Patch 1.9.3. What happened?

Yeah. As far as I know, 20 is the minimum required internet speed with the ideal being 50.

I think you can create a manual cache in the data options and then pre-download the area you want to fly on. The UI to do it is a bit of a pain, but beats having your internet clogged.

Claiming that people are wrong doesn’t make it true. The fact that you posted absolutely unsightly prepar3d screenshots championing them as better looking certainly doesn’t help your case.

2 Likes

If you wanna nit-pick about graphics so much so that you have to call it “downgraded” (which is fine by me. I’m not bothered. You have the right to complain about anything really), then I suggest the following:

1. get a 1080ti or better (now that the 3000 series is out, aim for those). My screenshots were taken on a 1080ti, and there’s a huge difference between it and your 1080, specially when it comes to MSFS (and not other games, sims or apps).

2. definitely install MSFS on a SSD. HDD will never be as fast as SSD. It’s an impossibility.

3. if you are on wifi, DEFINITELY switch to ethernet asap. I did the switch the day I saw the first MSFS trailer last year, and I’m not regretting it at all.

4. Definitely make sure you are getting the internet download speed you are paying for. If you are not getting it, talk to your ISP or switch to a better one.

go for 3090 go for the big boy!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

At this point, I’d just go for the RTX 3700 when it comes out this month. Fingers crossed I can buy one with the availability issues they’re having.

Mine are taken with a 1660ti, and it definitely is at the end of its lifetime.

Nah, I have a 650 W power source. I don’t want to have to rewire the whole PC :smiley:

Since I’m not interested in 4K, the 3700 is pretty much the sweet spot for me.

1 Like

AFTER THIS JAPAN UPDATE THE AUTOPILOTS ARE DOING WEIRD STUFF, A320NEO ONLY BANKS TO THE RIGHT AND DECENDS, I REINSTALLED 3 TIMES AND NOTHING, IT ALSO CRASHED A FEW TIMES THAT IT DINDNT IN THE PAST. NO LIVERIES NO MODES NO NOTHING EXTRA INSTALLED.
I write it in capital letters cause its driving me crazy!

Best wishes.

1 Like

In that same aircraft (C172 G1000) I have 30 hours doing the same route (EGGP to EGLC), with each flight around 3 hours long, just to test and learn the G1000 system and live weather. In those 30 hours the sim never crashed. Not even once.

1 Like

I see I may have exaggerated by saying downgrade
I am planning on getting the 3080
I’m quite fine with the speed of my HDD. It was on there from the beginning and worked just fine. Also I have no space on my current SSD but when I can free some up I will do so.
I am on Ethernet
I agree. I just think lately at my place a lot of people started to use the internet more frequently (because of covid) and my provider just can’t keep up. That would also explain why the Japan update took so long to download
3090 is a bit too expensive :smiley:

Compare MSFS2020 with a rocket that needs some fine tuning and then :rocket:
I also fly IFR long legs and yeah it’s frustrating if at the end or mid all went bad. CTD etc.

Yes downgrades are present but fast past. A matter of patience. I thrust them.:ok_hand:

1 Like

And just so that everyone is aware @Christiance5917 is unable to provide screenshot evidence of anything they say beacuse they have uninstalled the sim and are no longer using it, and yet they insist on remaining in these forums posting fake news and propaganda stories about downgraded graphics

8 Likes

Guess he’s salty because addon developers are jumping the Prepar3d ship by the droves.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go grab some biscuits now cause I don’t have popcorn :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Good for you. I just performed a flight from EDDF to EDDM and the MFD went black in the middle of the flight disengagin AP aswell. Happened 6 times till that time on various flights. And this is an issue to other users too. I don´t want to rant the game, i juszt want to name the issues.

That’s fair. Lots of threads on that issue - saw some solutions about turning off AI aircraft and othee things that might help.

Guys I think we can stop the discussion at this point. My issue got solved and we can close this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t declare that all is working perfectly.
Read our posts.

“There are downgrades in graphics that we get not solved”
“There is a building bug in Germany”
and couple of system issues.

I should probably link to my pre/post patch 2 and patch 3 screenshot comparison thread too at this point (although as you’ll see in that thread @Christiance5917 denies that my evidence exists).

Pre/Post Patch 2 & 3 Screenshot Comparison

1 Like

Yeah, i read those solutions, Even changing the virtual vfr folder etc. Didn´t work out for me. I do have a acceptable machine (I710700k RTX2070Super, 32 GIG3200 and SSD) and a 400Mbits Internet cable. As I said I don´t want to troll or rant the software, but there is still an aweful lot of dev work to do.

1 Like

We can argue some specific things being downgraded graphically since launch, but you are joking with this screenshots, seriously.
Graphics-wise MSFS2020 it’s in another league, there is no even chance of comparison only by lighting itself.

2 Likes

I have the building height fix, but I can’t find anything on draw distance. Can you either post or PM me a link?

Yep. Same experience. The game isn’t enjoyable anymore. And because of the crashes / freezes, it has become unplayable. Waiting for the next patch…

1 Like

It’s from the same guy.

1 Like