Unable to sync your data with the cloud... (after a reinstall)

with me the same had MSFS also still on a second computer which I have updated only today also there everything is reset all log entries are no longer available.
the Microsoft / Zendesk backup is the only option left, but I don’t think they have one.

1 Like

OK, I got the Gaming Service update and now MSFS is running again. I could select a cloud save backup on restart, but looks like most of my controller settings (edit: it was indeed all of my controls… spent quite a bit time to fix them yesterday) and all my history (luckily nowhere near the amount of hours with some here!) is gone. Bollocks.

2 Likes

Again out of nowhere, making a 4-hour flight, the simulator closes and simply DELETED EVERYTHING!

Microsoft / Asobo is missing one more!

It can’t be that way, the other simulators don’t have this insoluble problem that microsoft doesn’t give a ■■■■!

I’ve tried the above fixes, and thanks to everyone who has suggested to try these, but it doesn’t work for me either. I submitted a support ticket around 2 weeks ago and haven’t even had an acknowledgement from them.
I paid for the top package thinking it would be good to supoprt them and I wish I hadn’t wasted my money. It’s been plagued by problem after problem. For me the day it was released it worked fine, and any release they fix a problem they seem to create another.

Hey there,

Have MS patched Gaming Services yet? I am still running the older version you shared (with auto updates disabled)

Hi icaruza,
Yes it was patched long time ago

Hey Bear,
Thanks for the feedback.

Today I got the dreaded “we are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment” message and having viewed the topic I am not clear if the only solution is to do a full reinstall of the sim which sounds a nightmare or is there another solution? The game had been running fine after all the recent updates to date until today and am at a loss at to why this happened or whether this is an external issue with cloud? Any thoughts/help would be very much appreciated.

@DuckiestStraw0 how did your sync issue turn out?

You shouldn’t need a reinstall though

I just purchased Flight SIm 2020 Premium Deluxe. I cannot get past this error on a clean install. Choosing “Play Offline” gets me this error:

“Access to content servers is currently unavailable”

ARE THEY RELATED?

MS store ver.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016892819-Access-to-the-content-servers-is-currently-unavailable-error-message-Microsoft-Store-version-

Steam ver.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019374100-Access-to-the-content-servers-is-currently-unavailable-error-message-Steam-Version-

Hi all together,

I had the same problem after updating my emailadress for my windows account.

I found the solution, it’s quite easy.

Download x box companion app for windows. Ignore the information that new apps are available. Log out and log in again.

No problems with msfs 2020 anymore. Cloud sync works. Then updates.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Dirk

Edit:
I also tried the xbox app. Log out and in. This didn’t work. So I used the older xbox companion app which worked finally.

This fixed it for me!!

Part 3 is the money maker. I clicked on “Fix it”, then it came back with a message like, “Microsoft thinks it fixed the error”. I clicked on the connection text again, and it came back clean. I restarted my computer and Flight Sim ran with no errors.

Thanks a ton

Suddenly having the same issue. I’ve done extensive troubleshooting and can get the main game to download on a fresh reinstall but only of i quick fast as lightning hit cancel synchronization. Otherwise it immediately crashes to desktop before I can even download the actual game and even after downloading it will crash again if o close and restart

Your request (#129867)

i have to keep assigning keybidings EVERY TIME i start msfs 2020 …wont save my settings…WHY!!!

1 Like

So, I had this error for two days now. I’ve pretty much tried everything mentioned here. Nothing really worked. What did actually work was just closing the window by clicking the red x on the top right. So if anyone has this problem as well, you might wanna try to just ignore it and close the window.

I have the same problem since today after a new installation, the synchronization was not possible, after a few tries it worked… but now my whole loogbock my flying hours and everything is deleted… after that i reinstalled the sim again because i couldn’t believe it, unfortunately without success. But as if that wasn’t enough, my community folder and all other files are suddenly locked now, no clue why… i can’t move or delete anything anymore… can someone please help me, i have no idea what to do

@DGltzl I am sorry to read about this.
i did find a previous topic on the same issue and re-opened it and moved it to #self-service:install-performance-graphics

The thread is: Community Folder items cannot be copied or removed

Hopefully there may be something of use in that thread, or you can continue the conversation there in case others are able to provide more assistance.

I hope the issue gets resolved.

Same issues here. Seriously looking at a more stable sim.

Same here as well.