Pilot's lounge - What did you do in MSFS today?

You’ll get as much out of it as you put in to it. It sounds like you aren’t convinced so I would just drop the whole thing if I were you.

As I said, if it’s the Official folders you are most concerned with, just remove them from the “My Content” page.

For me, what it lets me do is organise a structure to my addons that exists elsewhere on the disk, and that is than transposed across to my Community folder. The Community folder doesn’t allow for this, and has to be a flat structure.

The other thing it lets me easily do is swap between versions of planes. For example, if I wanted to test two different versions, I can now just tick one box, and untick another. No copying or moving folders around, just toggle between them.

2 Likes

Actually, I really don’t want to “remove” anything.  I was hoping to be able to temporarily remove/hide aircraft and scenery I’m not using.

When I see “Coast Guard” it always reminds me of this:

“Sergeant Colon of the Ankh-Morpork City Guard was on duty. He was guarding the Brass Bridge, the main link between Ankh and Morpork. From theft.

When it came to crime prevention, Sergeant Colon found it safest to think big.”
― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

I hope you no part of the coast was stolen on your watch :wink:

3 Likes

What plane is that?

1 Like

FSReborn Sting S4 - Marketplace exclusive. Very fun plane.

2 Likes

If they are .png screen captures, save as/ export as jpg and they will probably be postable size

1 Like

That’s odd as for sure I get the right sky in Australia, I can see the Southern Cross, and I’ve checked it against Sky Map before.

1 Like

Yes it’s normally ok. It may have just been a glitch?

2 Likes

Is it just me? I dont get this… :thinking:

3 Likes

Got me too.  Darned if I know, and I thought MY sense of humor was a bit wacky!
:wink:

1 Like

The dot was a joke against the white dot that is plaguing some users experience. It’s a leftover from the Beta. If you see the official thread for AAU2 there is many comments about it

1 Like

(scratching head)
:deaf_person:  (man tapping his temple)

1 Like

I have this issue also, there are a lot with the same. Just making light of it rather then gripping

HAHAHAHA, I’m not alone with this line of humour

With respect to your flight plan and the autopilot, does the AP handle the altitude changes?

1 Like

@ cyclicalobsessv Nah! You have to set each step when you need to ascend or descend.
I’ve also found if the engine hasn’t fully got up to temp, if you set the VS climb rate above +300 the engine has a tendency to lose power, sending the plane into a stall. So for your first climb from rotation it’s best to set a steady climb of +200 to +300. If you climb manually you seem to get better climb rates.
I really love this plane, It’s far superior compared to the stock version.
Also be warned if your doing a IFR flight plan, ATC can have a tendency to try and send you to 16,000ft, when the 152 max’s out at around 14,500ft. So then you get shouted at a lot LoL!

2 Likes

In my experience, ATC usually honors altitude I enter into the flight plan. Except yesterday, I was flying over an US airbase and I wanted to get lower because of icing conditions, but I received access denied. Luckily the icing was not that bad.

But what happens to me very often is that I file a plan with 10000ft altitude. Then in the middle of flight I request to get to 8000ft. It is permitted. But on arrival the ATC created plan with original 10000ft, so they ask me to climb to 10000 just before to start descend. That is annoying. That is one reason I fly only very little IFR.

1 Like

I really suggest the African tour. I flew Africa around with the L39C Albatros counter clockwise and enjoyed the tour a lot. Surprisingly the desert parts were the most spectacular.

Now my is in South America, doing the same, but I dont fly it as often as I used to

3 Likes

@Tuffbull7923

It’s hard for me to find the time as well. I have thought about Africa quite a bit. I’ve thought about flying it in all kinds of aircraft: vintage biplane (romantic but slow), a Caravan (utilitarian), Cariboo (NGO), TBM (speedy, familiar), Piper Warrior (no AP so can be tiring on long, turbulent flights) or even the 152 (no GPS, manual all the way). There a lots of options and because Africa is so huge I will want to choose carefully. I could always change up my rides along the way (ferry pilot) but I kinda like to start and finish in the same craft, warts n all.

I will be scribbling down some notes and trying a few planes out locally to see what might be the most interesting and effective to find my way around the Big Continent. Maybe I’ll try an airliner even (Of my nearly 400hours, I haven’t gotten a single minute in any airliner yet :astonished:)

Not sure how to go but I’ll enjoy the research and evaluation :airplane::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I did it in legs no longer than 1 hour each, although the Albatros is quite fast for its size :slight_smile:

Edit: sorry that was over enthusiastic, almost like an advertisement. The Albatros absolutely worth the ten bucks, but taking a breather to try different aircraft is probably a very good idea. If you’re willing to learn airliners I’d first suggest a go at the CJ4. It has similar avionics to airliners but is able to use shorter runways and of course it’s in the base game. And of course if you’re willing to spend money to a new aircraft, then there are quite a few to choose from.

3 Likes