Snow Cover or No Snow Cover

Confirmed at Windy.com:

By comparison, I was doing landing practice at Courchevel, and Meribel, and that was closer. The snow cover looked about right, but the last time it was that foggy there was about 12-13 hours ago.

This photo was taken in July…

i noticed this too, seems like the mask on where snow accumulates is inverted?!

It has not been fixed in the last Sim Update, even though it was supposed to.

not fixed at all.
the “ice age area” is now reduced about 1km, but still there. I don’t know on the french side, but on the italian/swiss side, any place within the alps is in a full winter season, from top of the mountains to bottom of the valleys…
frozen rivers are the most evident sign that something is wrong.

4 Likes

Yes agree this is an ongoing issue and an immersion killer in June on a hot day in Sion! - seen it in Switzerland, Austria and other Alpine areas, as well as Canadian Rockies, with Live Weather.
Rex Weather Force has no such problems, but can be a bit hard on frame rates.

They need to fix this.

Just making my way from Geneva to the Matterhorn. This is what I’m seeing on a day in June, on a 24°C day (75° Fahrenheit). Tomorrow it’s going to be 28°C (82° Fahrheit) and 32°C (89° Fahrenheit) next week.

This has nothing to do with live weather data whatsoever. The weather really needs to fixed or opened up to third parties.

EDIT: Just landed in Aosta, Italy, where Meteoblue currently reports a temperature of 23°C (73° Fahrenheit) at 21:53 (9:53pm) in the evening:

1 Like

same canada czst cybd

is not fixed even after the update

You didnt get the memo?

This year we’re tasked to lower global temp by keeping snow all year long

i talking about different between web cam and msfs weather, so i don’t need thinking about global warming/new ice period

This is BIEG in the sim with live weather right now. Temperartures in the area have been around 20°C for the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Indeed this is an annoying problem, and what is really strange - as already mentioned above - that you can see the snow cover maps on Meteoblue, and the game does not correspond to that at all… (Not to mention that there is no altitude-dependent snow line in MSFS, there is either snow in a region, or there is not…)

1 Like

Today in southern iceland, it’s 13°C !
There is absolutely no snow today in the real life there, but here is what I see :

Please, Asobo, could you fix this problem as soon as possible ?

3 Likes

I am getting constant snow at PAJN. Surrounding area looks OK but the airport is constantly snow covered using Live Weather. Its 14C outside

1 Like

same stewart and bella coola

1 Like

Having the same issue here.I Live in Greenland, and its kind of irritating when using live weather, you still have snow and ice everywhere. We Also Have Summer.! :smiley:

I have attached to pics from Narsarsuaq area, BGBW. first one using clear sky weather mode, Which is you would normally see during summer period.

and the other one using live weather.

It’s +15 to 20 degrees celcius. :smiley: It’s impossible to have so much ice and snow :smiley:

I really do hope this would be fixed soon.

6 Likes

Zermatt, Switzerland.
Widespread snow cover in the sim with live weather enabled, none in reality.
Why is this still not fixed?

1 Like

I second this, snow above 1500m throughout Switzerland (almost) with live weather, this is just plain silly when outside temperatures are around 25°C at the moment. Funny enough that the snow coverage map of meteoblue does not show any snow coverage in Switzerland atm, so why this stupid sim depicts a snow layer then?

I don’t know why people are so up in arms about this.

MS and Asobo have said that seasons are going to be worked on for a future update.
Right now, aside from actual weather covering the ground (if it’s actually snowing that is), the snow cover is going to be the same regardless until seasons is implemented.