"Please insert the MSFS Game Disk" with beta only : Update: work around found

What I really love about the flight sim community is that when an issue is affecting us all, everyone pitches in to search for a solution and share it with the rest of the community. Quite often workarounds are found long before the developers have reacted to the problem or implemented a solution.

You’re all great. Happy flying all !! :+1:

Thank you! I was beating my head against my desk all day (between meetings) and Lo and Behold, I found this link and it works!

Step-by-step guide :wink:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/0x800701b1-during-launch-update-it-has-returned/506902/41

I just got version 6.69.15001.0 of the MS “Gaming Services” and version 5.822.9132.0 of the “Xbox Game Bar” updated, via the MS Store App on Win11, but this still happens. Even tried reinstalling MSFS SU10 Beta 1.27.21.0. No joy.

This link has nothing to do with “Insert Game Disk”.
What do I not understand?

I tried the Opt Out of the Gaming in the Insiders Hub. The weird thing is this worked for me yesterday.. Then today nope!! Same error message “Please Insert MSFS Gaming Disk”

Thanks :wink: Your solution using the PowerShell as Admin worked :grin::ok_hand:

Loving the community in the forums. It really is the best place to help solve issues :winking_face_with_tongue: :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

I really hope the Devs / Microsoft look at this thread and make sure on release of Sim Update 10 this does not happen again. You should not have to go through this frustrating / irritating problem solving let alone having to go into the PowerShell to make an adjustment…

tired that didnt work for me sadly

Tks a lot for this precious information, it did work on my side, all good! :ok_hand:

Try this :

Try this :

You are wrong :wink:

“Without knowledge, understanding is impossible.”

Important is that OP , @notsofearless and @tamalien understand :wink:

Read that again carefully please.
Workaround (september 14 2022) and step-by-step guide (april 21 2022) how to opt out windows gaming and reinstall gaming services.

I am really glad that folks are able to enjoy MSFS again and the work around concerning the opting out of the Insider Hub preview program “Windows Gaming” resolves this temporary issue concerning the prompt to “insert MSFS disc”.

I have had difficulties with this insider hub preview program interfering with MSFS previously. When I read about the gaming update that some received (and I hadn’t received), I suspected that this preview program may be a factor. I sent a PM to notsofearless to see if he was enrolled in that preview and suggesting unenrolling to see if that resolved the issue.

I am pretty sure a further gaming update will resolve the issue for those who wish to participate in windows gaming preview in the future. However, for me, after having my log book wiped from a previous gaming update offered through this preview program, I have elected to remain firmly unenrolled from “Windows Gaming” in insider hub.

I got this message after forgetting that I had my wifi switched off before starting MSFS so I suggest first action should always be to check your internet is working properly

What if I’m not in the windows gaming services beta?. I also get the message intermitently. Any solution for this?. I couldn’t find it through the thread.

thanks!

I was not using the gaming beta or any of those services. I still got the disk error. I ran through the stuff on the page here and nothing worked still got the disk error. I also noticed when I was able to get all the way into the game my profile and options pages were gone. I had to un-install, re-install to get everything back, however I lost all my settings for controllers and had to redo them. So while this does work for many , it didn’t work me and some others as well.

Iam not on beta and i got the message insert the disk

Thanks, I see now that the link was inside.

Dxxx I got rid of this issue yesterday by using the method get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers, it did work ok but the issue just landed again right now in front of my screen, the sentence : Please insert your MSFS Game Disk" !??? :triumph: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

What’s wrong?? Let’s do it again then, let’s see!

I opted out of the Windows Gaming Insider, but it never reverted to the previous version. It still says v6.69…

When trying to remove the Gaming Services in PowerShell I get an error 0x80070002.

I saw a possible workaround by deleting it in Registry Editor, but still can’t get the normal version.

Haven’t been able to use MSFS for 4 days now.

Thanks, I now have new knowledge.
I did not know what the white triangle was for.
I did not click it.