Washed out graphics post SU5

Another little feature… look at the halo of light around the cargo door and lack of detail in the wing which is washed out

3 Likes

Well, I am done buying stuff for the Sim, including 3rd party items. Lets see how quickly those guys that can only afford an Xbox and a few games, much less Flight Gear, they dump the Sim. After they get their little taste of it, they will find it boring and move on.

I understand, and believe me, I tried all the tricks already and NOTHING will change they way things work and look right now, and when I re-watched the interview of Asobo Prog director yesterday, when they asked him about about how they managed to get the FPS so high on the PC and he started laughing and laughing, NEVER LOOKING INTO THE CAMERA, yuck!..I certainly wouldn’t buy a used car from a guy like him.

1 Like

Did you reduce gamma using the nVidia Control Panel? I found that changing it from 1.0 to 0.7 considerably improved the overexposure issue.

Much too over exposed and bright, in certain lighting conditions the graphics look cartoon like. We need the option to adjust colour saturation and exposure!

1 Like

Definitely lesser contrast, more washed out look, if not a tad overexposed. I think all these are for the sake of Xbox users.

We’ve all experienced hazy days — but not EVERY day.

Washed out graphics are being addressed:

4 Likes

Today, I started at KLAX; airport detail reasonable good for the poor graphics of last. Took off in Longitude towards the west; climbed to 3,000 feet went north, then east, then south, around all of the city; turned back west; lined up on RW25. At three miles out, there were no visible runways from 2,000 feet up, only poorly drawn grey areas. And then the program crashed. Re-started and tried same thing. Same result. That’s when I remembered the definition of insanity was to try the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

1 Like

i just fly at dusk and everything looks way better

This is actually an unfair comparison since the AI that drives the generation of ground vehicles is parsed through Bing map data every month or so. So, this will not be the same everytime.

Those are not vehicles, Pls zoom in the pic :joy:

Houses, whatever, they are still bound to the AI algorithm (unless they are a POI).

Notice the blue “haze” and lack of clouds in the distance in the SU5 picture… This actually looks better than what I am seeing on my sim.

Last post from me for now as I am very pleased and re-assured to see MS will shortly release a hotfix for many of the issues noted in the community.

Until then, I applied the fixes recommended by @easyjetsimpilot in his youtube video including LOD from 2.0 to 5.0 for both scenery and objects and the adjustments I made previously for vibrancy and brightness in the nvidia filters.

This now looks much better to the point I can live with it for a few more days. For me - my frame rate was not hurt greatly by all of these - I probably lost between 5 and 10 depending where I was but as I have mine capped at 45 to minimise GPU heat I hardly ever see it below that other than busy airports where it’s around 30-35 which is good enough for me.

OK - applied the .15 hotfix and it was certainly much improved visually at first glance (with all my config changes removed). With the render at 70% on 4K and Ultra preset selected my frame rates were not noticeably impacted. External colour and brightness was better and scenery was better from high altitude.

Need some more time to be 100% certain about brightness inside cockpits - the change in visibility of instruments when adjusting the view between head up and down is very high and often results in the instruments being hard to read. I don’t remember it like that in SU4 but there’s no way to run that any more.

Issues I still notice are cloud edges looking wrong - I see banding when looking at thin clouds at the edge - core clouds look good aside from that. Also the airport history is still not updating.

I assume the rest of the issues noted on Jayne’s update pre hotfix 2 will be rolled into WU5 and I’m fine with that - this was a significant improvement and I feel better overall now.

1 Like

Great news! I still can’t try the latest hotfix, really curious about that inside/outside the cockpit change of brightness effect. Please share your results if you do any more, thanks!

This issue was resolved in a recent hot fix.