Triple Monitors Support (different resolutions)

Mark, I just built a 2K 3 monitor setup just for MSFS 2020… only to find out it doesn’t support 3 monitors. I also typically fly the TBM, so I’ll add pictures when I can.

PC Specs: i9 10th gen, RTX 3080, 32gb RAM, 2T SDD

I’ve tried two things thus far to get my 3 monitors to run MSFS:

1. NVDIA Surround: Even though my resolution shows as 7680x1440 - it’s terribly distorted to the point that it’s not usable in a proper landing/takeoff scenario; I can barely even read the instrument panel when cruising unless you zoom in…

2. Using windowed mode and dragging MSFS across all three screens: Even when I drop my settings from Ultra (which runs at 35+ FPS on a single monitor or using NVDIA Sync), my performance is so bad it becomes unplayable at 6-7 FPS when landing or approaching scenery

Microsoft needs to address this - I know they have plenty to work on with this game, but lacking multiple monitor support is pretty weak to say the least.

We all feel that way. It is supposedly high on the list but not promised until maybe this year, maybe next.

Consider this as a workaround to avoid distortion on side screens:

3 Likes

Well, thats a buzz kill. Sorry it is not working at 1440p for you. You have the correct gear, for sure.

Consider stepping it down to 1080p (11,059,200px vs 6,220,800px)? What size monitors are you using? The people that I have seen on YT, that have done triples I believe are all using 1080p. That’s why I ask what size monitor you are using. At 1080p with a large monitor/TV in my opinion it becomes to grainy to look at. That is why, for the time being I have decided to continue using a single 4K monitor/TV (8,294,400px).

I’m using 27 inch monitors - I may as well try 1080p, I don’t have anything to lose. Thank you for the help - I appreciate it! I’ll report back once I’ve had a chance to test

1 Like

I am new to MSFS and have a 3 monitor setup. I don’t understand how to do the procedure in the quote. How do you move the camera position all the way back (not zoom the actual camera position)? I do have my monitors set at 40* and I am using window mode with about 2/3s of the side monitors for the sim. I use the left over 1/3 of the side monitors for maps, ATC and my CPU/GPU monitor or any anything else I need to have handy.

I don’t remember if my assignments of “translate” camera are still default, but try to use arrows and alt-arrows. It this won’t work check the key assignments for camera translation.
With side displays set at angle you will have some distortions, check this:

1070ti as well, getting 45fps in high on 2560x1080p fullscreen 1 screen, but dropping to 22-26 fps same settings but windowed 3 screens (2x 16:9 1080p + 1x 21:9 1080p). It would indeeed be nice to have something to get a fullscreen option with multiple monitors withi minimal effects on the distorsion and performances

1 Like

I really hope that the game developers will soon add the ability to customize 3 monitors in the game. It remains only to wait and hope.

1 Like

The date Asobo specified for triple display support is 2021-2022, not very soon :frowning:

1 Like

Where can I find information about 3 monitors from Asobo?

1 Like

Feedback snapshot, top wishes

In the meantime consider this as a workaround:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/585276-realistic-field-of-view-fov-and-3-display-distortion/

OK I am impressed! How did you make this happen!!! I also run triples 5760x1080 on an RTX3080

1 Like

I guess this video is presenting static images on the 3 screens, as a feature request towards Asobo.

These are 3 screenshots taken from different angles of the camera in the cockpit. I made the video in the hope that Asobo will speed up the approach of the release date of the three-monitor adjustment function.

1 Like

Probably the biggest thing we can do to accelerate the Asobo 3 monitor feature is to vote. The recent video from MS and Asobo had the list of feature requests in order of vote count. 3 screens was third, I believe.

I don’t think the pay much attention to the feature request votes. During the last Q&A session on the Twitch they were a bit unprepared to answer a question regarding multi monitor support. Apparently they follow their own business priorities (XBOX not supporting multiple displays probably).

where is the link to access the votes please?

Multiple screens functionality - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

How do I fix this flat stretching of the main screen do I change resolution or downscale or should I use different monitors instead of tv 3x32" tv’s at 5760x1080p using Nvidia surround