SU5 graphics quality

no, FOV Settings makes no difference. The picture from DCS are make it with the same settings.

Steam - an this is the same problem, thats @CptLucky8 see in his index.
(G2 OXR vs. Steam)
With SU04, it was in steam sharper.:confused:

@FlyingMastrChef i would wait to the 7th september. maybe the confings are not necessary after the update

2 Likes

That’s all good, man. Passion and frustration are powerful emotions and forums ALWAYS bring out the worst in all of us - even if we don’t intend a post to be snippy, it often comes across as that…and it escalates from there.

I hope I have made it clear that I have no problem with people bringing their issues here - that is exactly what a forum is for. It is just the subset, that seem to being negative for negativities sake. Also, there are definitely those that are snobbish about a simulator not belonging on an Xbox but I really think the tide is turning on that.

2 Likes

The fact that it okay in DCS at that setting does not necessarily translate into MSFS, as it probably uses different methods for up or down scaling - it is those methods I am trying to rule out by going to native resolution as I have first hand experience of them causing a blurry cockpit.

If you would rather wait until the 7th, then that is fine - only a few days. However, there is no guarantee that this issue will be part of the fix and you can always put your settings back after experimenting.

ahh, i use only 120 degree, because FS2020 can only display 115 degrees completely. Many objects outside are already invisble. XD next bug

A few missing objects are not really the concern at the moment, although I can understand why that would be annoying with an ultra wide headset. It may be worth upping the LODs above 5(00) just to see if that makes that better :thinking: - but one thing at a time. Render scale first. :grinning:

the LOD has nothing to do with this. FS VR had false viewports for wide FOV.
I have postet a little video.
look on the left outer side. the big buildings comes and go outside of 115 degree

1 Like

a little, but not really better

and now 100 + 100% … CTD … some minuts to wait

It’s tricky to say for certain, because your video is being downscaled to 720p, but that blurriness looks VERY much like render scaling issues.

I would stick to 100% render scale for now - I know it seems counterintuitive, that lowering the resolution can make it sharper, but just humour me.

Is anything outside of MSFS doing any scaling?

Cheers man, i think we also discussed. If anything sounded offensive or wrongly that has not been the intention. We all can become emotional once in a while especially if we get misunderstood.

If i’m correct i was the one bringing in the numbers about who does and who do or don’t mention having issues or not. Unfortunately it’s an outcome from multiple years of experience with it in both b2b and b2c. And i just hope that it will be different some day (unless if you throw in some money :unamused: ).

Really hope the issues you are seeing will be solved. To have the community help, we often need something visual, just because we are not the developers and kind if need something to grasp on. Often seeing helps tremendously in identifying and also can cause an epifany. An example is the exFat vs NTFS behaviour, a lot of asking a lot of trial and error, a lot of frustrations. But, in the end it was found (bad example as there are no images involved, but i think you get my drift).

When trying to help, and posting a picture back, we often try to identify in our own perception what someone else is seeing. So if it can be pointed out, it will be identifyable and like “darn, he/she is right i also have this, let’s try to solve it”.

Being a chef is often an underestimated job, long hours, heavy lifting, burning hot kitchens. Definitely a passion driven job, hopefully still enough fun!

Cheers!

1 Like

the video is only for object popping.

low quality test

Strange that those texture tiles are going missing from the top of the ‘screen’ as well? Is it a known issue with MSFS+Pimax?

yes Steam and/or pitool. pitool SS makes the picture clearer then Steam and use less cpu power.

yes, since the beginning with VR in FS. is on the known bug list

(with XTAL and StrarVR it is the same)

@RebuffedBee9595 @CptLucky8 The only thing I manually changed is the LOD factors. Apparently I changed them to a 3.000000, though I would have sworn I changed them to a 2.000000. But maybe that’s where the were when I started the process so that’s why my memory is wrong, as they are indisputably at 3 (and by they I mean both the 2D and VR settings), and I just checked it 30 seconds ago.

If there is anything else I changed manually in there, it must have been when I was drunk, but the only problem with that theory is that at my doctor’s request, I haven’t had a drink since the Fall of 2019. Although I’m planning to start violating that order soon unless they can give me a dam good reason why I should not. But that is neither here nor there.

I had previously changed several things in the post processing section, film grain for certain, and at least one other, but when I did that, I also put the LOD numbers at some ridiculous number my rig wasn’t beefy enough for, so I reverted the whole file back to the original default, meaning the changes to the post processing entries, whatever they were, had also been undone. It’s only been within the past few days that I changed the LOD settings.

The good news is that the setting of 3 is something my system handles without breaking a sweat, but the bad news is that if there is any difference in the visuals, they’re so subtle that my eyes have not noticed. But that could also explain why it’s so easy on my rig.

After making the changes to the LOD settings, and only the LOD settings, I saved the file and made it read-only.

I have no idea if this information is helpful in any way to anybody, but seeing some of the back and forth messages, I figured I’d just let y’all know this.

Kev

2 Likes

Is it possible to set those to 100% as well? That way there should be no up or down scaling being done - and if the cockpit is not sharp, then I am wrong and render scaling is almost certainly NOT the problem.

i try it… FS need nearly 15minutes to start - to much mods :joy:

I just think also your sim can look amazing, already today. It does for me, with just a 2070s card, so I have hard time understanding why it doesn’t for you.

That’s okay - if you would rather leave it till another day. I will still be here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

started and… crazy, it looks like before - i can read. :heart_eyes:

Ok, now i will try performance tunig. the performance is worst :joy:

Frametimes 70-80ms

2 Likes

oh ■■■■, all back…ingame randerscale 200

but better then before with 200 -thx

it must be a steamVR prob. crazy

1 Like