What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 2)

Long transit day - Quebec to Goose Bay to Narsarsuaq Greenland. RON before the Reykjavik leg. G3000 handled the dogleg RNAV 06 descent perfectly.

8 Likes

Gave the An-2 a try - it’s really weird seeing the airspeed in kph. I kept looking around for the VSI too lol. Thank goodness for the ToolTips, although I wish they also indicated condition for some of the levers.

8 Likes

Gorgeous view flying over Temecula in the morning.

My parking spot for today.

Took the JPL C152 on a couple of trips fraught with danger and several key mistakes on my part, which of course added to the fun. First I took off from L08 (Borrego Valley) to F70 (French Valley), and diligently did everything except for glance down to see that she was out of oil. Took off, and noticed this detail once I had reached 4500 feet. As I pondered the situation, the engine died and I had to turn around and land in the desert (wind direction made returning to the airport impossible). I landed safely, then re-started a new trip from KMYF (Montgomery Field for repairs and oil), to F70 once more. Live weather created some gorgeous conditions, mostly rain and then into some IFR conditions about 14 miles from F70, meaning that I once again could not continue. I decided to venture into the zero-visibility conditions, and then test my skill at doing a u-turn. It’s really scary to do but I made it. I was able to land at a nearby airport and then move time to morning and weather to a Floyd preset to finish my journey to F70 then from there back to KNKX where I found a real bitchin parking spot. Also got to play around a lot with leaning using the EGT you can swap in place of the clock. A bit easier to do than in the Bonanza. Fun and learning all in one session!!

5 Likes

DC-3 from TFFR-TNCM

6 Likes

Flew the Antonov AN2 from VOMM (India) to VOBL (India)

2 Likes

A trip to Dubai, U.A.E…

10 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

Brize Norton AB to St. Athan AB: with a few incidents along the way.

6 Likes

In the spirit of this topic, please keep posts of sharing your flights in MSFS.

For reviews of addons or if you are experiencing an issue/bug, use an appropriate category.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Polska adventure on this AN-2, here on final at Krakow coming from Warsaw

12 Likes

Did some patterns in the Bagolu Skyhawk.

:clown_face: Wait for it:

I chose Woodland near Portland, no bad intentions, but it turned out to confuse people on Vatsim: “Did you just say final?!” :rofl: Sorry! :sweat_smile:

So I started to emphasise the “Wwooodddland”.

Cool thing: Volanta records all touchdowns in patterns. :+1:t2: Landings got better, as I deliberately focused on and practiced the often-heard “eyes at the end of the runway!”

13 Likes

L08 to KPSP via the pink line. The desert scenery and clouds are soothing, and the propeller lulls me into childhood memories of camping around Borrego Springs and Ocotillo. Bit of a crosswind landing at KPSP, IRL I would most likely not be flying with quite so much crosswind. But that is why we have Flight Sim!! I am really enjoying the WBSim/JPL C152.

10 Likes

Reached 400 hours in my log book (although I’m actually around 500 since I lost about 100 hours of entries previously) and tried out SU 12 with an hour sight seeing tour around New York city in my good old Cessna 140.

11 Likes

Visited Fort Bourtange:

It was surprisingly hard to find. I wanted to find it just by flying in its general direction and looking out the window, but had to use the map in the end. Looks really cool though

Here’s also a real world photo from the web as comparison:

12 Likes

Thursday flight: Delta Air Lines A320 from Oklahoma City (KOKC) to Washington Dulles (KIAD)

8 Likes

We departed in Ardmore, not far from Auckland, with a nice addon scenery.

Took some volunteers to Great Mercury Island, New Zealand.

They monitor the animal population. The island is currently declared “Pest free”, after wildlife population has recovered from foreign species that had been brought, and disturbed the ecological system.

I imagine they are now monitoring the situation, and visit this private owned island from time to time.

Most of the time the island is forsaken, but there is an estate that can be rented.

Bummer: They messed up the terrain. It’s 11% IRL, IIRC. – And did you spot the airport fire fighter truck they put there? :rotating_light::clown_face:

This is without the addon available. It’s archived, but I tested it afterwards, and I noticed no issues. Will keep it. Still the terrain is off.

Now I’m itching to learn how to do mesh fixes. :hammer_and_wrench:

8 Likes

Flew the Airbus a321 neo from VOBL (India) to LGAV (Greece)

3 Likes

KBOS-KEWR
UAL303

First flight in SU12, a quick hop home.

11 Likes

My latest legs see me flying from Darwin, in northern Australia, to Alice Springs, Adelaide and Melbourne in the south of the country and then to Canberra.

The landscapes of Oz are AMAZING! The colours of the the topical waters, the redness of the desert and lush greens. The weather is as dramatic as the geography. Dry and hot in Alice Springs to torrential rain in Canberra. Heavy traffic in and out of Melbourne and the ATC AI wasn’t horrible! That’s a first!

The latest update for MSFS seems to have caused some issues with the radio cutting out (only my side of the conversation is audible) and some weird scenery artifacting in the clouds. The TBM handles much better with crosswind landings after the update (Yay!). Downloaded the TBM930 user manual to follow the operating procedures as closely as possible - pretty cool and enhances the experience a lot!

Here are some pix of the colours of Oz

Approaching Darwin

Taxi in Alice Springs

Melbourne and Canberra

Desert red

Clear sky

Fields

Land and sea

Rainy departure

Next stop, Sydney!

Happy flying :airplane: :sunglasses:

19 Likes