Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

The software loads fine here and the flight too. The problem is that almost always when approaching an airport it will crash

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x00000000009dd838
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x3e58
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d78af1a67a11d8
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID segnalazione: c5884b84-665c-4805-ab1b-e553aee70cfa
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: App

Continuing my 8 months of trying to fix CTD, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole shebang, again. It seems the world updates, including the original US one in Dec 20 when the problems started are now an optional extra download.
And guess what, my sim seems to be working without them.
Not celebrating yet because there is another issue to resolve, but is it possible the updates are the cause of the problems and has anyone else recently tried to reinstall from scratch? And are the later updates less problem than the earlier ones? I am not game to try for now. Will just see if I can still keep my Cessna in the air

Just downloaded the latest Hotfix - still crashing to desktop when clicking “Fly” or clicking and trying to load a flight plan.

Other simmers and I are forced to wait for a fix until August 24th.

1st world problems, but c’mon, please help us! lol!

2 Likes

Same here, but this hotfix is meant to fix only minor stuff rather than CTDs, hopefully the update on 24 August won’t disappoint,

1 Like

deleted due to my inability to read the roadmap correctly.

WU6 supposedly will be released on 24 August;

The fixes for the crashes are supposed to be included in this WU6: Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

Where did you get the 24th date from?

It’s in the roadmap.

Ah, thanx :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like that my CTD’s are solved in the 1.18.15 version.
I updated the game this morning and have no CTD’s when i’m loading big airports like Heathrow and Sydney.
Before this update I cannot load Heathrow and other big airports with standard and FBW A32NX airplanes.

I’m using rog-strix-rtx2080s-o8g-gaming it came in already overclock.
https://rog.asus.com/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rtx2080s-o8g-gaming-model/spec

Weird, as i have not had a CTD since April, literally been counting the months.

Now after yesterdays hotfix I have had over 10 ctd’s now, mostly when landing, or exiting a flight.

Still have the CTD’s after latest update?

• Temps are ok?
  • No other GPU utilizing apps running?

I leave everything to default settings in regards to nvidia settings (also not using the optimize in experience).

I had one CTD which involved another app running at the same time as MSFS. Something i develop myself but started to put assets on the screen in an infinite loop and both apps crashed (running two screens so it was rendering simultaneously). Had no CTD’s after fixing my error (except loading flightplans exported by little navmap once in a while).

P.S. I’m:

• Not running any community mods,
  • No changes to cfg files,
  • limited running at 30FPS
  • RTX 2060 (6 GB), 32 GB ram, AMD 5900X

Since last world update V, while I’m playing after 5-10 minutes running the FS my PC crash to desktop without error message for no reason. It does not happens before last update!!!

1 Like

I have a similar issue, everythink is ok, but when Im flying to my destiny an 70-80 miles from sudenly my flight simulator chash, so I just can takeoff but never landing, I jop the next update can fix this, has been a one year sinse I get this game and I steel geting troubles to fly correctly for god sake, FIX IT

It’s a similar story on Xbox. Since latest update crashes have been more of a problem on 1.18.15.0
So much for a “Hotfix” how is this not tested / found before releasing.

I think they said this Hotfix 2 would not resolve CTD , this will came later this month.

Even if that’s the case, how has it now got worse with v1.18.15.0 than 1.18.14.0

After much frustration i have found a fix that actually makes the game playable for me, it always CTD at the world map in certain places (i.e. alaska by seward), i started playing around with my settings and found that simply turning my graphic settings down to High-End made the game stop crashing entirely for me, i have had 5 hours crash free and counting. Just to play devils advocate i changed back to ultra and it immediately crashed again. Hope this helps at least one person.

2 Likes