[Polls] World Update XI: Canada Discussion

To fight my own dyslexia remembering the ICAO code of Bonaventure, I used to call it “VonaBenture” :wink:

1 Like

Here’s vid from CYYJ southward to the city and back. Map’s at the beginning. Longish, but you can fast-forward through it and get the idea. I fly around there a lot and these aberrations were not evident before the update.

1 Like

Thats great news to hear about Fsimsudios, great Dev. I reached out to them and mentioned a possible Vancouver metro scenery. no reply back on that yet but they are working to get the CYTZ xbox version out to marketplace that includes the CN tower and downtown buildings. which is a relief as an xbox user with not many options to fix Toronto. It would be amazing to see Vancouver get a major upgrade for it is a beautiful city and its sad to see it in its current state

2 Likes

Nice. I’ll keep that in mind. I KNOW what it’s supposed to be, but my fingers always want to type the letter backwards. Saying it that way may help me as well. lol

It’s unlikely those addons will affect photogrammetry. It’s more likely to be one of two things: either the PG has not downloaded the highest LOD version yet, or it’s the highest available already.

1 Like

Credit River, just south of CYYZ (Toronto Pearson) has been extremely elevated in MSFS since forever. It’s been reported before, but since the team is asking for places with issues, here it is again.

2 Likes

Vancouver over Stanley Park approaching the bridge to West Vancouver.
Problems looks like spikes when you pass the spike the other side looks like trees?
Here are the pictures for correction when you fix Vancouver.

The spikes coming out of the ground near the bridge.

On the other side it looks like trees.

1 Like

This WU has a great impact on performance here over photogrammetry. It seems that performance degrades similar to a memory leak…

I also experience connection instability with the server.

DX11 and DX12

So, after days of talking - whats the solution? Or is this considered as “final”?

Solution to what? What do you refer to specifically?

Taking into account that the London photogrammetry is still in the same shape as on release of the UK update almost two years later, even though Jörg Neumann admitted in a Q&A that it wasn’t great and they would need to go back to that, I’d say: yeah, this is considered final.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reassurance these issues are being worked on.

Should we be posting the screenshots and bug reports here or submitting them as a zendesk ticket (or both)?

Flight Simulator 2020 or Minecraft :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?

This is just southwest of CBX7 (Tumbler Ridge), on the Canadian Rockies Bush trip.
Reminiscent of Microprose Falcon 4.0 :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Nothing is ever final… they fix it, they break it and so the cycle goes.

As far as wu11 is concerned, yank out the WU11 PG folder (fs-base-coverage-map-canada-tin) from the Official folder… and the ugly photogrammetry won’t be “called”. Things will look much better if you remove that folder/contents.

There are still lots of terrain issues all over the place to be fixed but the visuals are much better with WU11 PG removed. And I guess, we leave it thlings like that until such time something is done by Asobo/microsoft to fix the terrain issues and PG.
And we wait… (but don’t hold your breath!)

Thanks to all the freeware 3rd party devs that are building content to fix some of the issues!

2 Likes

What do you propose they do to fix the PG?

What about Canada’s Wonderland? The biggest amusement park in Canada and located in Toronto.

The Mississauga/Credit River Terrain Bug need to be fixed, it’s been a problem since the sim’s release and it was ignored in the world update;

Toronto Elevation Bug - Bug Reports / Scenery and Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Also the photogrammetry needs to extend further to cover all of Toronto, not just downtown.
For example; Yonge/Eglinton and Yonge/Sheppard, which are skyscrapers in real life are just tiny little autogen buildings in the sim.

1 Like

You dont even have to do that.

Go to your content manager - canada -three dots on the right - de-select the pg option

Montreal looks post-apocalyptic up close. All the buildings look muddy and dilapidated. I flew around it a lot prior to the update and the buildings were colourful and realistic looking… it’s a big downgrade now.

I know this is not a canada only issue though. Fly close up to the buildings in New York City, they’re just as bad now too.

With my work schedule, I just got back up and running after SU10 Beta wiped my install clean. I had been looking fwd to this WU being Canadian, and flying mostly in Canada. Thank-You to all contributing to this thread. I won’t be installing WU11. What a shame!! I’m already running near maxed addon count msfs can handle. Too much flightsimto fixing to be done.