This is what the new driver did to me. Blue squares on the terrain.
I also CTD 100% of the time when loading/spawning, or shortly after take off. Safe Mode ON.
Have you tried a DDU reinstall for that yet ? I had those issue when I installed the patch fix for the last driver update. I had to go back to a clean install to get rid of it.
With Windows 10 and DX11, I had one CTD immediately after updating to 497.09. I restarted FS, and then flew for a little over 5 hours with no problems. Frame rates appeared to be unchanged (55-60).
Yeah xboxers…that’s why your PC ■■■■■ itself hot when you run this …“xboxed” sim… Just. Come on…
Updated Open Issues in version 497.09
- [Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition]: After attempting to change resolutions, the resolution does not change and the game falls out of IFlip mode.  To apply the new resolution, press Alt+Tab.
- [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. 
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
- In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. 
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel.  To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. 
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop.  Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. 
- [DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may crash to desktop during gameplay 
- [DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may intermittently display purple artifacts on the ground textures 
FYI and workaround.
Nvidia Hotfix Driver 496.98 works without any problems.
I have flown all afternoon on 497.09 and not a single CTD.Running an RTX 2060super win10 clean drivers installed but GForce Experience not installed.
MSFS2020 is the most volatile piece of software I’ve ever had on my PC
Even the loading screens seem to take for ever & my PC ssd/32gb/i9 etc whizzes through every other life of software
Hey ladies and gents, this is a special moment for me…I just installed the 497.09 driver…
I started the sim, DX11 mode, picked Cessna 172sp for a spawn at my local airfield, pressed FLY - and soon after during the loading screen my simulator crashed for the first time in my life…since I have MSFS since October 2020.
Oh well…another one bites the dust…my Perfectly Stable Sim-Simmers race is almost extinct…
It just exits…no, it cleanly and silently disappears. Without a trace. As if nothing happened. Not even a sound, not a single leftover process, nothing…I even caught myself in a dilemma “did I really start the sim, or was it all just a mirage, a fairytale, a flashback sort of thing…”…
It’s not a CTD - it’s DTD (Disappearance To Desktop) !
What an experience…
I switched to DX12 and it works excellent now woow - but the latency thing drives me crazy, you know…it’s not the classic stuttering.
It feels as if sometimes your mouse accelerates when you move your viewpoint. For example, you wanna take a look at your 2 o’clock, then suddenly you end up looking out of your own ■■■…kinda thing…
What do you think is the best way forward at least for this evening?
Anyone know of any tricks to alleviate the existing DX12 issues?
Windows 10 Pro x64
21H2 + latest WUS update applied as of 12-02-2021
DDR4 64GB 4200MT/s
Ejecutándose en Windows 11 con una instalación limpia y simplemente obteniendo CTD. Ver manchas azules apareciendo alrededor del suelo.
DX11: Can’t even load in a flight, CTD while loading
DX12: Works no CTD
Looks like these issues have been logged over at nVidia.
[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may crash to desktop during gameplay 
[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may intermittently display purple artifacts on the ground textures 
I recommend that you fill out their feedback form to let them know how widespread these issues are.
Hi all, first post here as I’ve only had the game for a few days. The game has had no additions, it is plain vanilla, the only changes have been control mapping.
The first two days, everything worked fine. The third day I updated to 497.09 and the problems started. Initially I could get to the runway and then it CTD when I tried to look around in the cockpit. Subsequently, I couldn’t get past loading screens and it never fully launched. I downloaded an earlier driver and it has worked fine since then.
GTX1660, Windows 11, Direct X 11. I have voted in the poll.
Me as well
CTDs (never had them before) and blue squares in scenery for me too so rolled back to previous driver version and voted as above.Use a 1060 6gb card.
DX11, RTX 2070. I see blue patches on the ground in every flight, but so far no CTD. Last flight took 3 hours and I saw blue patches since first minutes. When I turned the camera view away from patches and then looking at the same place, sometimes blue patches dissapeared.
How meaningful can this poll be without knowing what Gen GPU a user is running?
Blue squares just like mine
Dx11 instant CTD
Dx12 bad performance with lots of stuttering but no ctd
I returned to old drivers. An hour lost to solve the problem.