Im well aware of the SDK purpose and function, im a product tester for many 3rd party devs, we spoke on Captain Kenobi’s live stream (I’m Batman).
I was refering to the OPs statement that to sell via matketplace the SDK should be “strictly adhered to”.
Yes i agree with your comments that this would give better product performance but as per the point of the discussion it does not stop a SHODDY product from coming to market or stop dubious devs from flooding the marketplace with tripe.
Hi folks,
Please can I request for users to ensure their posts adhere to our forum Standard Operating Procedures and Code of Conduct, namely:
- A Pilot is a Pilot - Treat everyone in the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
Whilst we will always welcome users to give their honest feedback on the MSFS forums, please ensure your comments, whether positive or negative, remain appropriate and constructive in their nature.
Thanks for your understanding
The MSFS Team
MScenery is trash. I made the mistake of buying a PC-12 on Xplane from them and I could not believe how bad it was. It looked like something from the 80’s.PS: they don’t care. Refused to give me a refund.
I’ll be the minority opinion here and echo what Jorg and other developers have said: Those “low quality” not-deeply-simulated models absolutely serve a purpose and benefit a specific segment of users. There are likely thousands of users of both MSFS (2020) and MSFS 2024 that couldn’t tell you the difference between a Bredok airliner and a PMDG one other than PMDG being more expensive and (from their perspective) more difficult to use.
It’s up to the consumer, as always, to do their own research before purchase and determine if a product meets their needs. If someone is looking for a so-called “study-level” airliner and then buys an MScenery product simply because they threw in the non-legally-binding word “Professional” in their title, then it’s their own fault to be disappointed for not doing any independent research.
The flip-side of this is that there’s probably some imaginary forum somewhere filled with ultra-casual “gamer” users of the sim that get everything they need out of MScenery (and the like) and they’re complaining about the Marketplace being flooded with overly-expensive, unnecessarily-complicated products from “trash” brands like PMDG and iniBuilds (note this is not my own opinion, just offering the inverse perspective of the majority of this forum/thread).
At the end of the day, these brands’ existence on the Marketplace does nothing to hinder your experience provided you’re willing to do the appropriate pre-purchase research as you should be doing with any purchase larger than a pack of gum, in my opinion.
I’ll go ahead and take the roasting now from everyone who disagrees ![]()
not sure if this is up to date but:
3rd Party Support & Bug Reporting - Community Content Hangar / 3rd Party Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
I think it’d be good to have this contact info on product pages as a condition to sell in the MP.
Exactly, there are clever people in the world because there are fools.
How moral is it to abuse ignorance for profit?
The responsibility lies with those who allow people with little knowledge to be deceived. MS
No roasting here, just some warm air coming out of the furnace. I do think the imaginary forum you created is definitely imaginary ![]()
I agree that there needs to be personal responsibility on how you spend your money. Microsoft cannot be the arbiter of what you deem as “quality.”
However, I really do think the current strategy hurts sales of other higher quality products. The Marketplace is so painful to navigate (I’m still on MSFS2020), and all of these cheaper, basic add-ons completely dominate. I mean, I even had a harder time than expected finding the recent free City Update released around the FS Expo event. This, in my opinion, is a bad look. Better filtering options would go a long way to improving this situation.
100% as that demographic of players is defined by their “casualness” they wouldn’t even bother creating a space to complain on
but if they did…
As I said, my knowledge of the SDK, and what it means to a developer, is limited (since I’m not a developer.)
As Mathias said in a post following yours:
That answered my question.
I agree that the reviews section could allow customers to add more details to their review as a way to better inform other customers. I also think the ratings in the 24 Marketplace should be weighted by quantity of reviews, the way 2020 Marketplace is.
One point I will absolutely agree with here though is that it should be a requirement for all Marketplace developers to provide means of direct contact for support. There’s one in mind that even references in their descriptions “email us with any issues!” and then goes on to provide absolutely no email address, nor does scouring the internet turn up anything for contacting them.
In fact, this is already a wishlist item for anyone who agrees:
As far as I know, the 2024 Marketplace has a 2-3 options now by which to rate a product. Every little helps, I guess.
The problem we have is that there’s a legal difference between a poor product, and a product that’s not functioning as advertised. In the UK, the key line is ‘fit for purpose.’ In the case of MScenery, I’m assuming they stop short of advertising features that simply don’t function. As long as it takes off, lands and is somewhat controllable — and loosely adheres to the default MSFS control system — there’s nothing the law in most countries can really do.
The most prudent thing anyone can do is avoid buying questionable add-ons in the first place — and we can do that simply by doing research. But it is important to acknowledge that there are likely more casual players than there are serious, since almost anyone with an Xbox and Gamepass can play MSFS/FS2024. An excited 10-year-old will probably be quite happy with a cheap ‘Jumbo Jet’ in his sim, that he can mess around with — why would it need even the most basic system functionality?
This thread is starting to not just migrate from its original title and question but its crossing an international boader and running into another topic of what is acceptable on the marketplace.
The OP’s question was “Who owns MScenery?”
So if anyone finds out who infact owns MScenery and indeed where to contact them then please post it in this thread. Then those that do purchase their wares can then contact them for product support.
“Who owns MScenery?” = It’s a mysterious entity from cyberspace, waiting to get their $$$ from unsuspecting people
100%, Who owns this company - if it is a company even - it would be interesting to know which country it operates out of for sure - not in the UK by all accounts. Any other countries find it in their google search data?
I now feel like Ethan Hunt in act 1 of the original Mission: Impossible movie when he’s emailing every possible bible verse website in every language to track down the mysterious Job - I’m opening tickets asking for contact information for MScenery on every site that sells their products, including with Zendesk (fat chance, but hey you never know, some new guy might slip some info they’re not supposed to
).
Will report back if any of these return anything useful.
EDIT: per SimMarket support, MScenery can be contacted at mscenerym@gmail.com
Now the six-million-dollar question (that we all already know the answer to) is: “Will they respond to anything?”
It does hinder the experience of the Marketplace itself for me. I need a ‘Select All’ filter ASAP so that I can select all the creators and just de-select the ones I do not want.
This should hopefully not be a big ask from a company like Microsoft who have products like Excel and PowerBI and know about filters/slicers very well.
I agree a select all button on the filters is needed, as would persistent filters that don’t reset with each session.
That said, that’s more a hinderance of the UI and not any one (or more) developer’s fault. Ultra-casual gamers using the sim marketplace probably feel the same about having to see (what we perceive to be) “high quality” addons and developers clogging up their displays as well, and they would also benefit from improved filtering/better UI.
“Only to those which purchased…”
The grammar in that sentence concerns me already!


