https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/585276-realistic-field-of-view-fov-and-3-display-distortion/
The main conclusion - to cancel the perceived distortion at the edges of side displays, you must set all displays in one flat row instead of setting them at angle. This is how the MFS projection works. This way the perspective will cancel the distortion (see the proof in the post above).
Of course all 3 dispalys must have the same apparent size of the displayed view - if the dispaly size is the same the resoultion muist be also the same. If the size is different, the resolution must be adapted proportionally.
The latest I was able to find was this YouTube update. Interesting comments on the absurdity of taking so long with multi monitor support but we can hope to see it sometime this year? https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/IKggUQMfYn8
I also hope this year, but it will not be in SU10. 
The issue for me is not necessarily how soon it takes to arrive but how optimised for performance it will prove to be.
I’m hoping that when it finally does come it won’t be a half hearted effort just to tick a headline feature list like VR originally was (and then wait a year or so for a meaningful update).
“but how optimised for performance it will prove to be.” Let’s hope it is not a tick on a feature. Given how long it has taken and the delays, they have had plenty of time to do it right.
One large step forward. SU10 beta now supports multi monitors.
freddiehsu, that is great news! When might this be in a general release?
CRU looks promising.
Does that mean I could mix one 39in HD TV and two 24in HD monitors, all Samsung. Obviously the TV will have chunky pixels.
I have a collection of a dozen monitors, but not 3 of any one!
Not really. Not as implemented so far. There is only one zoom slider for all monitors. See comments on the video. And comments in this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/w7e41x/msfs_grew_up_at_last_to_support_multiple_monitors/
Finally after 2 years … This multi-screen support is here !
I’m testing it on Beta, and it works well on triple monitors without significant FPS loss.
Note that it can work on X screens and not only 3, and don’t need third-party app (like NVidia surround) as it uses three separate tweakable views (with horizontal / vertical / roll settings to adapt to your configuration)
Wakeup and read what all users on this forum has written about Asobo’s multi monitor support.
You mean like whining or telling it won’t be on SU10 ?
You do need a setup that fits the limited ways you can config your views, though. Still, seems like a nice start.
I’m on the beta with 3 x 40" @1080p. It’s not a perfect solution, but its 1000 % better than one monitor stretched over 3!
For me it has transformed the Sim to another level.. could it be better… yes, but still..it’s a WOW for me.
No appreciable fps loss on my system, after tweaking my settings a little.
Is anyone else experimenting road traffic only displayed on one monitor ? I only see traffic on the left monitor on my configuration. Weird.
I’ve posted elsewhere and contacted zendesk about the ungrouping of pop out screens and the FPS hit on my poor Nvidia 2080S. I’ve got three 27” monitors as my main monitor and four small pop-outs all running via USB graphic adapters. My FPS have never been great with this load but do-able. After Asobo un-grouped the pop-outs, my (and many others) have had FPS hits that have made the sim unuseable. I’ve seen my FPS drop to 3.
My workaround for this mess is to reduce the resolution of my main monitors from 7680x1440 to 4098x768. As you can imagine, I can have all my pop-out screens and still have an FPS in the 50’s. Downside of course is that everything on my main monitors looks like ■■■■.
Is there a way to get some decent “in-between” resolution? I get that with this pop-out issue 7680x1440 is too much for my GPU but 4098x768 is just too poor of a resolution for this sim.
@DaddyGuava
Try set it back to former resolution and instead just lower terrain resolution general setting to medium. And then restart the sim (as required)
When restarted the sim seei if performance is better.
See if this works for you
Regards
Sebastiaan
Do you mean Terrain Level of Detail? I’ll try lowering that to medium and let you know. Thanks for the reply.