What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Yesterday I flew from Bahrain Itnl (BAH/OBBI) - Dubai Intl (DXB/OMDB) on Emirates 777-300er. Approach into Dubai was hard because there was soooo much traffic!

4 Likes

Santa Ana Volcano crater, San Salvador, El Salvador

8 Likes

The volcanic craters close to San Salvador

7 Likes

Lake Segara Anak, Mount Rinjani crater, Indonesia

10 Likes

A Saturday flight from Los Angeles to Cancun, Mexico, on Delta airlines.

Distance flown: 1 933 NM / Travel time: 4 h 16 m

8 Likes

Red Sea traffic

6 Likes

Matterhorn fly-by

4 Likes

Daher 930 TBM, Anchorage, Alaska

7 Likes

Saturday flight: EasyJet A320 from Mailand-Linate (LIML) to Tirana (LATI)

10 Likes

KFLL-TJSJ
SWA3009

Beautiful late afternoon flight from Ft. Lauderdale to San Juan, PR.

10 Likes

Flew from Mackinac Island to Beaver Island in the ATR 42 600

2 Likes

Today, I did a 90nm, 2h21 glider flight at Brazilian Central Highlands with AS-33 ME. It’s a very beautiful region in real life, but with extremely poor scenario in MSFS (no world update in Latin America after 2.5 years!). From Alto Paraíso (“High Paradise”, SDXF) to Minaçu (SWIQ), both at Goiás state, passing by Veadeiros Plateau and Tombador Range.

Before take-off.

Need more altitude. There is a good cloud there!

Exporting a Little Navmap flight plan creates these oddities with the AS-33 height calculation (it calculates height above cruise altitude, instead of above the ground, except for the destination airport). 2,400m ASL was more than enough, though.

The medium glide slope was far better than calculated on the top of the last thermal.

Floating lights at SWIQ!

Flight path. Note the detour south of Serra do Tombador 1 waypoint to get more altitude.

It was an interesting altitude profile.

7 Likes

MD-81 Ferry flight from PHNL-KLAX-KVCV, second leg KLAX-KVCV

6 Likes

A few short hops
Cessna 414

Blacksquare Baron

8 Likes

NIGHT CHASE FROM 9000 MSL TO PERRY (Florida)

Looked around for Cessnas night flying in south Florida and found N1479E over Lake Okeechobee at 9000 MSL bound for Perry Hollywood KHWO at 107 kts.

I jumped in my IndiaFoxtEcho LongEZ, switched my joystick and pedals profile right quick, and “materialized” at 9000 ft behind N1479E.

The night sky was clear so I was able to see the Cessna’s strobe and nav lights right away. I pushed the throttle and trimmed out for 140 kts to catch up, keeping the unsuspecting plane in sight. As I got close, flight following alerted N1479E to “traffic behind”, and they acknowledged traffic in sight. Not sure if that was a “copilot response” or actual, but soon after the target began its descent (with me trying to stay close).

The LongEZ is very efficient and does not want to lose altitude easily. I throttled back, extended the speed brake and set the pitch for 1000 fpm descent with my speed climbing to 160 KIAS, all the while keeping the Cessna in sight.

The Cessna descended to level out at a MSFS reported 223 feet, which I couldn’t feel comfortable flying at night so I leveled out at 1000 MSL (after adjusting to ATC reported pressure) and slowed down to be ready for a landing clearance.

Pretty soon I was cleared for 10R and the Cessna was cleared to the downwind pattern after me! I thought about breaking the clearance and following the Cessna in the pattern but was not sure how to do that with the MSFS ATC, so I slowed to put the gear down, mixture rich, extend the speed brake and nail my 80 kt approach speed down to the brilliant lights of Perry 10R.

I parked where I could watch the Cessna come in to a careful night landing:

6 Likes

I found the airports on the map and clicked on them (rather than searching by code) but Google yields the following:

Pokhara
IATA: PKR ICAO: VNPK (that’s the old airport by the way… MSFS also has the new one that is nearby).

Jomsom
IATA: JMO ICAO: VNJS

3 Likes

Sunday, late morning, Vatsim flight from LECO to freshly bought LEZL. I had “adventures” on the way. I had to reset my modem since I suddenly lost internet connection. Luckily, I was able to come back online quickly.

6 Likes

Leg 16 around Pacific in DC-3. Today the flight was from Okinawa (Naha) to the first main island of Japan - Kyushu (Nagasaki). ROAH :airplane: RJKA :airplane: RJFU
Weather was good, mostly few clouds, so I was flying VFR. Just following stretch of islands with help of VORs (lot of stations on the way). I did stop for lunch in Amami (the flight food was not fresh) and I actually had sushi for lunch. Also I changed livery for something more local, Nippon Airlines.

6 Likes

I went for a little scenic flight in my 701 STOL. I was getting tired and spotted a nice lake so I put it down at the waters edge, set up camp, and then relaxed for the evening.

8 Likes

Leg 4 of Norway bush trip in WBSim C172 with real weather. ENZV :airplane: ENBR
Before runup I heard airliner requesting taxi. I did runup fast enough to get cleared for takeoff before him. However, as soon as I was at runway the airliner got cleared to line up. And just after takeoff I had to get out of his way.

Do you know the saying “when he makes mistake, he tells the truth”? Originally I planned to fly 2 legs with touch-and-go at Flesland. However, I accidentally requested full stop landing. But after touchdown I realized I was happy with the mistake, because it was time to sleep.

5 Likes