PowerSTOL for FS2020 now with Floats

You may have missed my reply the other day as I certainly can get very high without issues and without icing!

Thanks, must have been icing indeed. I also started a flight in SLLP and got up to 20,500 feet. Patience is certainly a virtue!
I then went back to SKMZ where I tried to get onto the hills west of Manzinales Colombia, put the weather to clear and got up there just fine, beautiful scenery up there btw. So I guess I may need to switch Icing Effect to visual only in the settings if I want to fly in mountains because it’s so much fun to fly this in clouds between mountains and although not realistic I don’t want icing to spoil the fun when it comes to this bird.

I then found out that I was still having issues in cloudy weather but I didn’t want to point the finger at anyone without further testing so yesterday I was taking a flight from Copenhagen using the Mooney, heading south to Greece for an onair mission and found myself dropping out of the sky packed with ice. I knew this was not right as I had disabled icing so after some digging I indeed learned that ‘visual only’ isn’t working properly currently. Definitely not an issue with the PowerSolo.

1 Like

Ahh sry and thank you :slight_smile:

I love this little aircraft. So much fun, easy to fly, and great for sight-seeing.
It is the best value for money plane I have purchased up to now, due to the quality and the amount of time I have already flown it. It is so different from anything else.

Thanks for fixing the camera views in your last update!

Do you have plans for any other projects?

1 Like

Hallo,
Im really glad you like it, thank you. I have lot of projects in my head, but need to slow down for a moment, and spend some time with my wife and kids :slight_smile: I was working for last five months on projects to FS2020. Did also two scenery enhancements Radio transmitters of CZ and Germany

and have many other transmitters across Europe prepared, but have no time to finish it. Id also like to start with new aircraft, but not sure which. For sure some propeller, but… time will show.

1 Like

Visited some nice places today:

5 Likes

Short landing clip in the Powersolo in PNW, using FSPlayground for replay.

3 Likes

Good stuff! I flew this all over Alaska this morning. Please keep up the good work!

1 Like

Testing rain effects, will be part of next update.

8 Likes

Oh wow, keep those little details coming.
I really love the green livery.
It’s a joy to fly this plane and try to land by all the star landmarks :slightly_smiling_face:

Again, keep up the good work

1 Like

Just reworked suspension, it is not fixed anymore, now reacts to load and bumps. Created also brake details, new disc brakes instead of simple black disc

8 Likes

Any plans for 3D gauges eventually ?

Hallo, not sure what you mean, gauges are 3D, I can show you models for it

2 Likes

So they are.

My bad. They just look flat in photos from the pilot position.

I have this on my list of aircraft to buy.

Hallo,

no problem, yes they may look flat from pilot view when you are directly infront of them. In VR it is bit more visible. Thank you for interest in my product

Best regards
Jan

I bought it and … I’m totally surprised how good it is! Great, fun, balanced little plane. It immediately became one of my favorites :slight_smile: Thank you Jan and I look forward to further development.

1 Like

Hallo,

thank you, great to hear that :slight_smile: My plans now are to finish some minor enhancements on model. I still have new and new ideas.

Video with some planned news (you already have 1.31), so 1.32 part is interesting for you.

Best regards
Jan

6 Likes

I am following your work on this. Have not purchased yet because it could be enhanced if we saw the pilot’s body when looking down. There are mods beginning to add this in default aircraft. Is this something you are planning? It would make a nice difference in my personal opinion. A future project suggestion in the ultralights would be the Quad City Challenger 2. A company I owned many years ago did it for FS98. Keep up the good work.

stop waiting and buy it. this is a great plane.

1 Like

Hallo,
thank you for your interest. I personally dont like pilot in cockpit view and its somehow simulator standard, but it is not too difficult to cut pilots head and let the rest of body, so you will se the rest of it. But, it has some “cons” also. Therefore I dont plan it now, im sorry, there are more urgent points in my list. Im also not sure if most of peole would like it. It may look strange to have no legs, but you can see down better, thanks to that and also have animated control levers and pedals.
Thank you for tip for another aircraft, it seems interesting. I have more objects in my focus and I will add this one to my selection group.
Best regards
Jan

1 Like

Hello Jan

Thank you for taking the time to read my request, and to graciously reply. I do understand that it is personal preference, and that many people enjoy the view. For me, when I flew ultralights in real life, My body did not obscure the view. I guess I am somewhat attached to it… lol. No problem, keep up your good work and a mindful eye on your priorities.

Regards
Kenneth

2 Likes