[PSA] XPForce force-feedback will be coming to FS2020!

Hi @jimkeir,
just some feedback to the Beta 1.0.9781 XPForce.
Today I wonder what vibrations my Logitech Force 3D Pro does on take off with the DA40 TDI.
On air, after up the flaps I know the source, the new speed brake force of this beta cause the vibrations. The vibrations are ok, but they did not vary with the speed :frowning: on take off there should be none and I guess the vibrations is a little high for normal flaps.
Just my 2 cents and keep the good work going.

Thanks - this kind of feedback is always most useful!

Speed-brake vibrations have long since been in there, it’s the flap-down addition to that that’s new. They do vary with speed but I think they - and control surface force as well - ramp up too fast. I have short-term plans to make the ramp visible, configurable and more flexible. Until then, bear with me - I’ll upload a slightly tweaked version of the beta this evening (the version number on the beta page will change to something north of 1.0.9781) which exaggerates the existing, internal curves as an interim measure.

In the meantime, also remember that everything is adjustable, you can turn down vibrations strength if you wish.

Hi. You say: In the meantime, also remember that everything is adjustable, you can turn down vibrations strength if you wish.

But i think it is not on the Deluxe Aircrafts? For another test, i put all sliders to the left, but the stick of my FFB 2 is hard to move, even in parking position on the ground. But Speedbrake and Gear is now working… Thanks!

Bear with me a few days, I’m checking something out. I don’t think there’s anything else specific to the deluxe aircraft though.

Hi @jimkeir merry Christmas too you and your family and friends.
Today I tried the Icon with the Beta 1.0.9781.
I didn’t get any gear feedback even if I set the slider all too the right. Would be nice to have some more internal numbers as feedback as you mentioned. Also the Speed Brake turbulence slider must be set very low, for my personal feeling, so it was hard to change it even lower without setting it to zero (SpeedBrakeTurbGain=250)
Hope too see your next Beta early next year :slight_smile:
Wish you a happy 2021 and stay healthy.

Hi,

I purchased XPforce for fs2020, I enjoy it, I spread news about XPforce.
I have 1 suggestion that could solve 1000 of problems:

1. Allow curves so everyone can solve his own problems with not enough force, too fast ramping, too slow ramping, etc. You will never satisy everyones taste let us adjust things to our likings.

→ for example: Not everything is adjustable now - stick shaker (for stall) is stronger than anything else including crashing into building - its too strong for me but I can’t adjust it so I had it turned off - I would really like to have slider for it but final solution would be curve. -put “default” button if you afraid of user messing things up but we are adults :slight_smile:

PS.
I want to report 1 problem:
I also noticed that gear bump when landing is extremely weak for some airplanes (cessna 152 172) if you touch ground with rear wheels. As soon as you let nose to touch ground front wheel bumps are 10x stronger, even wheel shimmy is stronger than just rear wheels touching and rolling on the ground.

PS2 I posted small video on FS2020 force feedback:

1 Like

Yes, I would agree with that too. As XPForce develops, I think it will only get better too.

Ground haptics are currently a weaker area in my view. When moving on the ground, it still feels quite dead through the stick. When one of my precision landings greases on to the runway, I don’t feel the bone jarring crunch as the oleos smash through the upper surface of the wing.

Thanks @jimkeir for the January 9th update. General feeling of the turbulence is better, but without detailed description what you changed I can only give vague feedback.
Found in this and the beta before the usage of you ‘alternate trim’ system behave strange and disable it on every plane I tested. Often got problems with alternate trim enable and use of autopilot or trim goes to extremes position to get levelled flight. Don’t know if it broke, or other user have similar experience but for me the feature is not worth your additional efforts.
I also would like to get a wider access of internals of XPForce to tweak it even more, esp. the landing gear bumping on the runway is a little weak in my personal opinion.
At all keep the very good work goin, without you XPForce I wouldn’t use MSFS at all, so wait for the next version.

Good morning all,
With an FFB2, what settings did you choose?
thank you,

Unfortunately January 9th update has two big problems for me:

1. Wheel vibration - All motors of my SWFF2 just emit high pitch buzzing sound unless I set wheel vibration to 0. Previously it was fine. I guess you increased frequency too high?

2. Frequently crashes (previous version NEVER crashed)

PS. I guess wind force might be very hard to add for whatever reason. Even if I set wind gusts to max I never feel it even if aircraft is literally tossed by wind. All other force currently ork great for me (except wheel vibration in Jan9th beta)

@jimkeir It would be interesting to have access to the settings without having to run the simulation.

Force feedback support vote here gentl.

it’s been done for a long time

Hi @ttthhh123, with my Logitech Force 3D Pro I didn’t have this high pitch sound.
Seems to be a hardware specific problem?
Didn’t have used MSFS often in the last days, so can’t say anything to crashes.
Wind guest I’m also not Shure if they work didn’t have tested enough :frowning:

Hi thank you for posting and responding.

I tried this to fix buzzing sound:

1. Uninstalled XPforce.
    1. Installed official version – no buzzing sound, Wheel vibration as it used to be
    1. Previous BETA, everything fine
    1. January9 beta – Wheel vibration evel low setting makes motor to go crazy. Seems like frequency of vibration is sky-high.

I hav backup Sidewinder FF2 and it’s the same. Sure these are old joysticks but something tells me that ist latest BETA seetings.

Is there ANY way for ( editable text file, anything to adjust internals for XPforce)?

THANKs!

I noticed this with the most recent beta as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

The main change here is to fix a state where FS2020 could reset the spring effect which is supposed to be off in almost all circumstances. This would have been damping down or totally blocking almost all the directional effects, leaving only the “fake” effects of wheel rumble etc.

There are a couple of experimental things in there as well, most notably the pause/menu detection. The data provided by FS2020 for this is completely broken so I’ve added a workaround.

Wheel rolling vibrations - this was actually a data conversion fix rather than specifically increasing the frequency but I agree, it’s not right and will be reduced.

Crashes - obviously there should be none! Please PM me if you see this so I can get more details and a crash dump that will tell me exactly what’s going wrong.

ttthhh123 - I agree, curves would be great and will get in there at some point.

Hi all, another beta update on the same link as usual. This one has improvements for in-air turbulence, gear vibration and gear up/down bumps. I think this will be moved over to a proper release one in the next few days but if you want to check it out first, it’s on the Beta tab of the normal download page.

2 Likes

Thanks for this news. I just downloaded and I installed “on top” I am in version 1.0.9820; Correct ??

Yes, always just install over the top, there’s no need to remove anything. 9820 looks right.