šŸ©¹ The patch everyone was waiting for (Jul 30) has been released! (topic emotion grade: lively, but still civil)

42 (fourty-two)

Thank you for letting me know to switch to legacy to eliminate the new updated cockpit. It doesnā€™t work, the panels stay the same using modern or legacy.
Other problems Iā€™m having: The only aircraft usably in my hanger are the A320, FBW A320 and CJ4. All the other aircraft have black panels except for the Cessna Longitude, its panel displays but I canā€™t set the altitude, airspeed or course. The TBM 930 has no panel at all. If I click on anything on the panels more two times the sim freezes for about 15 seconds?
What has been improved for me is no more shutters or sim stalls. Thank you for that!!

42 Gigabytes!?!? For a hotfix?

No. ā€œThe answer to life, the universe, and everythingā€. But maybe Iā€™m getting old, and not many people get this ā€˜jokeā€™ :wink:

But now serious. We really donā€™t know. Not even the CMā€™s until it is published.

1 Like

It is 42 megabytes maybe.

@topic author

Interestingā€¦i see many are fixes rather than ā€œimprovementā€ for the bugs that came with SU5?

And if it is like what you said in one of your post, if i interpreted it correctly, attributing the crashes, freezes to users using incompatible or unsuitable periperals or add- on, you might need to proof these i supposed? Else its an assumption anyone can give or made in forum?

Also, if issues are primarily fault of users, i wonder how did they so quickly and so willingly came up with the hotfix? Because the instabiliity of the game worsen by the SU5 are very real and affect large group of users, and some of which developer might already know e.g. crash associated with using offline AI traffic etc in their own admission? This is probably not even related to 3rd party addon or users fault but a valid selection available in MSFS.

I rather see why certain grp of users are free from issues in each update as that being users selecting different combination of available and valid selections in MSFS setting and some of these combinations are assiciated/ causes issues specific with the update, all of these combination selections related to setting are valid because these are made available in MSFS.

Way to downtalk the console community, congrats. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m hoping that MSFS 2020 doesnā€™t sell as well on X-Box as it has on the PC. That way, Microsoft will eventually let Asobo pivot and focus on the PC version rather than the X-Box version. PC players have lost a lot of the original beauty of the graphics from a year ago.

1 Like

They will not and youā€™re wrong. There may be issues after this update but the developers are on it. Development will continue on both versions now, especially that itā€™s Xbox Play Anywhere, itā€™s the same game on both platforms essentially. Donā€™t be an elitist.

The graphics processor on a high end X-Box is years behind the graphics cards available for a PC. You canā€™t buy a $500 X-Box and get an $800 graphics card inside it. Iā€™m hoping Microsoft will let Asobo separate the X-Box and PC versions of MSFS 2020. Thatā€™s all. They are two very different platforms, and the PC is light years ahead of the X-Box. They are two separate customer bases.

3 Likes

The truth of all this lies somewhere in the middle as we say here. I am dead certain that when many people had read and followed up on the release notes, that we would have had a more positive reception of this milestone release, which would have been so much better for everybody involved. On the other hand, yes, there were certainly some issues in the core sim and thatā€™s why they are releasing this day two patch.
Which proves to me, again, that Asobo cares and wants to have us just flying about.

But could you maybe expand a little on the goal of your post? I sense some insinuations, but I am not sure about who or what?

Ow, to answer your last question. Some people are flying absolutely Vanilla. You have no idea how many topics Iā€™ve participated in which boiled down to some third party incompatibility. And that was of course after all the ranting. Secondly, drivers. I helped a guy who still had, amongst many others, an optional HUDClass update waiting, I guess since march. That could point to something. Thirdly: project Lasso. Fourthly, many thing we donā€™t know yet.

I just mean. There are many factors: obvious and less obvious ones. My conclusion is this: if we would just hold back from this utterly uncivilized rage and ranting and would discuss matters on a facts first basis, we would pinpoint any issue much faster and the atmosphere here would be one of sharing and cooperation. And happily I still see much of this happening here!

4 Likes

Careful now, I could book you for discrimination :wink:. @WristyLawyer204, where are you? And the 29 likes really worry me.

My statement of the day is this: ā€œThe world is for everybody to enjoy!ā€

Graphics can be better on a powerful PC (you can run the game at higher framerates for example) but the simulation and the feature set is the same on both platforms and will remain so. If something is broken on one, it will be broken on the other and the fix will be applied to both as well. There will never be separate versions on PC and console. By the way, the Xbox version looks and runs better than what most PCs can currently do, I recommend this comparison video, which is a testament to the abilities of both the consoles and the developers. It is one unified game now between platforms and there are enough options for all audiences. We are one community now.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see if they just changed the executable or also data.

1 Like

if you know some programming , you will know GPU-grade variants is not the determining reason for splitting up SW builds.

Perhaps one day a big fund is asking for an isolated Flight Sim version for military airspace training, such as throwing something deep into Asia, then you will need have another build that protect those sensitive data to be shared with XBox / PC simmers in public.

Thatā€™s not taking about adapting to GPUs.

Can i get my clouds back also ā€¦ ow and the over exposure removed please ?

Could run 30fps (capped it )with clouds ultra on my gaming LAPTOP and other details MEDIUM / high. Looked amazing since I fly IFR high altitude mostly.

Now what did i get ???
I still cap at 30 FPS but the clouds look horrible ! I need sunglasses and details are more blurry

They always said PC and Zbox would be the same ā€¦ so probably they could not get it running ok on xbox and therefore remove pc details ???

Just so they can say ā€œ you see ā€¦ we did it ā€œ !!!

We had details sliders not for fun right !!!

If you can not run ultra go lower ā€¦ now everybody is punished because some crying people could not run 4k VR on ultra with demanding detailed addon airports without a stutter ?

Horrible

2 Likes

Why delete? Just wanted to react that on this one (clouds) I am with the more critical people. They look too bright and washed out to me.

I sense there will be a lot of disappointment tomorrow after the hotfix drops.

Hopefully itā€™ll cure some of the crashing and fix the various input / ui issues as per the notes.

But this new lod system and culling is not going anywhere. Asobo arenā€™t going to be reverting months of hard work refactoring the engine because some people are getting bent out of shape by some minor pop in.

They may allow some minor adjustment of the culling extents but thatā€™s it. Weā€™ll just have to live with it.

Also bear in mind a lot of the issues with blurry textures and weather weirdness are also likely caused by huge initial server load, so may improve with time.

Also third parties will update their products thatā€™s not on Asobo. I donā€™t want third party compatibility holding back sim progress. Understandably giving them early access is a good incentive but I think this update just had too much to deliver and they ran out of time to keep the third parties across all the late developments. Patience is the key here, theyā€™ll sort out their stuff.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t care less about improving fps by 50%. As long as I get 30 in any environment Iā€™m happy, Iā€™m not in some first person shooter, Iā€™m pretending to be in a plane that moves and reacts relatively slowly (or at least should). What I want from a flight sim is a rock solid platform that doesnā€™t freeze or crash every 5 minutes (literally, for me). If the occasional system or mod glitches I can live with that no problem. However I do expect the core game to be functional. Stop trying to make this console level performance, thereā€™s no need, itā€™s supposed to be a semi professional simulator. At the moment itā€™s nowhere near Iā€™m afraid.

4 Likes

I think I read in the SDK part that they reverted this? Maybe I am wrong, but this could be the surprise of the day.