Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

While I admire your attempt on getting everyone to do something together … No, we can’t.
You are still going on about there being no updates, and a “ghost” message.

There were three. 2x airports and a bushflight for me.
They are not saying “it’s” fixed, as there are 2x “it’s”

1. The server interruption causing players to get a pop-up message
    (and posts on how to avoid it)
  2. The loss of the logbook data
    (and posts on how to avoid it)

These are not separate issues, the pop-up causes the logbook to be wiped.
Workarounds to avoid clicking “Yes” on the popup are posted here, but should really be in the other thread:

which was started because ppl thought the issues were caused by a downed server

It appears to be malformed data pushing though optional updates in readiness for the World Update 4, code that was put in on Friday, and so began causing issues from 12:00 UTC all the way thorough to the lnext day, when it appears to be fixed.

People are still turning off/back on data connections to show it is still there, but that is another issue.
There no longer seems to be anything “forcing” a re-login to update, but we cannot tell as we have already been snaffled.
In my experience, it was still messing with me after the updates had been done, @ 23:00 UTC that night.
It seems this is no longer happenieng as of yesterday, when it did not message me throughout my flights.

If you take a look at the health of the Xbox validation servers since 07/04/2021 there are plenty of reasons to believe that MSFS2020 has indeed been impacted by Xbox server outages which have been happening since that date.

I found a “kh_logbook” file in my steam cloud that maybe is related with the logbook. But i’m not sure if Steam keeps backups of files… i don’t think so.

EDIT: By the way, my C172 still remembers how many hours we have been together with the engine running.

you should think so :wink: … it is…

1 Like

Answer has been here all along!: KNOWN ISSUES (Last modified: April 10, 2021) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Horrible advice because it doesn’t prevent it from occurring again. I guess we now either play with FSX graphics or just play with the random chance of having to restart each flight due to this bug.

LockedFir76798,

Thanks for your input.

1. I didn’t have any pending updates in my case when I checked via the content manager (apart from 30 liveries that I’m not interested in).
  2. I haven’t installed any optional updates.
  3. I didn’t have a data disconnected problem either that was being reported, whereby users had to manually turn it on again.

I just lost my logbook data which is the original subject of this post. Based on your investigation, the malformed data should not have reached me through the updates but from clicking ‘yes’ maybe that’s how I was effected. Nothing to do with the ‘updates’. Although others reported clicking ‘no’ and still lost their data.

And that was what I was hoping people could help find out. It wasn’t a demand, just a suggestion. If you don’t want to… then don’t.

If you can send through to me the malformed data, and the data that’s not malformed, I can take a look at it as I’ve been involved in low level comms for some years now and can compare the hex values in the messages to see what’s different. But obviously you’ve done that already to come to this conclusion.

Surely a malformed packet in the data would only come from one server? They wouldn’t all decide to do it at the same time?

So, you got all your flights since August 2020 and logbook back now it’s no longer happening?

No my friend it didn’t work for me. I did what you suggest but a few minutes after take off the message poped up again.

1 Like

People, be careful with this! Doing as described in the link and follow the instructions directs your logbook probably straight away into the bermuda triangle.

Please read Riverrover’s post Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date] - #443 by Riverrover before clicking anything in a hurry, his method works for me very well.

3 Likes

I was only forwarding a suggestion by somebody else that other users found helpful.
I‘m not responsible for this mess and I‘m sorry it didn‘t work for you. Pease don’t reply in such a personal way, I‘m hardly your ‚friend‘.
The situation is already ugly enough, nobody needs to make it more toxic.

Those hours are kept in individual “state.CFG” file under the …8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects folder.

1 Like

They had a Beta test…it was a test of the beta system and not actually the game that makes sense right.

I’ve tried most things in this thread with no luck. I copied the backup of ‘wgs’ folder from my backup drive (last backup yesterday) and I seem to have my hours back. I know this won’t help most here but if you have a backup, it’s the only thing that worked for me.

1 Like

Same problem here. “Packages out of date”… and pilot logbook reset… occurred two times since friday… :sob:

Same been happening here since Wednesday and done those updates in the content manager but still haven’t fixed it and I don’t know if this has anything to do with this but the game crashes after a short period,we just need Microsoft to do an update or renew their servers because at the minute this game is driving me nuts😡

I posted the fix at least three times on this thread… And the fix will not restore your logbook if you already lost it.

Hello,

Same problem tonight as everyone.Start-up cold en dark from parking LDSP (Split) ,real weather,tbm930 aviators club livery.This happened at the start of taxi.Lost 400 hours, empty logbook.
statistics still there.Steam version…

If this is deleting information, Asobo/MS should be more proactive a try to solve the issues. It’s not sufficient to say “sorry for any inconvenience”. It’s always the same, at each “World Update” there’s a new bug/malfunction that comes in. I wouldn’t mind about those World Updates if the current sim is more stable and nothing runs the risk of being deleted

2 Likes

Windows 10 Home, MSFS 1.14.6.0 (premium deluxe, not steam). The first time I was over the north sea during cruise, the last time I was parked at EGSS, stand 510, cold & dark. Only “aerosoft-crj” and “ivao_x-csl” within community dir. :weary: