Weather Settings- Programmable Cloud Types (Cirrus, Stratus, Cumulus, etc.)

I would like to see in the weather settings the ability to set a specific cloud type. For example, I would like a stratus layer at 1000ft with cumulus above at 8000ft and cirrus at 25000ft.

Coverage and Scatter are very strange ways to create your own preset cloud layers.

I’m with you. Set a cloud type, a cloud base height, a cloud top height and number of oktas (or a percentage if you must) and some randomness in that.

And also visibility/RVR slider. Its basically impossible to do set the weather to your minimums.

3 Likes

Existing default presets are like broken, overcast, rain, snow, etc… but not by cloud types. I think it would be nice to have new presets by cloud types to show that the weather engine is capable of depicting correctly each one of them, since the sim is supposed to support natively all cloud types.
Low: Cumulus/Stratus/Stratocumulus
Medium: Altocumulus/Altostratus
High: Cirrus/Cirrostratus/Cirrocumulus
+Nimbostratus/Cumulonimbus

These topics asking for specific cloud types haven’t had any interaction for several months and low votes. Unless that changes soon it would seem that clouds will get much less attention from devs in the future.

1. Cirrus clouds
  2. Morning Glory clouds
  3. Pyrocumulonimbus
  4. Stratus clouds
  5. Where are the cumulonimbus clouds?
3 Likes