Thanks Alot SU9

MSFS Was working Really good even with the Ups and Downs. And even threw the last Updates and Patches. Now I guess they Decided to just Make the Game playable if u wanna have a thousand problems and not a good experience or they just made it un playable and you turn it off. I have never since I got this game on release date seen it this Bad. The world Map Freezes as you all no. Then it’s followed by lag for 20 seconds. After that you will get the Notatifation Bell saying down loads complet and after that you would think its doing okay. But the nightmare only has just begun. Now you get in the plane the VFR map is Frozen. The MCP buttons and constraint knob is probably the most annoying thing in the A320 when doing an RNAV I mean seriously :man_facepalming:t2:they have broken almost every little important button to fly and control a plane. But oh it looks good and turns on eveything runs. But as for the avoincs and Butttons for thr VFR maps and all are broke I mean technically they just broke this Simulator like I haven’t seen and you guys I’m sure know the exact same thing just thought I’d post my irritated mad Comment :man_facepalming:t2: Asobo. Stop breaking the Game. Do they not know the Word in the Military I herd for years. IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT MESS WITH IT MSFS. If anything changes or a hotfix is going to be released or anyone heres anything just like we all are. Please comment and keep me updated. This is whats great about the forms eveyone is in the same boat. Lets hope its fixed soon. :rage::man_facepalming:t2: This is unacceptable. Thanks guys. Respectfully. #xbox #community:general-discussion-feedback

6 Likes

I have to agree with the original poster here. I own an Alienware PC (close to a mega machine), Acer Gaming laptop (mid grade), xbox one x, and Xbox series s. This is getting ridiculous, and this isn’t the first time you guys released an update and made the game unplayable in many ways. The world map freeze glitch has been going on for over a year, it’s now worse. What is worse is that it happens when I play it on every machine that I own, (including my powerful Alienware). Sadly, this happens all the time in the video game industry, because it saves them money. In return it makes us gamers sad and frustrated.

3 Likes

Is anyone else also getting pretty big FPS drop across the board since SU9?

2 Likes

Yes I agree with you 100% on that. I Hope they come out with a HotFix or something soon. I’m getting scared eveytime I see another update comming out I am just like what’s it’s going to be now. But this time it’s really gotten bad. Hope for a Fix soon.

5 Likes

Totally unacceptable. I have the Xbox S for a month. I only bought it for Flight Simulator and forget about my PC with FSX. I was very happy with the result until the last update mess. The cockpit screens don’t turn on, which makes it impossible to play, if I’m lucky and they turn on when I land, they turn off by themselves. In addition to all the problems already mentioned. It seems unfortunate to me after having paid with a lot of effort that sadly it is useless. They must fix this problem immediately for all their customers.

4 Likes

SU8 vs SU9 FPS side by side comparison - Community Support / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Massive FPS drop because of SU9 - Bug Reports / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

Series X here and it’s not good since SU9.
Crashes at splash screen.
If you can get in the UI locks up til you reset and go through the splash crash again.
You can’t plot custom flight plans.
Constant reversion to off line mode even with good connection speeds.
Major lagging once your in the cockpit
CTD when ATC mumbles at you.
Very poor quality control from the update team im affraid.

Makes you wonder if the update team actually play the game when they not on there Uber machines at the office.

2 Likes

There is a poll on another forum and the vast majority of users have had no issues, the majority of those have even seen noticeable improvements. I’m sorry it is your turn to have issues (for me it was SU8) but don’t make it sound like SU9 has ruined the game - for most it really hasn’t.

7 Likes

Agree 100%. I spent over $1,000 AUD on an Xbox Series X, the sim, and Gamepass, plus addons, and flight controllers purely for FS2020 and now it’s an unplayable pile of garbage. Sort it out. This is totally unacceptable. We are all on the same hardware, with the same walled garden of addons to choose from. Why is it so broken?!

Additionally, why are third party addons (mainly airports) submitted to the app store when they just cause constant CTDs? Are these even tested on a real Xbox prior to approval? (Yes I have tried removing other addons to isolate the issue)
It’s unbelievable that developers still do not have proper tools or means to accurately test their add-ons before releasing to the Xbox FS Marketplace.

3 Likes

Post deleted.

You didn’t quote me there at all

Apologies, I quoted the wrong source :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Honestly, I’m sorry some are having issues with SU9. When I read some of the reports I was concerned but for most it really is an improvement over SU8.

Let’s hope things improve for those having problems.

3 Likes

Yep, better don’t buy any 3rd party airports atm. Saves you a lot of headaches.

I bought the 787-10 liveries pack from 4Simmers, and that’s great. But there is severe lag inside the cockpit as well, I haven’t seen this before. Outside the plane it’s butter smooth… I’m on a flight from Abu Dhabi to Athens in the Etihad livery which is great. 1.5 hours in so far so good. Let’s see when we reach the approach phase…

I took part of the SU9 Beta and had huge performance issues after updating to SU9. I even switched back between SU8 and SU9 several times and could repeat the performance problems. Others had no issues at all, so I was a bit baffled and frustrated by the thing

So I was thinking that may either the update process had something to do with it or there might have been stuff accumulated in the OneStore folder from a previous version that might have caused issues. I did the following (I use MS Store version. Don’t know if Steam has the same folder structure):

1. Deleted MSFS and deleted “Official/OneStore” folder
  2. completely reinstalled MSFS with SU8 from scratch.
  3. made a backup copy of my SU8 “Official/OneStore” folder on a different drive to be able to revert back to SU8 in case the Beta didn’t work for me
  4. deinstalled MSFS SU8
  5. deleted the OneStore folder
  6. restarted the computer and
  7. reinstalled SU9 Beta
  8. copied OneStore folder over from backup
  9. started MSFS and directed it to the location of the “Official/OneStore” folder.

This way I got the most current data in the OneStore folder, and added everything that was new in SU9 Beta. And for me it worked. Since the complete reinstall I’m rid of any ground stutters or other performance issues I had had after entering SU9 Beta

Obviously this method cannot be used anymore since there’s no way to revert back to SU8. But in case it really was something in the “Official/OneStore” folder you could still try a reinstall of the whole MSFS anyway if you got the bandwidth to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

In any case I would try first to only reinstall SU9 and keep the “Official/OneStore” folder, in case the error is somewhere in the update from SU8 to SU9. That’s only about 2GB of data and can be done quickly even with a slow internet connection.

The procedure would look like this:

1. Rename your “Official” folder to “Backup” or something similar
  2. Deinstall MSFS.
  3. Restart Computer
  4. Reinstall MSFS
  5. Rename “Backup” to “Official” again
  6. Start MSFS and direct it to where the “Official/OneStore” folder is located. MSFS should recognise it and only install what is necessary for SU9.

Obviously this is a “do it at your own risk” idea. For me it worked and I didn’t break the game with it. I cannot guarantee anything.

Good luck

Yes I’m hoping they putting in the overtime to sort some kind of hotfix ASAP.
I love this game when it’s reasonably playable but right now it’s not for many of us inferior console owners.

And as you can see by my avatar I’m use to playing buggy games lol

2 Likes

Console users don’t have that option

It would be interesting to compare the use of the COMMUNITY folder against those that are experiencing bad performance, compared to those of use with pretty good performance with an EMPTY Community Folder. Personally, I have pretty good performance on a very low end PC but have NOTHING in my community folder. Is there a relationship here ?

You heard it in the last Q&A.

Asobo Devs claiming g they have fixed issues, and that the issue no longer exists on THEIR particular PC configuration, but yet even Jorg, still having the issue.

It might be instructive to know exactly what Computer Setup, the Devs at Asobo are using, and if they do final testing on EXACTLY the same release version that we get, or are still running in development/debug mode, on a debug build.

There has to be a good reason why Asobo believes Bugs are fixed, yet “SOME” in the Community still experience those issues,

2 Likes

What they have probably guaranteed is the really hot line to their own server. :wink:

2 Likes

Very much this, I think one of them stated they were using an RTX 2060 but this was some time ago.