Toolbar - Handle Bar - Flight Menu (triangle) will not disappear

and the loading screens…

1 Like

Wow. How does that even happen?!?

… and sometimes I wonder if the large number of “tilted to the left” loading screens might be a result of this (well known) bug:

I watched the latest (frankly unbelievable given the LOD popping issues that I and many others see) trailer from Asobo, and I thought I saw it there even. Although that is possibly paranoia! Surely they must know the issue given the time it must take to very carefully put these trailers together? Has their marketing team seen this and fed back to the developers even if their QA team isn’t up to the job (by being overloaded?)

They’re just jpeg’s in fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING\FreeFlight

I guess I was not expressing myself good enough … I was wondering if the reason why those JPEG images have been made with “tilted to the left” cameras is because even the (marketing) people at Asobo are suffering from this drone cam roll bug.

No Handle Bar » Microsoft Flight Simulator

When this bug was introduced I decided to go with the “BetterToolbar”

… so I agree with you @billgranada … there are “hot-fixes” from the community.

No need :wink:

Yep
Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Viewing tool bar - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Can’t get rid of tooltips or the white drop down arrow - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Being listed in the tentative release notes, SU:6 will finally solve the issue.

Mine is still there after SU6. It does not fade away. Is there a setting somewhere ?

1 Like

Is anyone else still experiencing this besides SpeedbirdTen392? (Where the menu icon does not disappear?)

@SpeedbirdTen392 , sorry, no setting anywhere.

The annoying menu arrow still doesn’t fade away after SU6. Despite being in the release notes. :rage:

Its working here correctly now. I had to go into toolbar.css and change visibility back to 0 and all is well.
If you installed a mod to fix this before…remove it and you should be good to go…

Hi All,

I think it may be a problem with the ShiftZ Stats add-on in the community folder.

I removed that from the community folder and the menu icon now fades away.

Can someone else please confirm ?

What and where is toolbar.css ?

You’ll have to search it, go into file manager highlight the dir where MSFS is installed in the top right theres the search bar type in toolbar.css and hit the blue button, it will search for it a min or two, then you edit the file, find the lines that say:
tool-bar .toolbar-handle.visible, tool-bar .toolbar-handle.active {
transition: opacity 0.7s 0s;
opacity: 0;

the last instanance of opacity should read 0; if its one change it save the file and you should be good to go. If you installed a mod to fix this in the previous version, just delete the mod and restart the sim and ditto…

Yes I installed "No Handle Bar’ mod but I had already deleted it when I ran into the problem.

Are you saying the “No Handle Bar” mod changed that css file ?

Im not saying that but it might have. I just changed the file by hand myself. But if the mod changed that file and you uninstalled the mod theres a good chance that the the toolbar.css file didnt get changed back to what it should be.

Ok thanks for your help. What I did find for sure was that removing the ShiftZ Stats mod allows it to fade as advertised.