To msfsscenerybuilders 3rd party devs

This is not acceptable, and I won’t be buying any more content from you until you upgrade your nasty FSX ports to the standard of MSFS 2020. I bought Marathon and got burned, never again.

I hope one day I will log in, and you have upgraded your addons. Upgrade them like OrbX and LFVR did and you get a pass. There’s no place for nasty, lazy FSX ports in the marketplace. Pull your pants up and step up to the table, you can do so much better than this.

Click on th image to experience some of the most shocking bad textures in MSFS 2020 that even the default textures are higher quality. Shame on you for wasting your marketplace privilege.

The reason I am posting this here is because they don’t exist as an accountable business, there’s no email, there’s no website or contact. They don’t exist but churn out these nasty ports as cash grabs, if you’re reading this msfsscenerybuilders “so called” prove me wrong and do what’s right and upgrade your scenery to msfs 2020 standards and I’ll buy ALL your Florida sceneries.

21 Likes

Dunno how they can get such high ratings in the marketplace. Thought they were bad even in theFSX days; over at Simmarket you can find an email and a website: https://secure.simmarket.com/fsxcenery-kmth-florida-keys-marathon-international-airport-msfs.phtml.

Good luck contacting them.

1 Like

I would imagine they’re paid upvotes, or people that don’t realize the potential of how good the sceneries can be. Key West by fsdreamteam is one of the best on the market place. If they step up to the plate I’ll alter my posts here and praise them, they should be working to turn their poor reputation around.

If there were room for competition on the Marketplace and you had several sceneries to choose from of the same airport, that would be better for the paying customer, if MS lock other renditions out, then that makes it even worse, and the more important lazy devs get the rock turned over on their shabby business practices.

If they commit to upgrade their addons, even incrementally I’ll support them 100% by buying more of their content starting with dragging their Marathon airport out of the trash can.

I was in contact with the dev via the email address on Simmarket late last year after I bought a scenery that had issues beyond even what you describe.

I was promised a fix. 5 months later, no responses to my many follow up emails asking for an update.

Needless to say I won’t buy anymore from this developer and I strongly recommend for everyone to be careful and review what you’re getting before making the same mistake I did.

3 Likes

Yeah that could be the case, as it was and is common on simmarket as well.

The biggest problem is right now: I and most of the ppl that are long enough into flightsim know exactly what to buy and what better not. But there are many new customers maybe wanting to do their first purchase and get something like that (Based on the 4 or 5 star votes and the price). If i were them i would be utterly disappointed after spending about 12 to 15 USD for a scenery that quality and maybe would consider not to buy anything again.

I liked the idea of getting a QC for the marketplace but ms/asobo pulled the plug on this idea very fast.
At least there are multiple scenes allowed on the marketplace, we 2 renditions for some european airports right now. But there is a lot of content of bad quality over there.

I just hope people are doing some research (more than looking on the marketplace rating) before buying something.

2 Likes

Please don’t think that I’m defending THIS level of bad quality, there’s a lot of room for improvement here and the airport isn’t big to begin with.

That being said, the comparison with default autogen scenery isn’t very fair. Textures in autogen scenery only have to be loaded in memory once and they will work for thousands of buildings, so their resolution has a much smaller relative impact on memory.

Bespoke textures for custom airports are much more specific and normally there’s a lot more of them for a single airport, so developers have to be more careful to balance details and memory usage. Especially for peripheral buildings that aren’t looked at from very close, lower quality is very much acceptable, especially in large ariports.

Again. This specific case is way bad and it’s likely a combination of rushing and simply using the same textures since the time of FSX. That’s likely how this developer can afford flooding the market with tens of releases, so I’ve simply steered clear since when I’ve seen how often they launch stuff, and I’d encourage everyone to do the same. There’s no way it can be good.

Yet, I thought I’d mention the caveat above so people don’t think that textures that aren’t as sharp as default are always an indication of bad work.

3 Likes

On the subject of quality control in the Marketplace, there is a Wishlist topic for that:

I don’t know if Microsoft would ever change their minds about that sort of thing, but I’m just putting it out there.

As another solution, there is also a Wishlist topic for having average developer reviews in the Marketplace so that everyone will know whom to go with and whom to stay away from. Admittedly, sharing this topic is self-serving because I’m the topic author, but I would share it even if it weren’t my idea:

Thanks for your research, I voted on the Topics right now. Afaik it was stated by Asobo / MS in one of the early Q&A that they don’t want to patronise/moderate the Marketplace.

What we now see is something is something like Simmarket 2.0 in terms of 90%Trash and 10% Pearls, with the difference that you have to be partnered to bring it to the Marketplace (So the Marketplace is something like 60% Pearls and 40% Trash right now) I had high hopes when MS announced the Partner Program, as I thought vendors would be categorized by proof of work in terms of quality (ie. Level of Detail/Accuracy/Performance/Endusersupport). But thats not the case if you see whats available.

MS would clearly need 2-3 people constanly reviewing their partners products and categorize them or the dev directly (A+ to E, or whatever scale you want for quality) even with the chance to get kicked, if the quality is too bad and the dev is not improving it over time. It may be worth the investment, if they don’t want people going back to ORBX/AS/JF/Contrail Launcher where a certain amount of quality is needed to sell the product. Customer Ratings alone (even when they are written) may just not be enough - just look at amazon, everyone of us has bought some high-rated thrash over there I’d say.

It is still the dream to have an inbuild Marketplace with all the High to Mid Tier Addons - and even budget ones would be fair - as long as they have budget prices.

I couldn’t have said it better. Even when they showcase their scenery for potential buyers, it’s always from a distance so you can’t see the dev’s inferior work. And what’s worse for me, I live in Phila, and it seems much of their work is in the NE region. I would love to purchase airports like KACY, KABE,KMPO,etc, but I have a standard of what an airport should look like in MSFS2020, and this “excuse for scenery” doesn’t meet those standards…not even close! Good call on your part!

3 Likes

I mean, I’ve avoided them (even though they’re the only 3rd party stuff for some airports like KHYA) because their name is LITERALLY “fsxcenery” on simmarket. I.e. “FSXcenery”, or straight from FSX. Not worth a penny

1 Like

Amen! I’ve been saying this for years now. And what’s worse for people who live on the east coast of the US, like me, who really want to invest in nice scenery, don’t have a real option as these devs tend to dominate lots of smaller airport scenery packages on the east coast. So I simply can’t / won’t buy any of their scenery again! Which still leaves me hoping a better developer will “take the mantle” for scenery in my area. Seriously, I don’t think this company has any intentions in improving their brand… as long as people see them in the FS Marketplace, along with the real devs, and assume they’re on the same par…only to find out the hard way!

2 Likes

A reminder: no matter how dissatisfied you might be with a 3rdp product, posts must be compliant with the Code of Conduct. Name-calling is not allowed. These forums are for Discussion of 3rdp products, not places to Express Dissatisfaction (i.e., Customer Complaints). Those need to go directly to the maker of the scenery or to the Store/Outlet from which they publish.

I regret that i only read this now(after purchasing FVRG and FVFA of Zimbabwe) The gates don’t work at FVFA and are not placed correctly. FVRG also has issues! Why is this bad quality payware, is a mystery! I’ll never buy from them again.

I just picked up the new KLPR from this guy - the textures are incredibly low-res, the taxiways are missing markings and lighting, and the night lighting is very poorly done. There are also no taxiway signs, which exist IRL at the field.

I should have known better after his KBKL from Simmarket simply didn’t load, but I wanted my local airport. Live and learn…

No game ports of any kind should be allowed in this sim. Let’s keep the quality up to what this product can really offer.
Tired of all these cash grabs

1 Like

Never buy those sceneries…ever.

Please sort out the FVHA Scenery. The airport was renamed Robert Gabriel Mugabe International (FVRG). The problem is that, after installing your FVHA, the stock FVRG still remains and there is a clash of sceneries especially the runway and taxiways toward the 05 end. The scenery is otherwise good but one cannot land on it and has to disable it to land on RWAY 05.

I bought KDET in Detroit from these guys. Never had a crash on XBox until this airport was installed and it looks terrible. With all the very poorly done airports and planes on the marketplace, I think I’m just never going to buy anything on there again unless it’s from Microsoft/Asobo.

2 Likes

I woke up this morning in a good mood and by mid-afternoon I was very discouraged. I see our favorite scenery vendor has pumped out more junk. This time, my local field is victim of their poor efforts. Richmond International (KRIC) has only been developed one time as a freeware product that I’m aware of back in the p3d days. Today I discovered this scam company has created Richmond and released it 3 days ago. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. The first picture on their product page shows runway 16 with a displaced threshold which is wrong. Very, very, very wrong. This company puts little effort into their products. They create a couple terminals, slap their logo on it and call it a day. I can only hope a reputable developer (freeware or payware) will still take this on.

Wow, 16 EUR for this. FlyTampa Boston is 19 USD.

1 Like