Update Today 31/01/2021?

Yes. It is now a very simple 15 step process:

1. Start Microsoft Flight Simulator
  2. Wait to receive a message saying an MS Store Update is required
  3. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  4. Open Microsoft Store and check for Flight Simulator Updates
  5. Verify that there is no update in the Microsoft Store. This is normal.
  6. Start Microsoft Games Studio Xbox for Windows Game Bar
  7. Log out of your XBox User Account but not your MS Store Account.
  8. Reboot your computer.
  9. Wait 15 minutes after rebooting
  10. Open Microsoft Games Studio Xbox for Windows Game Bar
  11. Download a 1 GB update inside of the Microsoft Store
  12. Start Flight Simulator
  13. Download a 20 to 120 gb update in Flight Simulator
  14. Open Content Manager and download another 50 gb update
  15. Begin your flight over Australia!
4 Likes

Zulu doesn’t change with daylight saving, but your local time zone jurisdiction does - so the offset to Zulu changes. If that makes sense?

See here, for example:

Weather observations around the world (including surface, radar, and other observations) are always taken with respect to a standard time. By convention, the world’s weather communities use a twenty four hour clock, similar to “military” time based on the 0° longitude meridian, also known as the Greenwich meridian.

Prior to 1972, this time was called Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) but is now referred to as Coordinated Universal Time or Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). It is a coordinated time scale, maintained by the Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (BIPM). It is also known as “Z time” or “Zulu Time”.

To obtain your local time here in the United States, you need to subtract a certain number of hours from UTC depending on how many time zones you are away from Greenwich (England). The table below shows the standard difference from UTC time to local time.

The switch to daylight saving time does not affect UTC. It refers to time on the zero or Greenwich meridian, which is not adjusted to reflect changes either to or from Daylight Saving Time.

However, you need to know what happens during daylight saving time in the United States. In short, the local time is advanced one hour during daylight saving time. As an example, the Eastern Time zone difference from UTC is -4 hours during daylight saving time rather than -5 hours as it is during standard time.

What is UTC or GMT Time?.

1 Like

Maybe on 31/01/2022 :grinning:

No, it is much earlier.
Normally an update arrives on Tuesday 1700Z
Monday 2100Z is a few seconds ( 72K seconds, to be precise) earlier :nerd_face:

1 Like

Somewhat true as in the past I hope not?

Ow. You (and every other summer) simply MUST subscribe to the Community / news and announcements section :grinning::+1:

1 Like

More likely due to an attack by a drop bear! :shushing_face:

1 Like

See here:

Also, so you don’t miss these in future, if you go to the News and Announcements category, you can click on the little bell icon top right and choose to be automatically notified every time there is an official announcement
which is very handy indeed

1 Like

Wait, you forgot the press any key loop which would add some five more stepsđŸ€Ł

And you need to insert another step between every step in your list called “Swear a lot”

Lol! It’s 1 pm, not 3. You had me second guessing myself so I Googled it. 2100 GMT = 1 pm PST. 10 minutes! Cheers

1 Like

I really wonder how long it will take this time until someone will post: is it up already, I still see nothing here. And start complaining about download speed, complex install, etc.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Are we there yet??

Still 4 minutes to go by my cesium atomic clock

1 Like

OMG I did it again.2100-8=13
1300 is 1:00 PM
I really do need to go back to school!
Thanks again

3 Likes

Just around the corner

1 Like

let’s get ready

That’s easy!

2 Likes

The WU7 will drop (bear) in (down) under 1 minute!!!

Have fun all!!!

3 Likes

Oh wow it’s here, I’ve doubled my FPS, and the graphics are soooo buttery smooth

5 Likes

Keep it on topic folks. Too many bored and non-constructive posts here.

1 Like