We need a HOTFIX for CTDs - Sim Update 5

Add me to the growing number of people with CTDs. Prior to this update, and since owning the game since December 2020, I only had 1 CTD. After SU5 I was fine until after the hotfix. Tonight I have already had two.

And I really haven’t flown that much today.

I too am starting to feel the frustration of this SU5 update.

I’m starting to notice more and more the thing which have been broken by the update. The degradation of graphics is really starting to annoy me.

I can now understand why people are so upset about this update!

Update: I tried flying again this morning and got two more CTDs and left the sim shut down.

3 Likes

Hello,

I didn’t had time to fly in 3 months, now I have bought a reverb G2 to start flying again … and had big hope on the sim update 5 .

Now I have only CTDs, also with hotfix … what a great way to start flying again …

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
32 Gb of RAM
RTX 3070

Have a nice day.

Same here. Constant ctf on su5 plus fix

I think I found something for me, deleting the rolling cache seems to be effective, I was able to start 6 flights without CTD.

Edit: just had a CTD … :nauseated_face:

Try to delete content.xml UserCfg.Opt and both manual and rolling cache.
The first two files are recreated by the game so it’s harmless.
Apologies in advance if you have already done it, just trying to be helpful.

2 Likes

I’m gonna try thank you.

1 Like

The first two files are located here:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

1 Like

i think everyone is getting this issue. Please upvote this!

Before hotfix had 6 crashes in same evening. After hotfix I did 6 flights and no ctd and 3 were in vr all fine. I did see no internet connection 3 times towards the end of the evening when the Americans start playing more. So maybe its the content servers giving the issue. I have 10700 with 3060ti and oculus quest 2 no community plugins no overclock. If its cdn issues then will improve.

1 Like

It seems to be efficient to delete these 2 files and cleaning the rolling cache.

1 Like

I had also the CTDs and I just solved it indeed by removing Content.xml as well as rolling cache again.

But I also checked the “SimObjects” folder at the same location and found some files related to liveries from FBW A32nx mod which should not be there.

I removed from there all files non-related to the base aircraft of the sim and I restarted my pc.

On the next try, all went perfectly well and I’m not experiencing any CTD anymore.

I hope this could help you!

1 Like

Because we’ve paid them millions when we bought the game so they should sort it out. Can’t stand you people defending the developers like they’re making the game out of the goodness of their hearts. They’ve pocketed millions from us so the least they can do IS MAKE IT WORK.

4 Likes

Cool rant. I hope it made you feel better. By the way, do you have any idea what “the guys are running low” means in this context?

Glad if it helped.
It should be done programmatically though.

We really need a Update and Hotfix! since the the new update 5 I am encountering a lot of issues! : Airports CTD ! Blurry sceneries ! ex: the Sestri and nice sceneries are blurry! and some regions are not.

1 Like

I found out how to turn off the glowing knobs!
Mouse set to “Legacy”

1 Like

i think its maybe better for you to stop gaming altogether.

Installed the 18.1.14.0 update from the weekend and it seems overall more stable though A320nx (Dev Version Updated 2nd August) still a no go CTD where it suaully happens during loading screen.

As for the FBW A320NX (Dev) I get random CTD when loading into a flight.
But just earlier today, I refused to accept it and restarted the sim and started the exact same scenario and it loaded instantly. I completed a full 2hrs flight then.

So whatever is causing this CTD it is inconsistent.
I was on Preset weather, no live traffic and no multiplayer.
So I can rule out any of these.
And as everything else was exactly the same on both attempts ( location, time, weather, aircraft, settings) it looks more that the reason for the CTD goes much deeper and probably is linked to the CPU / RAM “optimization”…

1 Like

For all people having CTD I suggest to take a look at this forum. Don’t lose your faith!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crash-to-desktop-without-error-message/