Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

It was a launch problem and it was fixed between SU2 and 3 if I remember correctly. Now it’s back.

For now it’s the most troublesome update to download, slow speed, CTD, decompression loop. Tried wireless, wired, restarting everything (pc, router) and it’s not even 50% yet. Empty community folder for sure.

2 Likes

I couldn’t operate a single button or switch, my MS Sidewinder FF stopped working, and some planes load with a transparent frame. I’m currently doing a complete MSFS reinstall to check if this solves those problems.

Also selecting legacy mode controls will allow you to use Esc again

1 Like

Every time I turn on the controller in game, a new XINPUT GAMEPAD Preset is created and I cannot delete it. It just keeps adding them.

Any work around guys?

Thanks!

My game is crashing when i try to spawn at KLAX

I figured out how to get the TBM throttle to work with the mouse. When using the new “lock” feature, press & hold left mouse button, then at the same time press & hold right mouse button, then drag the throttle to the left to Taxi position.

1 Like

Can’t take off from KASE. A few hundred feet after the runway, the altitude suddenly drops and I immediately crash into terrain (and sometimes the “don’t sink” warning goes off as I’m going over the creek, despite being hundreds of feet above, visually). (Using CRJ4, haven’t tried with other aircraft yet).

1 Like

The egypt tour in the discovery flight has disapeared, it was there one hour ago

1 Like

I am stumped on how to get the Daher throttle control to move into the throttle position (throttle stick stays over in feather control).

I thought it was just me. I too cannot move the throttle from feather to taxi after the update. I like to start dark and cold, but now I have to load to the runway to get the throttle to work so I can take off.

3 Likes

Can’t start a flight now. I click fly now, and bar scale on the bottom moves to the end, and that is it. Sticks on the splash screen and goes no further. This SU5 has wrecked my MSFS.

2 Likes

My previous airports landed at history on the flight planning page no longer saves for me.

When using the new “lock” feature, press & hold left mouse button, then at the same time press & hold right mouse button, then drag the throttle to the left to Taxi position.

1 Like

When using the new “lock” feature, press & hold left mouse button, then at the same time press & hold right mouse button, then drag the throttle to the left to Taxi position.

I just relaunched the sim and Egypt is there.

1 Like

I tried both and it is missing, probably servers issues

same here :confused:

It wasn’t meant to be flown. You are supposed to explore the interior.

fly won’t start even if progress bar is fully loaded… I think there are issues now with the Community ‘Folder’… really a pity …

1 Like

oh wow they have messed this up. Am I the only one experiencing weird graphic behaviour? Its like there is some kind of constant render scaling happening and it looks terrible. Also the shadows now have fluffy or furry edges? And the control changes!? why!? And is it possible to switch off that awful highlighting when ever you go to use a control function in the cockpit!? That is absolutely woeful.

The performance improvements are only negligible for me but now I am seeing constant micro stuttering.
The FPS was only a tad lower before the update but it was so much more buttery smooth. Now it just stutters.

The changes in the control functions are really bugging me big time. Especially how they now glow. That is just pure sh!t.

I dunno… I hate to carry on but I feel this update which was meant to be significant has been more of a let down.

Maybe a full wipe and reinstall will help?

1 Like