Toolbar - Handle Bar - Flight Menu (triangle) will not disappear

Lol everything is disabled and they are still there. I use the Xbox controller on PC

Can you show a screenshot of your accessibility settings? I’ll fire mine up for comparison.

Ok the ones you want are:

• INSTRUMENT NAME TOOLTIPS
  • INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTION TOOLTIPS

Both can be set to one of ‘INSTANT’, ‘DELAYED’, or ‘OFF’. I like ‘OFF’ for the first and ‘DELAYED’ for the second. I’m not using an Xbox controller at the moment, but it seemed to work as I expected when I tested one yesterday.

The ‘NoToolbarHandle’ mod I dropped into the community folder pre-SU5 is still working for me: Reddit link

2 Likes

Don’t even need the mod, just press any of the arrow keys after each mouse movement

2 Likes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/toolbar-handle-bar-flight-menu-triangle-will-not-disappear/426822/20

1 Like

yes, thats better than a mod .

1 Like

Try moving your cursor to either the upper left or lower right, off screen. Looks like as long as the pointer is off screen the tool bar remains closed.

1 Like

Change Lock to Legacy.

1 Like

Are you talking to me or to someone else? I like lock mode. (I did not have any questions, I was answering a question.)

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. To report that it is missing, scroll to the top of this post and click the “Vote” button if you have not already done so.

Hello everyone, this feedback has been logged!

6 Likes

Still present after the second hotfix.

2 Likes

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
yes but not related
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
noe issue:`

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
it used to perfectly fade away on its own after menu toolbar interactions stopped for a while, however I notice it won’t go away after the latest hotfix 1.18.15.0
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i7 10th, RTX 2060, 32 GB
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
no

Still not fixed and just as annoying.

2 Likes

It sure is annoying, Iv just voted on this
Hope its fixed in world update 6 in a few weeks time

1 Like

Me too. Yes, clicking on arrow works. Mod works too. But this is not the answer - MS Asobo need to fix this please. It is bl**dy annoying.

I am having the issue intermittently as well. Get’s stubborn over long haul flights. 1hr plus flight time for myself and disappears on second monitor instead of the primary one. Weird indeed! (PC)

This was published almost a year ago and still works perfectly!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/removed-toolbar-handle-that-appears-whenever-your-move-the-mouse/266566

Here’s an edit to get rid of the handle bar. Works perfectly. Can’t remember who posted this but it works with SU5. After implementing this, the bar is gone. Move your mouse up top and you get the menus. Perfect fix!

Backup file named ToolBar.css

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\ToolBar

After that go to

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\ToolBar\

In notepad++ or notepad open file named ToolBar.css
Go to line 46 (opacity)
Change 1 to 0

Before

After

Save changes and run MSFS :wink:

7 Likes

I call it a solution because it’s a mod. I’m installing a modification to their program to suit my wishes. I wish for no toolbar handle and whether it’s an installed mod or an edited file, I get my wish.