Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

I wrote to Phil Spencer approx 6-9 montths before msfs launched on xbox advising him that we are looking for decent peripherals for the sim but at the launch all we got was hotas one and hori with t flight pedals! I think xplane must be laughing about the state of their competitor’s sim! Jorg should do a no holds barred live stream with Seb answering live questions from simmers!
Yes the graphics are great but the sim and UI are awful! Also complete silence about how to import from simbrief or interface with a decent moving map despite Jane’s question during a dev q & a. Also why no decent book/manual with comprehensive instructions! They prefer to make us stare at hundreds of you tube vıdeos hoping to remember what has been said!

4 Likes

Yes, this is also how i do it. Works 90% of the time, but yesterday two times in a row the diamnonds didn’t come up. The third time all was good. Maybe i had just bad luck. Thx for your reply.

I think i did something wrong or set not corret in the FMC :sweat_smile:

to add to the problems a minor one. does anyone else find quick resume doesn`t work after you turn off your xbox?

Although it’s very annoying, but i don’t touch the constraints button at this time. Better that then a total freeze…

2 Likes

With the sim in this state, please don’t use Quick Resume. It’s asking for more troubles.

If traffic is turned off completely, in flight, it has been fine, no crashes. Unfortunately it feels empty like that but I’ll just have to wait for a fix.

Real world traffic is a no no for me. Worked fine in SU8 which is annoying.

Not seen any improvements in the World Map since the update was launched.

1 Like

Well said mate it’s a Disgrace spend hard earned money to be treated like this.

3 Likes

You tell the same thing i am passing through, i too have the Xbox Series X version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and since the SU9 1.25.7.0 update the game is practically unplayable

1 Like

Look at me, spent 50 euros on Standards Edition and 119 on Premium Deluxe Edition to be prevented from use them because these MANY ISSUES, BUGS, CTD…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Sim update 9 has destroyed the game!!!

roger that, although i dont seem to have much choice

1 Like

A tad condescending there I think.

People have a right to be vexed with something that was working one day, then an update kills it, its not “whining” its expressing a feeling of being totally pi$$ed off.

Your’e happy with your turned down, crippled flight sim, thats great I’m very happy for you, however others are not. Nobody forces you to read the posts, let alone comment on them, go fly :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What’s crippled about it…? It’s working, I’m flying, I can still do what it’s meant for…“Flying”. Just don’t have any extras. So what…!

I may be condescending but I read to stay informed and educate myself of what’s going on and stay in the loop. Yes one is free to comment , of course, but its so repetitive to read. I think people gripe just to hear themselves. lol …or…is it gamer mentality I dunno.

Sometimes you just have to consider the source I guess.

I hear what y,ou’re saying, though my own view is that I do think that customers who have paid out a lot of money for hardware and software have the right to expect much better quality of service, to be honest. If you’re entirely happy to fly with everything turned down( after a lot of tinkering and getting rid of some third party add-one I can do the same) then that’s fine. But I think that when you can see for yourself the scale of the problems SU9 has caused to Xbox users , well I’m not entirelysurprised to see a lot of anger and disappointment. And actually the devs should read some of these posts so they can understand for themselves the impact of releasing an update that hasn’t been properly tested on an MS product that is going to be key to MSFS development. This isn’t a minor mistake that has been made - the word I’d choose myself is “debacle”. Explains absolutely why people are getting quite emotional. Reputational damage to MS and Asobo from this could be fatal to the future of MSFS if nothing is done - and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration on my part in such a competitive market place for software and gaming consoles.

4 Likes

I don’t think people would be complaining so much if the sim was freeware, but when you pay for a set of features that are not delivered, the complaints are legitimate. And the publisher’s silence over what seems to be a widespread screw-up adds to the frustration. I have been lucky to experience none of the issues reported here on Xbox since su9 (plus, i access the sim via gamepass) but I can totally sympathize with the users who paid for features they can’t use.

7 Likes

Nope it happens to me as well. Diamonds don’t show up whatever I do, even if I ask the atc for a new runway or change in the plane/ it’s a bug.

1 Like

Complaints are of course legitimate and as I experience all the issues myself, I can certainly understand how frustrating it all is. The more you love a game, the more frustrated you become when it doesn’t work as intended. I just hope people don’t get carried away too much. No matter how disappointing the experience can get, let’s keep it civil so that the proper feedback can actually go through. :+1:

4 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/finally-able-to-play-without-ctd-on-xbox-actually/514320/6

Maybe that can help someone, that what I did and I’m able to fly in correct not perfect but correct conditions now

I feel for those that are having a poor performance right after SU9 but I am one of those that is running SU9 without many issues and haven’t had a CTD, light flickering, or stutter and I am on an XBOX S. I think saying this is broken, Microsobo doesn’t care and so on is way exaggerated even if you are having the issues you are having right now. One think I bear in mind is that XBOX X machines are used for the XCloud Gamepass and to even think that MSFS doesn’t care about us or even PC folks in my view doesn’t make much sense. They are not communicating well, they haven’t learnt maybe the lessons on having a proper BETA but have still given us an amazing SIM that as moved this far and I am sure you will all soon be enjoying once the issues are sorted. I don’t think something so complicated has ever been done in gaming and I just think we should give them some slack that’s all. Wishing you all get back the MSFS that we all love. For what it might help I share simple things I do that you might also try. I never start a flight without quitting the SIM and restarting XBOX and use very limited Add-on. All I have is 2 airports, Kodiak and EMB110, runways enhanced the ships add-on and that’s about it. I do leave live weather and traffic ON and cache is at 16.

I agree, but it’s the principle of it. We have to make all these allowances, concessions, and workarounds for something that should be working properly. I don’t think I can name another piece of software that you have to do the same thing. I will give credit that the graphics are breathtaking, but come on guys…when we’re going one step forward and two back, the developers really need to pump the brakes and look at things.

2 Likes