Two Spitfires incoming?

I bought mine direct yesterday - and news Justin - if you have Discord and go to the UK simmers section, they have a voice channel exclusively for the spitfire.

1 Like

First impressions??

Very good - looks accurate inside and out and flies like the best of them from previous sims. In real life it is akward on the ground but I thought a bit too springy and soft in the U/C. So I tweaked the cfg file after measuring restoration photos and 3 views and have a better (I think) job - perhaps not quite enough P effect and torque swing on takeoff. It was also a tiny bit slow with too much (I guess) lift from the 85 deg split flap which is way more of an airbrake than lift device. Throttle response good, handling good but a bit more aileron response needed, stall = spin at first to right but then to left (on mine anyway) and becomes stable in it like the real thing - recovery also realistic (from pilots stories I have read). I tweaked the above very slightly too. Now excellent. easy to land if curved fighter aproach is used. And I have seen several others in the sim - woo hoo.

1 Like
2 Likes

Sure is pretty!

I think youā€™ll find that that is a replica. G-IRTY is still taking to the skies. A replica was also on display at Goodwood for a membersā€™ event.

I thought they were doing Mk Ia. hmmm

CouldnĀ“t even look/hear the complete video because of the soundā€¦

The FlyingIron one has such a beautyfull noise especially when using the outside-views. ā€¦

BTW: If this one is released even one day before their DC-3, it appears to me as a marketing-failā€¦

Second Spit in these early days of MSFS, same with the 2 Pipers from Carenado and JF:

There are so many options for other planes these days, why release those things double ?

The time for enjoying the small differences between different tyxpes of a Spit will come early enough, when Hurricanes, Typhoons, Mustangs, Jugs, Lightningsā€¦ are once done.

SloMo

Uh ohā€¦ Donald Duck nose art? If that isnā€™t licensed from the ā€œMouse Houseā€ there might be trouble.

And thereā€™s the T-45 Goshawk and an upcoming BAE Hawk. Sure thereā€™s differences, but they are closer to twins or at least siblings than cousins.

It does give choices of a sort and does allow for scrutinizing the differences in types and also execution of the simulated aircraft. Perhaps differing price points, etc.

So, any comparisons? How they different?

Maybe Iā€™ve just lost track, but I donā€™t think Aeroplane Heaven has released theirs yet? Probably soon, the preview video of it above looks pretty polished at a glance!

Nope. Hasnā€™t been released yet.

Is it me or flying ironā€™s interior look better? The gauges look kind of strange?? Maybe too new and clean? The exterior looks great though. After seeing Milviz Corsairā€™s exterior I think the bar has been raised once again. We will soon find out about the flight model.

1 Like

These were exactly my thoughts as well. And some textures around the cockpit look pretty low res. According to Aeroplane Heaven this will not change on the final release. They needed to ā€œconserveā€ memory for the high resolution textures on the instruments and itā€™s not possible otherwise in the sim at this point. Once more a developer who blames the SDK.

I asked him why other cockpits (FlyingIron Mk. IX, Mb339) could do it without the low res textures. His answer? He disagrees on those other cockpits. Whatever that means.

You can read the whole conversation in the comments below the video. Of course Iā€™ll give him the benefit of a doubt. Canā€™t really judge texture quality by a youtube video.

On another comment he pointed out they are going for a ā€œnewerā€ look with the instruments instead of the weathered look we would like to see. But then I donā€™t get all the wear and tear around the cockpit.

Iā€™m really curious what reviewers will say about the textures. Seems like the system modelling is deeper than on the FlyingIron one. But the Milviz Corsair is around the corner too. In the end it will all be a question of pricing I guess. :wink:

1 Like

AH and MV have fairly similar pricing. If I were to guess, AH will be about $40. Milviz? Probably $50.

Didnā€™t know about the AH pricing but my guess would be the same with the Corsair. Maybe even $60.

Whatā€™s your opinion about the textures and steam gauges you see in this video? Since you own every plane in this sim your opinion weighs more than others. Iā€™m just a bit surprised the developer thinks itā€™s all fineā€¦

Well, itā€™s a little incongruent with the rest of the cockpit. They are a little too shiny for my taste, but if thatā€™s the worst of the issues, I can definitely live with that. AH makes good quality stuff. I only own their Globe GC-1 Swift for P3D, but that one is really nicely done. I would have bought their DC-3 for P3D already, but since the one for MSFS is very close, Iā€™d rather wait for that version. They have a few other aircraft I may pick up for P3D though.

To be honest, the gauges could be better on that Spit, but like I saidā€¦ I can live with that. Everything else seems to be really nice from that video and the level of simulation seems to be even higher fidelity than that of Flying Iron, which I think is excellent. When A2A gets THEIR Spitfire into MSFS, that one will undoubtedly be the definitive version to fly. They just go way above and beyond everyone else when it comes toā€¦ everything. :wink:

1 Like

I agree, the important thing is how she flies. And I forgot about the A2A version. :sweat_smile: I see expensive weeks comingā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like