Stutter and Stop at 10FPS introduced with World Update 3 still there with 1.14.6.0

Dear all I am havign exactly this same issue since Japan Update , have not enjoyed flying this Sim since then, Exactly same ISSUE, LOWEST Settings still stutters . Thank you for posting the Video, Exactly same issue.

1 Like

Well it is a good Game, but right now not playable so I understand, it will need some time, good thing we have other Sims to go back to. Good luck to all of us, and patience.

1 Like

Yeah, I hear ya. Here’s the double edge sword… Hopefully, Asobo can fix this issue but at the same time not mess something up to where folks who were not having issues all the sudden have performance and or other problems visa versa.

They really need to make these patches optional or at least properly beta tested, before forced release.

Asobo needs to understand that a lot of folks are having issues and can’t simply ignore addressing these issues and putting it on the back burner for optimization patch next year because they can get away with it. Meanwhile thousands of people are stuck with a broken sim. The only way for them to take this serious, is for us to voice our concern and put a little pressure on them.

The way I see it is before this last patch the sim ran just fine.

My 2 cents.

3 Likes

come on guys,i am laughing with all these “fixes”
No graphics option downgrade change anything.5sec stutters and random freezes are here to stay.
Microsoft said that the PC world industry estimate a 2,1 billion$ growth from hardware buying in general,from us users.
Well…i gave a 1000euros for a 6800xt Nitro Plus SE(mind the inflated prices) and for what ? To have a stuttering MFS ?

1 Like

I have these stutters too since World Update 3.
They mostly seem to come up when there is a city close-by, or when I fly towards a POI.

Several people on my group have the same issue. No matter if it is AMD or an Intel processor. No matter if it is a AMD or NVIDIA GPU.

My current PC has the following specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
32GB Corsair 3200
RX6900XT
4K screen

All was fine before the 3rd World Update

I hope this can be fixed ASAP, before Summer ! They have introduced an issue that affects many users. They should give this a huge priority in my opinion.

3 Likes

this is redicules in the sense that they now claim to be working on a solution ready summer 2021, why not just roll back the changes to before WU3 and SimU3? fix the game and content downloading issue and AFTER that go for new content and performance tweaks… and i’m not even speaking of the dreadfull changes to the vegetation, so very little users seem to notice?
with 1.14.5.0 even the workaround mod wouldn’t work anymore…

3 Likes

I didn’t spot it changed to summer 2021… :joy:

yes utterly embarrassing, imagine that they just caused this issue after all. it reeks of DX12 XBox compatible software fiddling.

1 Like

Sorry guys I think you are setting the expectations toooo high, they are doing a good job with listening etc. performance sucks but that will be fixed , do not forget all the other Sims had to be fixed as well to get to where they are right now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We didn’t pay 70euros or 120 for Deluxe,to get a product which needs BASIC fixing.Details,i can understand.But being almost non playable? NO !

3 Likes

Exactly!!! And with the hardware revenue, and add in also the revenue generated by third party addons. I know myself right now will not spend another cent on payware at this point. I feel almost embarrassed to admit how much I’ve spent in total. I had only suffered the bug causing glowing aircraft and objects in fog/clouds and that wasn’t at all a game breaker for me, just a frustration. I can fly without stutters… as long as it’s in Antarctica or in the Australian Outback. While I still had the patience to test, I could see that the hard stutters started and stopped in exactly the same areas each time. I tried everything. Empty community folder, LODS, settings, Nvidia control panel, HAGS, w/e all of it.

EDIT: Don’t get me wrong. I remain very hopeful this will all go away with time. Just frustrated

1 Like

The main menu sometimes gets stuck at 15FPS for several minutes. Opening the world map fixes it.

edit: scratch that, it now happens every time after starting the sim

Oh believe me…i don’t get you wrong at all ! I AM $##@# BEYOND imagination with all this ! I bought a 6800xt Nitro Plus SE for what ?

2 Likes

Support advised me to reduce render scaling “to 80 instead of 100 or above”. I went to do this and discovered default is now 70 for at least ultra and high end. Figured maybe something was really amiss and moved it to 80 anyway. My FPS went back over 30 on Ultra. Maybe they inverted the effect? Regardless might be worth a shot for others.
[edited - set to 80 as advised, not 90 as incorrectly typed]

Back to a solid 50fps with this on 80 flying out of Sapporo.

Really? Has anybody tried it ? I am not home right now

Just tried and set to 80 with no effect for me. FPS went from 50 to 25 immediately in selected areas

2 Likes

Sooo sad :disappointed:

i did all that and nothing changed

1 Like

One of the first things I tried after the update I lowered my rendering scale to around 70 no change on the stuttering. It is certainly on the cpu side!

1 Like