it is visible. Thx

Can you explain what you had to do so I can make it more clear in the documentation?

DX11 and OpenXR WMR

Nobody having problems with this config AFAIK. Which setting have you enabled? Preset or custom?

That what you said, creating an Oculus Development Account afer this is is finished you have to Log off from the App and ligin Again and than the Settings are visible

3 Likes