Force feedback support

My SideWinder Force Feedback 2 joystick get detected but with no control pre-set and ask me to create custom control layout myself . I could not do that myself. Could Microsoft please include the missing control pre-set in their forthcoming update, to stop me and others like me for asking for a refund.

regards and best wishes

So to be clear:
You have to manually set your joystick and therefore demand a refund?

5 Likes

Dude… how entitled can you be.

1. it’s a stick that is old enough to drive. You can’t expect spotless support for such an ancient device. The fact that it IS detected alone is a miracle.

2. it’s civ sim. You have to bind the flight axes and maybe the view pov button if you don’t have trackir. The rest is up to taste. I have a Virpil T50CM2. It has 35 buttons. I’ve bound what I needed by hand. Took me maybe 5 minutes. Maybe.

3. if you fly a sim, you’re expected to bind the buttons to your liking.

You really set the example for some of the entitled people out here. I’m trying really hard to not be mean and use all my politeness with you, but you’re really pushing it. Aren’t you ashamed?

6 Likes

Why you must be so rude ? ok thats your opinion about an ancient stick as you say , can you name another one ancient stick that lasts for so long? can you name another new stick that has the force feedback effect? do you know what he is talking about anyway or the feeling that this stick gives you when you are flying?
I’m just asking.

2 Likes

I’m slightly mean because there’s probably multiple teams that have worked day and night, blood and sweat over this game, and then there’s people that want a refund because they don’t want to bind their stick. If everyone was like this guy, these devs wouldn’t have a job.

If you want to play a simulator you bind your stick. That’s kind of a starting point here…

1 Like

I think there are probably issues both with the ask and the replies…just ask without the sense of entitlement and I’m sure MS / someone will come up a profile to support their own device (regardless of how ancient it is).

The other hope is that FF becomes supported again, and we finally see a crop of new devices…

2 Likes

I’ve tried searching, and cannot find another post, so please forgive me if this is duplicated and smite this post.

FORCE FEEDBACK!!! Not only would it be great to feel the effect of the local winds on my aircraft, but it also would be lovely to feel the aircraft in my hands. I know this has been requested before, just not upvoted. Please let us know how popular this would be as a request! Thank you.

#forcefeedback #ffs brunner #iris #wingman3d

1 Like

See Russel Dirk’s site, fsforce. Coming soon.

6 Likes

Not nearly soon enough! This patience thing is over rated…hurry up SDK! :laughing:

4 Likes

Really need Force Feedback support for those of us who still have the legendary Sidewinder Joysticks.

Spring loaded joysticks, no matter how many buttons, switches or flashy lights they have will never compare to getting force feedback so you can properly trim your aircraft.

26 Likes

FFB would be a natural for FS2020 - it should be there as standard. Bought XPForce works very well.

3 Likes

@ RegretfulMouse2

I have also bought XPforce, but FFB do not works on FS2020.

How did you managed to make it work with FS2020 ?

3 Likes

Please add force feedback in for supported peripherals - it would add an enormous amount of immersion back in.

Even better yet, release FF hardware and profiles!

6 Likes

I would think the hardware itself would need to support this, and right now I’m not sure anything does…

There is FF hardware out there, and it runs beautifully in other sims like P3D! Shame it isn’t yet supported in FS…

1 Like

What’s one example?

Brunner comes to mind. There’s also one by Flight Illusion. All of which are wayyy out of my price range, but, one can dream.

I agree…theres nothing like wrestling an aircraft to the ground.

I’m using my Logitech G940 FCS but there’s a few other old gems out there if you’re on a budget. Brunner is the RR

1 Like

Hi @ResurgentCord18, Since there is a similar topic, going to merge this one with the other. That way all the votes are in 1 place. Thanks for understanding.