[RELEASE] Replayable Live Events (Landing Challenges, Discovery Flights, Iconic Flights)

A collection of replayable live events from early in the sim’s life. They have been adding them back to the game as regular challenges which can be replayed at any time. Basically, this is semi-official content.

As of July 28th, 2021, this package is no longer being updated.

My threshold for preserving a live event is as follows:

1: Does the activity take place in a unique location from other activities?
2: If not, is the aircraft different from an existing activity in this location?
3: If not, is the weather different enough from the existing activity to change the experience?

Below are a few examples of live events which met those criteria. The first was the live event from the game’s launch:

The second was the Japan discovery flight. I originally added these as Bush Trips, however since Sim Update 5 released, they have been changed in to a proper Discovery Flight type of event:

The third is the Halloween landing challenge:

Full list of events currently included, as of July 28th, 2021:

Launch Landing Challenge
Japan Discovery Flight
Halloween Landing Challenge
US East Coast Discovery Flight
Paris-Charles De Gaulle Landing Challenge
UK Orkney Islands Iconic Flight
Chagual Landing Challenge
Notre Dame de La Salette Landing Challenge
Sirena Station Landing Challenge

You can find a download link below. Put these in your Community folder to install them:

44 Likes

Sounds like a great idea.

I’m very interested in these events. Can you mail it?
Thanks.

Sure! I have updated the original post with the download link.

1 Like

Updated download link. Includes a fix for the US East Coast tour (was conflicting with the current live event, whoops) and a replayable version of the current A320 landing challenge in the Strong Wind category. Delete the existing US East Coast Tour community folder package if you have it, replace it with the new one.

That’s definitely a great idea, I flew the Jackson landing only once and I kind of want to try it again

The Jackson one is not included, as it was nearly a copy/paste of the original landing challenge included with the game, but set at a different time of day and with minor weather differences that don’t change the experience. These are the activities I will aim to include:

1: Does the activity take place in a unique location from other activities?
2: If not, is the aircraft different from an existing activity in this location?
3: If not, is the weather different enough from the existing activity to change the experience?

For reference, this pack so far includes every challenge except Jackson and Nice.

1 Like

Updated download link in the original post. Now includes the current UK Orkney Islands Iconic Flight live event, added as a bush trip.

Are the other discovery flights available as well? Why did they take them out? (I never had a chance to fly them and would like to)

Yep, check my original post. I have a list near the bottom of each activity included. The Japan, US, and now the UK flights are all included.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thank you so much for doing this! :+1:

Awesome! I’ve been looking for these and was sad when MS/Asobo pulls them out completely after updates. I was trying to explain the US flight to a friend but they couldn’t come over and fly it in time. Thanks!

Download updated to include the Chagual Landing Challenge from the latest update. Added as an Epic landing challenge.

1 Like

Newbe here. Please be kind :grinning:
I’m disappointed to see the iconic flights are gone.
I’ve downloaded the folder referenced and located my Community folder.
Now what?

Just put the folders contained within the zip file into your community folder. You’ll see them with the rest of the original activities.

Got it. Thanks

thanks for doing this mate, I don’t always have time to complete these events while they are up. glad you are keeping them! thanks for the effort!

This is great! I was never able to complete the Westray to Papa Westray event, and was trying to think of a way I could ‘recover’ the event. Thanks for doing this!

Hello! Nice work, thank you!!!

This kind of solves my whishlist topic: