Top Mach Studios: Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

I’ve spent more time in it. Kind of wanting to test it out, but in doing so, have been getting distracted by fun. The flight model in particular.

I did not know the premium was being released when it was. Prior to release, the previous 10 days I spent hours a day, flying one military jet for 15 minutes and then another one, rinse and repeat. The different feels of all aircraft were fresh in my memory.

I can honestly say, this personal best under my own parameters, felt “just right”. It was my first complete run in the FBW version, and I could feel the difference. I am used to the trim being auto adjusted so it through me off that I wasn’t seeing it, but the performance difference can be felt when you look for it.

Felt fast, yet smooth, but also easier than any other jet.

The taxi’ing is much improved from the freeware version. The pulling on takeoffs is still happening but it’s inconsistent and when it doesn’t happen, the takeoffs feel good.

The acceleration feels perfect, and better than that is when you are trying to do a sharp bank without using the mass of the aircraft to slow down too much, but if do slow down too much, the thrust vectoring will pull you out of a jam unlike any other jet, it’s So forgiving! The way you can throw the F-22 into the wind to slow down fast but still be in control, man this is what the F-22 should be about!

Seriously, the skies will be filled with this aircraft once more people start experiencing more of it. I started getting skeptical when glitches were coming about but the patch/update helped a lot.

1 Like

I apologize for offending you, Sir.

I dont spend a lot of time following the development of addons. I typically only browse this forum category to see what’s released and then look for the current information and comments regarding the state of addons that I might purchase.

Prior to your release of the F-22, I wasn’t interested in purchasing any of the current generation fighter addons. The only reason I purchased the F-22 was because I saw that Darkfly was part of the development team, so I took a risk that Top Mach Studios embodied similar people wanting to develop and provide a simulation experience that was genuine and offered a lot of value. After exploring the F-22, I found that the addon indeed provides me with a lot of entertainment value.

Again, excuse my ignorance. I’m just a “casual flight simmer”. I try to avoid the anxiety that long development cycles and product teasers give me leading up to a product’s release. I choose to focus my attention on what’s currently available, and the relevant posts and comments regarding those products.

I wasn’t expecting to be subtly directed to acknowledge the lead developer. But yes, Your team has done a fantastic job.

3 Likes

No offense taken. Glad you’re enjoying our plane. More updates on the way!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the bug persists. I only purchased and installed the F-22A after the 1.1.5 fix yet I’m regularly suffering the control lockup issue. I’m still on SU9 and at the time of the problem I had no mods in my community folder besides the F-22A and my Navigraph files.

Can you try deleting the cache folder for the plane (topmachstudios-f22a-raptor-premium) with the sim closed, then reopen and test?

Steam Vers:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages

MS Store Vers:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\

Hey guys will there an update on the sounds? I can’t hear the APU engage from the cockpit. And also in the future I would like to know if the Raptor howl will implemented into the sound effects.

There will be an update to the sounds, but it isn’t highest on the priority list at the moment. Raptor “howl” can be heard when facing the front of the aircraft and engines are throttled up between approx 60 and 90% engine rpm. It’s not quite as dramatic as maybe some would like but didnt want to overwhelm those who may not want to hear that sound effect blaring at them.

Thanks for replying on your off day! I understand with the howl, personally i think it’s one of the characteristics that make the raptor unique.

the hawl its important because that little details makes the model unique, at least the experience at taxi and runway cold start etc when you actualy need to prepare the plane for flight . each plane have different behaviour in engine sounds . I post a video in this topic above from f22 demo team cold start + taxi . the sound is very good for samples . would be very nice to prepare this for the jet in the future :smiley:

Bought this bird last night and really like the way she flies and handles, thing is though when I switch to internal view the camera is all over the place so I have to stay in external…any ideas on what to do ?

I agree with you hands down FungalPie273372. I didn’t want to be the only one, it’s very important.

The F22 is extremely sensitive to cross winds: in the videos below, the F22 FBW v 1.1.5
Watch the take off and landing:

but fun to fly:

2 Likes

This truly is a joy to fly:
From flying backwards to flying supersonic at Mach 1.33 at ~ 6000 ft AMSL, at angles of attack (alpha) between “well above 90 degrees” (up to ~ 170 degrees) to - 80 degrees, and getting back control, this really is a masterpiece.
Just watch the alpha on the HUD and enjoy…

Touch down at 125 knots for a smooth landing.

I selected Live Weather, in Real Time.

1 Like

I assume people haven’t been commenting because they have been too busy having fun in this. It’s the case for me. Zeanuck and I just were flying over the Idaho mountains and he saw me doing thrust vectoring stuff so he started doing it and it looks SO cool especially when it’s someone else doing it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s super fun doing it too though :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone have some tips or a tutorial for a power loop. I’m doing what the manual says but I keep loosing energy before I complete the full loop.

Try it with a lower fuel load and / or keep the angle of attack a bit lower (don’t pull the stick all the way back and preserve a bit more airspeed) during the initial vertical portion of the loop.

I know you can set fixed camera views, but lots of times controllers have a convenient stick to do quick looks off to the side and whatnot…

What I like about the F-22, when in the cockpit and I hit down, (in external view it’d look behind you), it looks behind you in cockpit view. Every other aircraft if I am in cockpit view and hit that same button, usually I just zoom inside the cockpit or go to a view I never really use.

This will be very convenient and I also enjoy the vapor trails from this view too!

What is the thrust to weight ratio of the F-22?

That depends on aircraft mass, air temperature, air density, Mach and throttle setting - there is no single measurement for thrust to weight in any aircraft. For most of its flight profile in real life though, the F-22 will be at or around unity ( 1 to 1 ).

3 Likes

Fingers crossed. I will 100% be buying the f-22 if it gets brought to Xbox!

3 Likes