Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

I will be super excited when we can get a pop-up IFR clearance in flight :slight_smile:

I think we can already

As far as I am aware that is not currently possible with the G1000NXi.

Only when an IFR flight has been defined pre-flight in the World map and subsequently cancelled during the flight to go VFR can a request to resume IFR be made. In the default G1000 it was possible to set a Direct to an airport inflight and then an option to request IFR would become available even if no flight plan had been created pre-flight.

This does not happen with the G1000NXi and If I recall correctly that is acknowledged by WT in the current implementation.

Too bad the NXi mod shows the wind direction in TRUE headings, and not in magnetic headings like the real one.

Are you sure that’s the case? I don’t think that has been reported before.

I’m not sure how to test that but in options Nav Angle set to Magnetic if I set my course to the wind it tracks correctly.

I’m pretty sure… As a result, the headwind, tailwind and crosswind components are also not correctly displayed. This is especially noticeable in areas with high magnetic declination.
It works correctly with the G3000 mod.

I’ve been seeing an option on the ATC menu to request IFR when making a VFR plan. Is that something different?

That’s always been there

Garmin G1000 working title NXi version -Xbox platform – visual approaches not working reliably

On an intermittent basis selecting “APR” seems to turn off “GPS” mode and the G1000 enters “ROL” mode. Further the CDI changes from magenta (GPS) to green (LOC1) (see screenshot). Also the autopilot no longer navigates the aircraft to the runway threshold following the glide path. Instead you get a message on the PFD saying “no GS”. It doesn’t seem to matter where in the flight you select “APR” to elicit this problem. I have tested this issue multiple times with exactly the same aircraft and exactly the same runway approach (the second screenshot shows the destination airport and approach)!
. Sometimes things work as per normal and when you select “APR” the glide path is simply armed and then becomes active at the appropriate point and the aircraft follows the glide path down to the runway threshold. The Garmin stays in “GPS” mode for the entire duration of the flight as expected. Other times you get the behaviour described at the start of this post.

Visual approaches do not use a glideslope like an ILS approach would. You stay in GPS. On a visual approach using the NXi, I set my altitude to below the final altitude on the flight plan, press VNAV, and the autopilot does the rest. Usually turn off the AP somewhere between 1000-500ft. Works absolutely fine for me.

I noticed this happening a couple of days ago with the PC version (MS Store). This is a head scratcher wondering if I was doing something wrong… I started turning off NAV putting it into ROLL mode and then pressing APPR. Then everything worked normally with LOC1 in the CDI and GS armed and eventually captured correctly.

What seems strange is that this just started happening very recently and I don’t recall any updates or new addons installed.

Hi
I’m flying VFR but I like to use the ILS (when available) for landing.
I’m very happy with the G1000 nxi because I now can lean the mixture correctly.
But I always get “no gs” when activating ILS frequency on LOC1.
I know there’s a way using autopilot and setting APR mode, but I usually disconnect autopilot when I get ATC instructions to fly the arrival airport pattern.
Is there a way to have the GS working else then using AP with APR mode ?
I’d be sad to go back to the legacy G1000 of the game.

Moderator note:
The next 5 posts have been moved into this topic.

1 Like

On the right flight display when your on the nearest section and select airports how do you select the airport and navigate down to the runway frequencies and approach sections of that page I press enter key and it just keeps scrolling down the airport list same with the right inner and outer knob. Hope what I’m trying to explain makes sense. Is that feature just not working yet? I can scroll the airports waypoint etc… but I can’t get it to go down from when it’s on say an airport I want and I want to scroll down the freqs to get a localiser frequency but I can’t figure out how to get it to go down to the runway section or frequency section of the page I can highlight an airport but when I push enter it just scrolls as if I turned the knob to go to the next nearest airport if I go to the search page I can type in an airport and get the freqs that way but it’s a lot when your in the air trying to freestyle a landing would make it easy if I would work from the nearest page! I’ve been using skyvector and chart fox just wanted to be able to use the g1000 and do it but I guess it’s still not fully functional! Wanted to ask in the MSFS official for sim but can’t figure out how to start a post it’s maddening! I need to go to bed now but if anyone responds to this I will try and post some pictures of what I mean later today. After 2am for me here now and I gotta get some sleep for work! Thanks All!

Can I offer you some punctuation marks? I have plenty. Take as many as you need. :laughing:

Have you downloaded the update for the NXi? Since SU9 just dropped, you will need to update the NXi if it didn’t already.

Are you using the cursor mode on the controller or did you plug a mouse into your Xbox? I plugged a wireless USB mouse into my Series X and it has been a great QoL add-on.

1 Like

It should be possible going to those sections by using the Softkeys at the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Ah didn’t think of that! I’ll have to try it!

Sorry grammar is something I never cared about! I am using mouse and little game controller keyboard. SU9 installed fine for me and I have updated the NXi

![quote=“YggBjorn, post:2, topic:513467, full:true”]
Can I offer you some punctuation marks? I have plenty. Take as many as you need. :laughing:

Have you downloaded the update for the NXi? Since SU9 just dropped, you will need to update the NXi if it didn’t already.

Are you using the cursor mode on the controller or did you plug a mouse into your Xbox? I plugged a wireless USB mouse into my Series X and it has been a great QoL add-on.
[/quote]

1 Like

world map flight plan save load and IFR Low Altitude click fly Loading G1000 NXI CTD again

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000083fa41
Faulting process id: 0x39dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85723a55c2394
Faulting application path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 9a0456e9-7ace-4940-90a4-e1b2ce909cde
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: