Who is going to work on the SR22?

To be fair to the SR22, a lot of the issues with engine modeling are issues with MSFS itself, not this particular plane. And yes, that’s sad to say two years after release.

We are fair. Sim and sr22 are BOTH from ms / Asobo. Since 2 years no improvements besides bugfixes. Full GCU keypad inop. Aircraft completely off. It’s a disaster. And they call it PREMIUM DELUXE.
(Ok I come from the torquesim SR22 but still. )

@FlyingsCool5650 They open the CFG files nothing more.
Last hope is WT team next year.
Cheers !

1 Like

Personal Observations

Based on comments on their Discord, Perspective+ isn’t on the list of planned improvements. Obviously that could change, but plenty of fodder in finally touching the Rockwell Collins setups in the tubeliners alone.

The GLTF files are ascii files and editable. I’m not fluent in them, but, those files are what the modder for the TBM used to turn on the opening doors.

So, my thought was, and I have no idea, but, if the buttons are accessible there’s a Dumb and Dumber chance that somebody could figure out how to mod the gltf file and create a gauge to access the buttons.

its a default plane and the Post is asking about if there a Cirrus improvement mod. my response to the topic is to a member who has claimed that the SR22 is accurate and fly’s close to POH which is false.

do the aircraft require an overhaul… absolutely but Asobo and msfs have this way down their priority list even after 2 years. still many things in this SIM / Game are hacked or inaccurate when trying to utilise it as a sim based trainer. pitty as it had so much potential and the lead up PR statements was a simulator that real world pilots especially VFR can use to train on.

Totally agree, the basics still need a ton of improvement. Perhaps someone will take up the SR22 once we have the unlocked files. The G36 project has come a long way (though it still runs into issues with the sim).

G36 is not encrypted.

And the SR22 won’t be after update 10

Hello!
I tried to modify the sr22 but the sdk needs the xml file of the model I searched the folder and didn’t find it (SU10 beta)

btw I also tried redownloading sr22 with the same result

Oh yes it will be and stay encrypted. Only the cfg files will be free after su10

In this context the English expression “to be fair” means the faults with the MSFS SR22 are largely due to the underlying sim engine and not anything specifically coded in the aircraft’s encrypted files. Thus any improvements to the SR22 would require improvements to the base game. That is what the poster is trying to say.

“To be fair” means don’t blame the aircraft for the faults in the Sim.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with this. Just explaining the phrase.

Hey Mdapol, that is what we are saying, the modelling physics / coding is off in most default aircraft especially the piston aircraft.

i know other sims may not get their default aircraft accurate in terms of graphics openable doors etc but they at least get the instruments to read close to RW physics and information. Whilst this isn’t uncommon it is a little slap in the face because the Deluxe premium aircraft are if you think about it actually payware.

I purchased on release the deluxe premium because i could but in truth the GA world in msfs really is a let down and lets be honest GA Piston is where all wannabe pilots / student pilots such as myself start out.

and flying VFR isnt just about looking out the window. when you set RPMs you expect a specific speed window, you cant practice things like Glide approach or power off landings because MSFS struggles to give close to RW physics and the VS / Airspeed that you would train to use so it becomes muscle memory really matters.

I solo’d in 10 hrs in a PA28 because when i wasn’t able to fly i was on my home sim… these really do need to be accurate to train with. its important. especially with the cost of flying going up through the roof nowadays.

Hope your good though

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately the xml files remain hidden, as do the LOD00 files. So when it comes to improving interior functionality, it’s a case of building everything from scratch.

Well they have our money for premium…why should they improve after 2 years?

He’s asking if any 3rd party people have written a mod for the plane. Not if Asobo has modified it.

I’ve not caught wind of anything yet. But with the recent overhauls of the steam gauge 172 and King Air, and such, I’m hoping someone is working on this iconic airplane, particularly the keyboard aspects for entering things into the MFD, flight model improvements, and a working parachute.

I really need an upgrade to my ability to announce a 5mi straight in without a care in the world for who is in the pattern.

One of the main reasons I sprung for MSFS with “all the sprinkles” two years ago was to be able to fly the SR22, a favorite in FSX.

I don’t think I’ve flown the SR22 in nearly two years. It was - and remains - quite disappointing.

4 Likes

I am surprised that the keyboard does not function after 2 years.

2 Likes

Which King Air overhaul are you referring to? I found one on flightsim.to a while back that appears to be stale now. Are there others? Thanks…

There is a payware add on from black square coming that turns the King Air into a steam gauge cockpit. They already released one for the Caravan.

1 Like