Our flying cat pics (No real cockpits)

Mod Edited to reinforce that content across the forum is mostly designed for Flight Simulator. Real-life Aviation exists for real pet co-pilots/pax.

This is the thread to post pictures of your cats, wherever virtual or real. Whether your cat loves to fly or prefers to sit on your keyboard every time you try to fly… :wink: Post pictures of them in the planes they fly in and of the places they go.

In this thread we love all cats! (Dogs are seriously off topic here.)

To get started here’s my kitty copilot having a very comfortable ride in our Comanche.

Shame about the weather, but it’s London so has to be expected.

7 Likes

LOL, what AddOn is this?

A kind reminder that #gd-commsupport:real-life-aviation exists for real world screenshots. The majority of the forum is designated for the subject of MS Flight Simulator. Thank you.

[RELEASED] Avitar Series | Got Friends - General Discussion & Community Support / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Confident cat monitoring autopilot.

3 Likes

Is there a list of aircraft that will show cats or avatars in the internal cockpit view?

1 Like

Not that I know of but we can help each other out here by documenting what we find.
A2A Comanche yes if you enable copilot.
Fenix A320 no.
SWS Kodiak yes IIRC.

GotFriends Edgely Optica

2 Likes

We need an animated one like this …

8 Likes

Silas loves to co-pilot my Comanche

2 Likes

The list loving @Baracus250 has predictably come to our assistance with his latest new topic…

Soon there should be a solid list of cat friendly aeroplanes to fly in.

3 Likes

Thanks to this awesome mod the fenix is now pet compatible!

Here is Miami Cat.

1 Like

I want to see someone’s cockpit cat illuminated by the new, all new, Magenta flashlight from the marketplace.

:cat2: :flashlight:

2 Likes

Sorry but I didn’t actually buy those. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I knew you hadn’t, but the combo was too tempting not to mention!

1 Like

3 Likes

Took Oscar out for a jaunt to Vegas in the SF50. Naturally he found the spot with the sunbeam…!

1 Like

Although there do not seem to be any FAA rules specifically requiring harnesses for animals in an aircraft cabin it is common sense.

https://generalaviationnews.com/2019/07/25/animals-on-board/

A Beechcraft BE20 King Air pilot filed it after an aircraft upset in flight while transporting passengers and their pet dogs.

“About 10 minutes after passing the last thunderstorm cell,” he wrote, “we hit a small, violent, ice-laden cell.”

The flight crew hadn’t seen the cell on their radar. Everybody on board was thrown abruptly up and then down as extreme turbulence from the cell plummeted the aircraft down 1,000′ and then rocketed it up 1,000′ almost instantaneously.

After recovering and notifying air traffic control of the reason for their altitude excursion, the pilot sent his co-pilot aft to check on and assist the passengers. The passengers had kept their seatbelts on, so were largely unhurt. The same couldn’t be said for their pets.

“The larger dog had broken its spine and was killed by violent roof/floor impact,” he wrote.

The smaller dog also sustained serious injuries.

1 Like