Buzzing Central Africa…

3 Likes

Guinea-Bissau exploration…

7 Likes

Papua, Indonesia

6 Likes

Caledonia

9 Likes

did a 300 nm IFR flight in the Wb C172 from LHER (near budapest) to LDRO (otocac, croatia)

then did a little vfr flight above lyon (france)

later made part of a Navigraph group flight in the Bonanza

also did KIGM to 40G in VFR following powerlines and intercepting the radial 165 of the grand canyon VOR

5 Likes

Waiting for nearly an hour to complete the WU 13 and ATR download. Then a short hop from NTTB (Motu Mute - Bora Bora) to NTTR (Uturoa)

11 Likes

Made a nice trailer video at Innsbruck ORBX airport @OrbxEd

6 Likes

Did the third leg of Micke Lange’s DA62 atlantic crossing: Ängelholm (ESTA) to Wick (EGPC):

Most of this flight was over water and though the above screenshot at the end of the flight does not look like it, the only ATC I had was Scottish control, which meant most of the 3 hours 38 minutees had little to look at and even less to listen to. The next leg will be to Keflavik, but that is even longer, i’m not sure when will I have such free time again. I’ve read that quite a few people leave the plane to the autopilot and go sleep/read/etc, but doing so would feel like having my computer work hard while not really taking part in the flight. So I sat in front of the monitor, listening to the engines’ droneing and admittedly been fidgeting my phone quite a lot…

I recorded the whole flight, but it is 4 hours long and is over 60GB, so I will need to edit it to be presentable, which takes a gazillion hours so no video link this time. Might add it later, or make a separate reply when it has a link. Until then, here’s the original Micke Lang video:

9 Likes

So, after practicing around Port Royal (Beaufort MCAS), I dared to go on a much longer flight up to NAS Oceana. Passed where US aviation was born at Nags Head. With the realistic turbulence on the Osprey was a handful, even with the autopilot. Getting better with most systems, but forgot to turn on the prop lights, realizing when almost into Norfolk. Pre WU13.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Just, you know, takin’ selfies

8 Likes

Today it was the first African flight in my channel: over the Atlas Mountains, from Taroudant (GMMO) to Marrakesh (GMMX). While planning and flying, I spotted a nice place to do a lawless flight with Vertigo. But probably a panoramic flight over Marrakesh will come first, since the approach to the airport did not go over the city. Beautiful mountain range in an interesting country. Used Marrakesh and Africa mods by adilvr.

Taroudant, also known as “Grandmother of Marrakesh” according to Wikipedia.

Arriving at the Atlas. There is an interesting valley to the East for a fast low flight.

At this point, mountains are higher than 11,500 ft. A little to the West, the Higher Atlas end abruptly.

It was a clear day (but a bit clearer when I replayed the flight for the screenshots).

Arriving at Marrakesh. I whish I understood the Arabic points of interest.

Flight path. The Atlas Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean behind at distance.

7 Likes

My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a Mini 500 and a yacht.

10 Likes

Yesterday’s DC-3 Cargo flight from TNCM to MDSD with 4000lbs of cargo, then back to TNCM with 3000lbs of cargo.
Cruising near San Juan

Descending

Approaching to MDSD

Unloading the cargo and waiting for the next batch of cargo

Departing MDSD

Cruising near San Juan again

TNCM approaching

Unloading Cargo

10 Likes

Today, my first successful attempt on Darkstar Transcontinental flight.

8 Likes

Post patch test flight from Donegal (EIDL) to Dublin (EIDW) in the Vision Jet

I had some issues, so I now removed and reinstalled navigraph and volanta (no other addons) removed and recreated the rolling cache. Hope it will help.

Full flight later here:

6 Likes

Island hopping in the new ATR.

First flight: Canary Islands. Taking off from Tenerife South (GCTS)

to La Gomera (GCGM)

and La Palma (GCLA):

Then: NZ North Island to South Island. Taking off from Wellington (NZWN)

to Nelson (NZNS):

Finally the right aircraft and the right liveries for those flights :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Flew a big motor with tiny wings and a little seat in the back through not so good weather

The landing was just short enough

7 Likes

Morningstar runs

9 Likes

Nice was just one big EasyJet nest. Maybe a KLM, BA or Air France tail sticking out here or there in a sea of Orange…

9 Likes