What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Flew the dc6 from CYYT to CCH4

1 Like

Did a manual VFR flight from John Wayne / Orange County (KSNA) to Santa Monica (KSMO), crossing directly over Los Angeles International (KLAX) following the “Los Angeles Special Flight Rules Area” guidelines for VFR aircraft.

In real life you’d have to tune into the LAX tower and get permission; the sim doesn’t implement this little quirk of FAA world :wink: so I just stayed on flight following. It was a clear day; windy but consistent, and made for a lovely little trip up the coast in the Flight Design CTSL, which remains one of my favorites for VFR.

(If you can’t live without an autopilot on the CTSL, there’s a mod out there that upgrades the little Aero GPS unit to a fake G3X. You can control autopilot on screen – in zoom! — or via bindings.)

Feels weird to just fly over LAX roughly mid-field! But hey, that’s where the landing/taking off planes aren’t as long as you’re at the correct altitude. :wink:

Dangit, now that I check I was not at the right altitude. :smiley:

3 Likes

Enroute KJFK-KORD traffic going the opposite direction.

6 Likes

Did a long endurance flight with the dc6 from CCH4 to CYFB to reach where I started the Canada DC6

We have one more day until November starts up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Back to flying the FBW A320 after a break from airliners

7 Likes

I flew a de-brief flight to 8A3 Livingston. Unfortunately the winds had me land 21… RWY 3 is over the plateau and is AMAZING. Regardless, it was an awesome flight and here are the obligatory “Real life -vs- Sim” shots.
8A3 SHORT FINAL 21-IRL
8A3 SHORT FINAL 21-1

14 Likes

just finished my longest trip in caravan, 714nm UHSS → UHPP in 4 hour rush at 18000feet , would like to reach USA / alaska beforer tomorow

5 Likes

A great 4h40m flight from Napa, CA (KAPC) to Teterboro, NJ (KTEB) in our beloved Longitude, on our way to Milan! Sim remains stable since the driver rollback, and we shot the ILS to runway 06 in a GORGEOUS fall evening. No wind, clear skies, and lovely night visuals, with a butter landing to boot! Welcome to Teterboro!

YT link to approach and landing…

4 Likes

Flight #1: EICK (Cork) via EIDW (Dublin) to EGAA (Belfast Aldergrove)

Taking off from EICK RW 16 …

passing Cork …

overflying Dublin International, …

approaching EGAA RWY 25 …

and taxiing to the GA apron.

3 Likes

Flight #2: KPSP (Palm Springs International) via L35 (Big Bear City) to KSMO (Santa Monica Municipal)

Leaving KPSP via RWY 31L …

approaching Big Bear Lake …

for a quick landing at L35.

Heading east towards San Bernadino …

passing the Autoclub Speedway …

the Dodger Stadium …

Century City …

and finally landing on KSMO RWY 03

6 Likes

Was playing around a bit:

End of the morning trip with the german horde at Aspen:

Having a look at the “Beautiness” of Paris

3 Likes

I went hiking with my son to Awaji Island.
The back seat of the welfare vehicle has a wonderful view when the window is open.
It will be winter soon.

4 Likes

Flew CYFB to CYDF in the default 787 10

1 Like

remaking the scenery that i made on top of mount everest :grin:

5 Likes

Few days ago, but: testing stuff :slight_smile:

Only 3 more!

5 Likes

O46 (Weed, California) to KTVL (South Lake Tahoe) in the B36

Mt Shasta

Tahoe

4 Likes

Spend couple hours helping test a livery and a little flying with the Goose

4 Likes

I celebrated the 10.000th reply to this topic. Here’s a slice of :pizza:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2).

congrats for the 10k post :partying_face:

16 Likes