Who is going to work on the SR22?

Daklfly’s the one to ask about that. I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

Out of interest: Only by fixes and work of Asobo?

Asobo addressed it as part of SU6.

1 Like

That’s great to know!

For the record, the improved SR22 is absolutely a step in the right direction. It does perform better than it used to. Coupled with the NXi improvement and it’s probably worth taking it for a longer cross-country flight sometime soon. It has the airspeed for that sort of thing.

The Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22GTSX Turbo was a favorite of mine “back in the day” and even had a functional CAPS system. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But but but the parachute!

1 Like

still the GCU does not work since one and a half years. and no, has nothing to do with “study level”.

1 Like

I hope some 3rd party developer creates an improved (new) version and is not discouraged by duplicating an aircraft that is in the sim already. My fear is that 3rd parties choose for other planes and leave us with the built-in version.

1 Like

Always preferred the SR22 over the Cessna

That’s correct… essentially, a modder would have to start from scratch in developing the .cfg files for the plane.

The .bin and .gltf files are accessible, so, it’s possible, with a ton of work, that some things could be modded of the model as well. I’m not sure if the buttons could be made accessible and animated.

3 Likes

I would think since Carenado has theirs for XPlane 11 and they’re re-releasing a lot of their aircraft onto MSFS… just have to patiently wait.

2 Likes

For sure I am not waiting for a carenado SR22!

1 Like

Am I right in thinking that with the update from the Asobo folks, there will now be the possibility of a mod for this fine aircraft? Something to do with unlocking deluxe and premium aircraft or something?

1 Like

Is that a typo? Should it read “there will now be”?

If so, then yes, with the de-encryption it opens up the possibility for mods.

2 Likes

Yep! Well observed

2 Likes

Can the keyboard GCU activated ?

So glad they did away with encryption of the cfg files. Curious to see which planes get a mod first😊

There is already a really cool looking mod in the works that you can check out here: the WB-SIM near study level C172s Mod.

2 Likes

I suspect that would require a deeper, Working Title level of development effort.

1 Like

i don’t think i can agree with alot of the posts. The Cirrus engine modelling is completely out of real world physics. The Flight model mainly the drag curve especially when undertaking a Glide to Land is nothing like an SR22 its more like a 172.

i would also like to review the evidence that the Asobo SR 22 is close to Book because my own results show this is no where near the case and cant be because the Mixture setting for pretty much all MSFS default aircraft isn’t factually based… its like they set up a few random numbers that show when you are flying at set settings but anything outside of these settings are just random. and the manifold pressure that apparently is not affected by any alterations of the Mixture either running LOP or ROP backs up any claim that the default sr22 is a close to RW model as amber hurd is to telling the truth.

the RPM to power ratio from the prop governor are pretty much just ( lets throw something together ).

and no pilot thinks about the cost when pulling the chute whilst conducting an emergency, because we understand from very early on in our training that as soon as something does go wrong the insurance company owns the aircraft and its down to you to do your best to ensure you walk away to fill in the forms.

3 Likes

That will depend on if the model remains encrypted. If yes, then not likely as I don’t think the click spots can be created without access to the model. But, maybe if the necessary information is in the .gltf files…