Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

ILS runway 6 at Naples, Italy main airport is way off. Awesome view of Naples though lol

1. Nav/ATC not working (C172)
    correct nav frequencies loaded - nothing. Well within range. Area was flown yesterday pre-update without issues.
    Not able to communication to ATC (approach, specified controlled area)

But itā€™s great when you are doing those activities. You donā€™t have to go out to the main menu. You can do the discoveries one after another with barely any load time. Try it out. Not a bug as you said.

1 Like

It could become flyable in the future but Microsoft needs a partner dev to make it happen.

Aircraft customization can not save Tail number, Call Sign and Flight Number
Also From To Airports canā€™t save pre selected Airports.
Any Idea?

1 Like

When you are doing those activities you exit INTO that menu subset and why would you change activity mid way through flying one?

The activity menu now exists in the ā€œRETURN TO MAIN MENUā€ splash screen when ESC from flight.

Actual bugs I am seeing

Not a stable release. So far have been unable to complete a flight.
Multiple CTDā€™s (I have never really experienced many of these, tonight I have had more than all previous CTDā€™s combined since I installed the game)

TrackIR disconect. Again, I have never really experienced this, tonight I am either CTD or had to exit flight and restart because TrackIR connection was lost.

2 Likes

I flew the by the pyramids, exited and then flew rio. Then mount everest. Those discovery flights are just mainly sightseeing flights, not real flights meant to be completed.

Iā€™ve flown 5 or 6 flights already. Havenā€™t had one problem. Was able to move up from medium to high graphics and itā€™s been buttery smooth.

I am seeing this tooā€¦

My flight history appears to be three airports I have not visited for a long time (and indeed probably the very first 3 airports I actually flew out of in my very first session after very first install)

Weight, fuel load etc all a lot flakier now than previously, seems I have to change these if I open weather and then go back to weightā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve felt very fortunate in that Iā€™ve been able to dodge so many of the bullets that have struck my fellow simmers on previous updates. My system has performed virtually flawless, with some minor issues but they were able to be resolved through some setting adjustments. HOWEVERā€¦

I am now one amongst the masses of us who are suffering significant issues. Iā€™ve had the update installed for well over 6 hours now and Iā€™ve yet to get a plane off the ground. So many problems, from mouse cockpit views to controls not working. I donā€™t know where to start with the problems that need cleaning up.

I cleaned out my Community Folder before the download, loaded the sim. Closed it, did a restart, kept the CF to a minimum (LED fix for Bravo Throttle only) and still cannot get a flight off the ground.

Also: For those of you thinking theyā€™ve fixed the Hyper-threading issueā€¦forget it. I tried re-enabling HT in my BIOS (i7 10700K) and my CPU quickly jumped to 98C while sitting in the cockpit of the TBM just trying to get the mouse cockpit views back. My controls are totally fugged up. Sometimes my cockpit view gets into a spin looking on the pilot seat (at least thatā€™s what I think Iā€™m seeing) and it spins in an overhead circle and thereā€™s absolutely no getting away from it. If I hit ESC key to get back to the menu my screen flickers intensely and none of my mouse functions work. The only option is to kill the sim in Task Mgr.

Iā€™m totally exasperated.

Shall I do a complete re-install?

1 Like

Is this menu bar permanently visible now???

Updated everything, started the game twice with no issues. Now on the third time stuck at ā€œchecking for updatesā€ screen. Community folder is empty. Any idea guys?

1 Like

I started the Baron cold and dark and it works just fine. What issue did you have, you couldnā€™t turn the fuel valve with the mouse? Not sure I understand.

Servers may be overloaded.

1 Like

Oh I see, well letā€™s hope itā€™s just that :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I sat there for about 20 minutes just now. finally got through to main menu

I have the same issue: does not disappear with no mouse activity

Also while panning in the cockpit get so stutter or while pan to the wing views itā€™s getting worse

• Toggle to mouse view, adjust the seating position via the arrow keys and the mouse will jump to the upper left corner and/or dissapear.

• occlusion culling is slow so that objects and trees pop in only after looking in the direction for 1-3 seconds. (this is on buildings, vegetation, nightlights and texture resolution!)

• ā€œTree draw distance to the horizonā€ - stright up a lie. (you can only and to en extend archive this with setting LOD 400-600 via config)

• No option to change weather inflight: precipitation, aerosol density, temperatur, qnhā€¦

• massive amount of floating lights (for example at LOWI)

• no volumetric light/lightshafts anymore

6 Likes