What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Great video…what app do you use to edit?

I took a break from flight sim on large machines to explore what the new Ipad Pro (2021) can do for pad flight simming. Aerofly fs 2021 looks the best by day; Xplane mobile is at its best at night (there are city lights in xplane mobile). These programs like to crash on small older ipads. Now I am running crash free.

Have fun.

1 Like

Well, you can cheat and refuel in flight from the top menu bar.

LOL so you fly the plane by tilting of the pad ? Have you tried helicopters already… Some years ago I tried to win a EA race (cars) against someone who used an I-pad to steer, throttle and break… impossible to beat !

I quit using it due to ■■■■ framerates.

thanks. Filmora. It was my first day using it, which is why the video is a bit… off. I played with the text feature a few times to see what it could do… I actually signed up to an open source music database so it was more interesting, and found the typical… “now just pay $XXX”, so we get the sweet sound of the LEAP turbines instead.

No tilting the ipad. The Xbox controller works fine. Wireless controller is required for ipad, it does “go to sleep” during the flight but is easy to wake up before landing. Just keep it plugged in to charging power.

1 Like

Started working on my own steam gauges for Axis and Ohs by making a new Airspeed Indicator Gauge in a ‘used look’. The right one of the two Airspeed Indicators.
Well it works in principle, but needs some fine tuning, lol.

1 Like

CubCrafters over New York Harbor - if ATC was better built, I’m sure I’d have a fun time insisting on launching out of LaGuardia and disrupting the constant flow of commercial jet traffic. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No actual flying, but I studied Alaska sectional charts on skyvector.com to figure out how I’m going to get the Piper Arrow I leased in FSEconomy from Tatitlek back down to the more familiar civilization of the Pacific Northwest. Looks like my first leg will take me to Yakutat, then Sitka for the second leg, and Prince Rupert, BC for the third leg.

1 Like

East of MPMG / Panama city. Live weather.

Super cool cloud formations. Felt like I was 1000 feet below the ground in Carlsbad caverns.

6 Likes

Seen on my I-95 Cross-Country Miami FL to Houlton ME:

Space Coast Trifecta - Titusville in the foreground, Merritt Island Causeway and the 15,000’ Shuttle Landing Strip (SLS) and Bonus NASA launch pads on the far horizon:

Daytona Trifecta - the airport, international Speedway and the popular Spring Break Beach:

5 Likes

Found some giraffe on my world tour today. Nice feature Asobo/MS.

7 Likes

Flew an OnAir mission around New York State. Had to drop off three passengers, one at each of three separate airports. First leg fine. Second leg CTD. Sigh. Reboot and fly again. CTD. Sigh. Exited and went to forums to express my vexation. Vowed not to bother logging in again today however saw a suggestion to modify the size of the swapfile in virtual memory. Went ahead and did it logged in and tried flying second leg again. Success! Now I’m sitting here trying to decide whether or not to attempt flying the final leg.

This game is like crack, ■■■■ those developers.

1 Like

Well it’s still morning but I already have a video or 2 to share as far as what I did this morning.

- YouTube

@TheFlyingFabio

Today I flyed VFR with C152 from Campinas (SBKP) to Jundiaí (SBJD), in Brazil. I decided to get out of the routine of commercial flights on ivao.
Campinas one of the biggest cargo hub in Brazil, and also the hub of Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras, a wonderful company elected the best airline in economic class of the world.
Jundiaí is a small airport situated on the east, in the middle of Sao Paulo capital and Campinas. Is mostly used for pilots training and general aviation, in the past this airport have received many commercial flights, but today only the C208 Caravan of Azul Conecta and others small airlines with this type of aircraft.
I confess that this experience was excellent, I flown up the Bandeirantes highway, the fastest highway on Brazil, there 130km/h is allowed for cars. The views was excellent, with the mountains on the sides and a lot of rivers.

3 Likes

Cessna JT-A passing MCAS Beaufort, South Carolina, and an action shot because it looks cool from this angle. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Today my world tour took me to the land of elephants at Dessie Zuria, Ethiopia.

4 Likes

Hey Joyless, thanks for joining us today! We had such fun! Too bad MSFS can’t show planes you don’t have, so it looks like Moose and I are flying Bonanzas lol.

But hey, thanks for posting, and hoping to see you and everyone else in future streams, let’s goooooooooooooooooooo!

2 Likes

Took the brandnew Stearman to the Alps

and into the sunset

2 Likes