What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Sunday flight: Vietnam Airlines A320 from Danang (VVDN) to Phuket (VTSP)

10 Likes

Started the day with a trip from Milan to Zurich in the B787.

And ended with a nighttime flight from Zurich to Munich.

Last few flights in the 787 have been amazing. Can’t wait to see what the AAU2 improvements will bring.

7 Likes

YABA to YESP in the JMB/Got Friends Vertigo. What can I say, it’s a heavenly ride!

8 Likes

As I’ve said yesterday, I’d give AS-33 Me a try again. And it was perfect. Also tried Floyd’s hard glider setting, and it was marvelous! I was trying to create a livery with a composite texture and gave a break before the flight – what you see here is an intermediary result. The last picture is from later, when I achieved an unexpected result when successfully put the composite texture to work – and it was great!

The flight was between 89TA and 27XS, both near Houston (USA) and lasted 54:28 minutes. I arrived at my destination more than 6,000 feet above the ground level and had to waste energy with the spoiler in order to land for real life needs. I’ll certainly make a glider video on my channel soon.

Now I have to watch the video on the MFD working again, but AS-33 is really a great glider!

The thermal visualization is of great help!

Stopped climbing when I reached the base of the clouds, because I wanted a visual flight.

8,560 ft above the ground.

Wasting energy above 27XS.

Destination airfield.

Landed.

Flight path. You can see the great thermal at the lower left.

The result of adding 100% ambient occlusion into a metallic cyan. :heart_eyes:
I’ll finish it later.

8 Likes

Had a beautiful flight over the Norwegian fjords

4 Likes

Did some bus routes today

7 Likes

7 Likes

Words of encouragement found in MSFS 2020

8 Likes

Guided tour of the Junkers F13 here, the worlds first all metal plane, and continuing my journey through aviation history.
I try to fly and navigate as the original was built, here I flew from Cologne to Düsseldorf following the Rhine.

I had a garden shed once made out of a similar material, looks like corrugated tin.

The attention to detail is incredible

There is a more modern glass cockpit version, but why would you want to fly that in a period plane? Again, the steam gauge detail is fantastic.

Really like the cables attached to the steering wheel for ailerons presumably.

With the size of the wings, the plane floats. It’s off like a STOL and I end up cutting the mixture whilst airborne to get it down.

Not even halfway down the runway and look at the altitude gained already. (I took off from the grass on the right of the runway)

1919, and they’ve finally got an enclosed passenger area for a little warmth….don’t forget, every 1000’ gained is a loss of 2 degrees C

Not so for the hapless Pilot, open cockpit (windshield at least), but shivering time again. At a ground temp of 20 C at 10,000’ that is zero….+ wind chill.
1215 AD saw glass windows in churches and castles….700 years later and not in the cockpit!
(I think they needed a Union)

Really good fun aircraft. A little quick on take off, and you need the M1 as a landing strip. Cut the mixture and hit the brakes.

8 Likes

LPFR (Faro) :portugal: to EHAM (Amsterdam) :netherlands:

obraz

Travel time: 2 h 49 m / Distance flown: 1 134 NM / Airline: Transavia

10 Likes

After the first leg from post #2641 my journey continues. I flew my second VFR flight from Nelson (NZNS) to Westport (NZWS) via Motueka (NZMK).

This time the Live Weather was good, so I departed RWY 20 at Nelson in the early morning. It was a very short hop to Motueka to refill my pretty much depleted tanks with some fuel. At Motueka the Jet A-1 was much cheaper than at the big airport but it had a little surprise for me ready. :wink:

Afterwards with 200 gallons extra onboard I flew to Farewell Spit the most northern part of the South Island and then direct to Westport along the shoreline.

Takeoff RWY 20 at NZNS:

A tight right crosswind leg over the Waimea Inlet to fly the traffic pattern east of Rabbit Island and join the Bay Departure 1500ft or below:

Short final RWY 20 at NZMK. Note the high trees on the approach end and you can also see the tire marks of the periodical drag racing on the airport:

The Jet A-1 fuel station was blocked by these guys, both wouldn’t move so I had to park and refill on the grass:

Such a cozy spot at Skydive Abel Tasman in Motueka:

Departing NZMK, on the left right under the flap you can see the Nelson Aviation College:

Leaving Farewell Spit behind:

The mountains getting higher on the way south. Also note this nice plateau, would be perfect for some STOL action:

Turning final RWY 04 at NZWS:

Parked the Kodaik on the grass area behind the fuel facility according to the aerodrome operational data sheet:

Note: All pictures come directly from the VR-Headset. They are only trimmed but no post processing is added. Sometimes the edges look a bit blurry, that’s because of the Fixed Foveated Rendering option of the OpenXR Toolkit and isn’t visible in the headset.

I’m not a real pilot and all my knowledge I learned by myself, but I try my best to follow all real procedures as well as possible. So, if you have tips or found some errors in my flights or procedures please let me know so I can get better.

12 Likes

Did a short flight in the FBW A320

6 Likes

12 Likes

TRIED REPLAY FEATURE

Wanting to view your hover-taxi in a heli, or your landing in a fixed wing aircraft is right up there with wanting to land without triggering a crash notification. I’m at about 20 hours into learning my way around MSFS and my three favorite MSFS aircraft - the canard pusher IndiaFoxtEcho LongEZ, the Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter, and the $400k rich fisherman’s escape mobile the ICON A5. The time has come to learn how to assess how I’m doing and learn the MSFS way of replay.

I read through the guide and got totally confused. I watched the great youtube:

Then enabled the Replay Tool and set up to record a pattern (non-USA: “circuit”) flight.

My first attempt I forgot to press record, but just as well because the system was stuttering terribly for some reason.

Next I setup at my usual uncontrolled airport KLNA Lantana Florida. Looking out my window some 10 miles from the airport I’m seeing clouds and sun, but MSFS was modeling overcast, a light rain, with a 500 foot ceiling. Not a problem, I just want to record something to replay.

I started the recording, did a pattern, stopped the recording, and here ready to review my flight:

I hit play on the recording, then paused it immediately. Next I switched to external view, started the Camera Recording, and unpaused the replay.

I managed the camera track using keyboard shift-arrow-keys and switched views with my cockpit-view button and the external view button on my joystick - through the whole replay till back on the ground parked.
(It is possible to record multiple “camera takes” of specific segments as well, but I just wanted to review my flight from outside.)

Here is the “Track 1 - Actual Flight Camera” at one spot:

and the “Track 2 - Replay Camera” I recorded at that point (as part of recording during the replay):

There is one very crazy thing about the replay tool - Don’t hit the stop button while the plane is in the air! You are not returned to the before-replay state, you are in the air and the instructor just said “your plane”! So if you want to stop reviewing in the middle of the replay: pause, drag the replay slider to a point parked on the ground, then stop the replay.

This is pressing stop when not on the ground:

To recover from that one, I pressed play, pause, then ran the slider to the end and pressed stop safely.

(On a prior attempt to use the tool, I recorded a takeoff and stopped the recording once I was airborne. I saved the replay and exited MSFS. Later, I loaded the recorded replay and hit play thinking the bird would be started as part of the replay. It didn’t start the bird, but it was replaying the flight just fine until it reached the end where I stopped recording (mid-air). When the replay reached the end of the recorded flight, I was treated to a suicide view falling from 500 feet till MSFS announced I was dead. Lesson: Don’t stop recording a future replay in the air, and don’t mess with replay until your heli’s governor takes over.)

Opinion: This tool is overly complex and causes stuttering on the original flight while recording.

Next to investigate SkyDolly.

#replay-tool #guimbal-cabri-g2

3 Likes

Air Corsica (not the livery) route on ATR 42-600, Nice-Figari

14 Likes

Kobe Bean Bryant basketball court, Naples Italy. I love flying over photogrammetry cities and finding gems like this organically. I never have the interest markers on because finding stuff when you’re not expecting to, is extra fun for me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa (EPGD) - Kraków John Paul II (EPKK) in the HondaJet

Despite staying inside Poland, this flight got as long as my usual ones, first because Poland is that big, second because I had quite some nosewind for the whole flight. As for the landing, I was concentrating on landing on the center line and messed it up vertically so I bounced… And I didn’t even manage to land on the center line either :roll_eyes:

full story here:

6 Likes

Today I decided to explore the USA, flying with Southwest airlines, travelling from New York (KLGA) to Houston (KHOU).

Distance flown: 1 398 NM, time: 3 h 34 m, big queue for the runway :exploding_head:

17 Likes

Back to MSFS after long time. I refreshed skills with C172 flying in Canada. Bella Coola (CYBD) :airplane: Campbell River (CYBL).

9 Likes

South Florida Sight Seeing

The wife and I like to go birding and bicycling at Riverbend Park in Jupiter Florida, so today’s flight was taking the Cabri G2 heli from Lantana KLNA, north up the coast and intra-coastal waterway, to Riverbend Park and landing at 06FA the Sikorsky company test center.

Shortly after takeoff passing the Lake Worth water tower:

Then on past Roger Dean Stadium, home of lots of baseball’s Spring training games:

Rounding my favorite spot to sit comfortably to watch birds - Cow Pen Lake at Riverbend Park:

Something strange happened on approach to 06FA Gwinn airport, my keyboard mapping changed and “v” would not bring up the VFR Map. I tried putting my computer to sleep last night and upon waking it this morning the joystick was not found until I unplugged and replugged it; apparently the keyboard map changed somehow.

7 Likes