Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Like another poster said, you run the cloud game on another device. I use my iPad and it actually works really well. You can use your Xbox controller , just pair it with your iPad or device with Bluetooth.
You need to download Xbox cloud app and setup your profile, then away you fly

I hope they fix the constant turbulence ! It’s annoying as (you know what). I don’t want to use MSFS because of it.

Tried it same issue. “CLOUD Gaming closed unexpectedly” I guess we just gotta wait until it is fixed

I fixed mine by deleting the reserved space.

But then the last two nights when I’ve gone to play it I’ve thought to myself about all the recent CTD and issues I’ve been having (along with others) and felt that I really wasn’t up to dealing with that any more so I’ve just left it be and occupied my time elsewhere.

This is a real shame as when the sim is at its best is absolutely fantastic and I’d certainly be using it. But when it’s just broken and causing frustration it’s just awful and who wants to spend their very limited relaxation time dealing with that?

2 Likes

One thing that is playing on my mind is, if we have these CTD’s, that are seemingly pretty random, more prevalent etc, what’s the point in potentially releasing more complex aircraft for the Xbox in future? Because if the sim keeps crashing, especially on approach/landing/taxiing etc, it’ll be even more likely to crash with more complex stuff, and it’ll just hamper the enjoyment even more, when you’re awaiting that seemingly inevitable crash to desktop.

How do you delete reserved space tho. Because I’ve got it on Game pass Ultimate and that doesn’t let ya install it. I’ve deleted the data for it. But where is the reserved space option on Xbox. Or is reserved space only if it is installed

Only reserved space if you’ve installed it.

But why isn’t it let you install it? It should do if you have Game Pass.

I am more than a little concerned that the latest WU9 woes will muddy the water for all those suffering from the original SU9 problems that very many of us ( especially Xbox users but also a fair few pc users ) are still having to endure.

I fear that MS/Asobo will quickly fix the WU9 problem and then generally forget or sideline the original SU9 disaster ( Yes I know it’s only a disaster for some
so that bit is covered ,OK?:wink:.),and it will just become the default sim performance that many of us especially Xbox user will just have to get used to,which is somewhat depressing.

3 Likes

You delete the Reserved Space on your HDD on Xbox on your My Games window, view contents of your HDD and you will see your games /saves/data

Unless you’re playing cloud it must be installed to play it. Mine is game pass ultimate and installed. Option is under manage game, there is a detailed instructional post somewhere in this or a related xbox CTD thread.

If you’re using cloud then I don’t know. I found after not using cloud for a little while it deleted my setup with add-ons and I had to reinstall them again, so maybe that is a way out.

1 Like

Yes I agree. We need this WU9 CTD fix. Asobo do seem to care about CTD that affect users before they start a flight. Such as during loading or on the map. What they don’t seem to care about is CTD during taxi or takeoff or cruise or landing which are frequent crash points for many of us. It seems to be becoming a consistent theme in their responses and it’s really worrying.

As I noted just above I really don’t fancy having to deal with all of the frustration and uncertainty of these random crashes right now so I’m taking a few days off instead. I really hope Asobo do something to get on top of this ASAP because this is supposed to be fun and if it’s not fun then it’s useless and will die.

2 Likes

It’s because I’ve got Xbox series s instead of X/S

Also does anyone else have the graphics issue when it has to sort of use a horizontal line down the screen to stop the pixelation?

??? Not sure what you mean there.

Sounds like wrong tv settings perhaps?

Doesn’t matter then I’ll see if I can sort it.

I honestly don’t know what they will be able to do. We’ve got PC owners with thousands of mods/sceneries/airports/aircraft, some using systems less powerful than a Series X, purportedly suffering no issues, Xbox users the same, to some experiencing more crashes on some days than others (myself), to some having a basically unplayable sim. All with a near infinite number of variables as far as addons go, it’s a minefield. I am saddened because it’s a masterpiece of gaming design and implementation, WHEN it works. Trouble is, that just doesn’t seem to happen often, less so after SU9.

4 Likes

I want to reiterate what I am seeing here around the download icon that shows up for no reason.

Was just on the world map setting up a flight - things were smooth. Then it started stuttering like hell just as the erroneous +1 download icon showed up. I cleared that and things were smooth again. About 30 minutes into a flight now and it’s smooth.

I wonder if there is some sort of runaway/zombie process that is tied to that download notification and it’s just locking up the CPU(s).

3 Likes

Well. If you look at your Content Manager, after that download icon shows up, and scroll to the bottom, you’ll see Core Content and an indication to restart the sim to update.

Obviously, something wack is going on with that core content package, because it does this every time the sim is booted cold.

Basically, it is either never getting updated and/or the flag that gets set to indicate it has been updated isn’t being set.

4 Likes

Ah, I didn’t realize there was even anything there.

Really having one too many CTD’s today. And in general, over the last two weeks. So I’ve cleared my reserved space, will reset my cache to 16GB, and spend the next hour or two of my life downloading my addons.

Honestly got better things to do with my time thsn this. But, it’s the only thing I can try, really. I’m a little bit fed up of the crashes if I’m honest. :neutral_face:

2 Likes