đŸ©č The patch everyone was waiting for (Jul 30) has been released! (topic emotion grade: lively, but still civil)

Like an over exposed photograph.

100% as night follows day a patch it seems always is required to fix an update, strange to me as an update usually is to fix something that’s currently needed altering/fixing.

2 Likes

It’s far easier to fix known bugs that users are reporting than to detect them ahead of time. If you just take your car to the garage to have new tyres put on they probably won’t notice the bearings on your front suspension are worn but if you tell them your car is rattling and they take a look they will find the problem pretty quick. No different here.

1 Like

Well, this is not a MSFS exclusivity

Ok, the bugs now are extremely annoying, but in software development, you live to apply patches.

After every major release, we are stuck for months of endless fixes because Joe is to lazy to do his ******* work, and insists on staying in YouTube the whole ■■■■■■■ day and he cannot be fired because of the lack of documentation for our ■■■■■■ legacy code from 1992!!!

I hate my job.

1 Like

I agree, and it’s exactly why I included in my comment about the beta testing. There’s no way that they weren’t already aware of virtually all of these issues/problems/bugs before release of SU5.

1 Like

The release date was set and the management hates to lose a milestone

They where probably already with code freeze and working on the patch a day or two (if not more depending on how your team works) before the launch.

The list of fixes is big because they already knew about what was wrong.

It is a ■■■■■■ practice, but my team will do exactly the same thing in a couple of weeks time

The products are different, but the process will not differ a lot from company to company

Yes, I get you. You’re probably right about the beta testers reporting some of the faults, but they had the deadline to get out by. Personally, I’m not too bothered, I expected there to be some teething problems, this is the most significant update they’ve ever done, with major changes to the engine. Most of my flying is done at the weekends anyway so happy to wait for a fix.

4 Likes

You live by LOWI? Sweet. I am envious.

2 Likes

We just cant say anything.

1 Like

Not sure those patch notes imply they’re changing/fixing LOD. Those notes re: LOD were SDK related about specific LOD objects in custom scenery/aircraft/etc.

1 Like

Yes, I am clearly exaggerating with the hundreds of posts and 5,000 views on one thread re: LOD. You got me.

So you think the draw distance and the terrain and the LOD are better in SU5? Interesting.

I tried to break this game and I failed https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/su5-4k-ultra

4k ultra, no compromise, runs like a charm.

1 Like

All - Finally, zendesked my issue. No one else experienced my game download block. Had to try to uninstall store, and reinstall store, which failed. Got tired of it, and reset PC. Still getting PC setup before I try to get the game working. Not sure store is even installed as it does not show up. May have to rebuild PC using media provided by manufacturer, which means like out of the box. Doing that will take week to get back to this point. Patch which is coming will NOT help me at this point. Believe I will have to DL the whole game again, which will take about 4 days, because of totally slow Internet. I HATE THIS DISTRIBUTION MODEL BECAUSE IT CAUSES THOSE OF US WITH COUNTRY BUMKIN INTERNET TO TAKE DAYS TO DL GAME. MS/Asobo/whomever-not everyone on this planet earth has fiber internet. More of us than not have very poor speeds, and yet you persist in the backwards distribution model. It will work this time, or thinking about class action suit to try to at least get my money back. I swore I was not going this far, but I caused the issue now, by deleting store and not being able to restore it. WE WANT DVD’S.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re releasing these bugs deliberately because they haven’t figured out how to fix them, I think they’re releasing them because they went undetected. Once you know that a bug exists and how to recreate it, it’s generally pretty easy to fix (depending on the bug). Given they now have tons of user reports and crash data, I’m not surprised they could whip up some fixes pretty quickly.

Yeah. I’m seeing my frequencies and transponder code involuntarily change as well. I don’t have any aids or ai copilot options on either.

Now i remember why Microsoft fully abandoned FSX X
Imagine that, you wake up and one day the owners of the company have given in to releasing anymore updates so the community had to make everything themselves
I can guarantee you they are going to do that. Actions speak louder than words

2 Likes

Kev, pal! Greyt you’re here!

Maybe, maybe, and I hate to say it, when you have a poor bandwidth, this sim might be unplayable. In that case it could be that the ‘other one’ is the answer to your frustration (which I understand and am sorry to hear). Haven’t heard your scenario before and this s*cks. Sorry again man! Hope that you get it solved one way or the other.