Saitek Flight Panels

If you are using AxisAndOhs, it seems to only work on planes with a single avionics bus. Same thing for the batt master switch, and a few others. Since I can’t configure Axis (it crashes when I try), I’m using DCS Flight Panels for now. Spent an hour configuring and set up all switches so they work on all planes.

Kind of a cheat, but I set the start switch to input the keyboard shortcut for starting the engines, which does so no matter what might be missing from the checklist. Just don’t want to keep clicking with the mouse in the cockpit anymore, and I rarely fly the airliners anyway.

That said, Axis should be configurable. Click on Tools -> Saitek Panel Config -> Events.

Not sure if this is the right place -= but im having trouble getting the Axis and Ohs web panels to work across my local network - my windows firewall is blocking it (works if i disable it).

Does anybody know how to change rules on Windows 10 firewall to allows Accross and Ohs to work across my LAN?

Thank you

Probably your modem blocks it too, you have to Port forward it to open ports.
How to do it depends on your type of modem, just google it and you’re good to go…

There’s no need to port forward unless the request is coming from outside of the LAN as its a direct local ip address.

When i disable windows firewall it works (which im doing now as a workaround) - but adding the app as an exception to the windows firewall doesnt work.

Thank for advice though

1 Like

If you need help with AxisAndOhs, head over to this thread .

The developer of the program is very helpful and replies there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been following this thread since the beginning. Forgive me if this reply gets long-winded. Essentially, I suffered from the simconnect stutters the same as everyone else. After the patch, the performance is much improved. My problems, however, are confusing to me. On fsx, I used the old version of spad, and all 4 of my panels plus a single FIP worked flawlessly. On MSFS, with essentially the same setup (except a new PC lol) I’ve struggled to get my panels working. Most notably, the switch panel. My multi and radio seem to work reasonably well. My switch panel worked with spad next for a few minutes then stopped working. All usb power saving options are turned off. The panels are on a powered hub that was previously able to handle all panels. The switch panel was intermittent at best in spad next, so I tried Lorby’s program. Same issues as with spad next. I’ve tried different usb ports, both on the pc itself and the hub. Now, the switch panel shows up in the device manager as unknown, and says ‘device descriptor failed’??? I’ve attempted a few fixes found online, but nothing seems to work. As I said, my multi and radio panel work fine. I’m stumped, tbh. Anyone that can shed light on why the switch panel simply won’t work suddenly? Or any other possible troubleshooting options?

That’s your problem.

The Saitek/Logitech panels have a tendency to go to sleep, due to Enchanced Power Management features. There is a program specifically for doing this, and it must be re-run if you move any of those panels to a different port. SPAD should also do this for you, detecting that they have it enabled, and disabling it for you.

Thank you! What is the program you are referring to?

Try this:

Thanks, AlienQ. Unfortunately, that didn’t help. But I do appreciate it. I also have a ticket in with spad next, but i’m really stumped on this one. It works if I unplug/plug it back in, but only for a little while. I am almost wondering if it has something to do with the LED’s for the gear. It works fine in the spad test panel until I hit the ‘test’ button that lights up the LED’s, then it locks up instantly.

2 Likes

This video will show you how to fix the power management in the registry. But like said above if you change usb ports you’ll have to do it again.

1. Follow the video
  2. Restart computer
  3. Start MSFS and get in a plane
  4. Fire up sapdnext or lorby’s
    Should be working.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQDl-AvREZA

Can you show us a screenshot where you have ran that program, and it has confirmed that it has applied the relevant changes? There is no harm in running it a second time.

1 Like

Felix,

what I do before starting anything (SPAD or MFS) is I open control panel / hardware sound / devices and printers. I make sure all my panels are actively showing in devices. If not I unplug the USB and plug it back in (the same usb port). It should then show up. Once they all show up I then start Spadnext and the MFS2020. If they do not show in devices first, they will not show up in Spadnext. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

This update has saved me!!! Thank you so much MSFS2020 for fixing the SIMCONNECT issue. Frame rates are back to normal when using SPADNEXT!!! I can now use all my SAITEK Panels with no frame rate issues!!! One happy customer here!

2 Likes

Hi, can you help me get the Multi-Panel working? I have no idea which profile would work.
Thanks!

There are a number of third party apps [read this thread] out there.
However it seems Saitek will be releasing an update to their drivers which you may find easier to use because they should not require any profiling or programming.

I’m using Spad.Next but so far it doesn’t work.

Also make sure that program/script that changes the power management is ran as an administrator, if you have not done so.

1 Like

I have. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, it continues to say ‘driver error’ after every restart

It’s unfortunate, I had the same problem today and ran it, it worked.

Very sorry you have issues.

1 Like